• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sin And Punishment Developer Treasure Working On 3DS Exclusive

Where are people getting the idea that Treasure would be making a new Star Fox?

The games are nothing like anything they've ever made

I think some S&P sections are similar to SNES Star fox. That was a game with shooting, awesome bosses, a lot of dodging projectiles and debris, and barrel rolling your ship at projectiles. N64 Star Fox (which was a bit more like a flight sim) was a little less like S&P, but still has similarities.

Speaking of which, what's the title again of that 3DS shoot'em-up game from the developers of Ikaruga?
Is it due to be out shortly, isn't it?

It's called Kokuga, and I think it's out already. I remember reading NeoGAFfer impressions of it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Did they make atleast one bad game? Or with other words: has anyone tried McDonald’s Treasure Land Adventure ?

Stretch Panic and Bleach Versus Crusade are both pretty objectively terrible last time I checked

Every thing else probably comes down to preference(I don't really like the Bangai O games or Radiant Silvergun)

Mupod

I want to see something new from them. I wouldn't complain about Mischief Makers or Alien Soldier resurfacing though.

Especially the latter...the world needs a new hyperactive boss rush 2D action game.

Yuterald

Yes, finally! I was waiting to hear what these dudes were up to! Very excited!

Honestly though, I hope it's not a portable Sin&Punishment. I love S&P, but we just got one not too long ago. Also, I wouldn't want a Star Fox game either. Same deal, I love Star Fox and I know those guys would do it justice, but I'd rather see something else from them.

Here's my requests/picks:

-A new Wario game (not necessarily along the lines of Wario World).
-Mischief Makers 2/Successor (although maybe this would be better for Wii U).
-Something completely new.

Regardless, I can't wait to see it!

Neiteio

I don't know which I want more:

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

Mupod

Star Fox 64 3D actually sold pretty well, so I'm going to guess a new SF. Would make sense as to why it's 3DS exclusive

I don't think being exclusive to a platform is evidence of anything. Treasure is hella tiny, which is why they've been mostly keeping to XBLA.

I would love to see their take on Starfox, although I don't understand why Nintendo haven't barged into Platinum with guns to take Kamiya up on his offer.

Oersted

Stretch Panic and Bleach Versus Crusade are both pretty objectively terrible last time I checked

Every thing else probably comes down to preference(I don't really like the Bangai O games or Radiant Silvergun)

Thank you. Atleast a little bit to temp down my expectations.

Excellent!
If anyone can give me a reason to finally buy a 3DS, it's Treasure! =)

As a side note, Sin and Punishment 2 doesn't get nearly as much love as it deserves.
It's easily one of the best games this gen.

Sin-and-Punishment-Star-Successor.jpg

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
3DS
What r u doin?
3DS?
STAPH
--

It seems like every week there's a new game announcement for the 3DS. Crazy stuff, can't wait to see what Treasure is going to do on the 3DS, especially with the 3D effect.

Did they make atleast one bad game? Or with other words: has anyone tried McDonald’s Treasure Land Adventure ?
Yeah, I've tried McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure. Guess what? It's not bad. It's not outstandingly remarkable, but it's fun enough.

Didn't really care for Bangai-O Spirits, though.

Dave Long

Banned
Yeah, I've tried McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure. Guess what? It's not bad. It's not outstandingly remarkable, but it's fun enough.

Didn't really care for Bangai-O Spirits, though.

McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure is actually a great action platform game! It's just easy and not too long.

Neiteio

1800580-contra_super.jpg

I hope it's a 2D shooter. Astro Boy and Gunstar Super Heroes were two of the best games on GBA imo.
Oh shit, forgot about Contra V. Change my vote from S&P or Star Fox to Contra V. The last one was absolutely superb. (I know that was WayForward, but nothing to stop Treasure from keeping a good thing going!)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
That C was teasing another Contra game that has since been cancelled I thought.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Oh shit, forgot about Contra V. Change my vote from S&P or Star Fox to Contra V. The last one was absolutely superb. (I know that was WayForward, but nothing to stop Treasure from keeping a good thing going!)

They excel at making 2D/2.5D games and a Contra game by them would be the cat's meow. I love S&P but I just don't think the controls are a good fit for 3DS. If they're going to do a S&P3 I think the Wii remote and nun-chuck is a much better use for it. Besides, there's already Kid Icarus and Star Fox on 3DS.

BD1

Banned
Star Fox! I want balls out, space shooter mayhem and I want one of my favorite franchises to find redemption.

Although 64-3D didn't exactly light the charts on fire and Miyamoto was ominous about sequel potential.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
That C was teasing another Contra game that has since been cancelled I thought.

Konami teased it and then went quiet on it so who knows. Mercury Steam said they were interested. I've got my fingers crossed that it's Treasure though. I've always wanted to see them do a side scolling Contra or Castlevania game. They did an amazing job with Gradius V on PS2. There's a lot I like that MS did w/Castlevania, but there's no doubt in my mind that Treasure is a studio that is absolutely the perfect fit for a Contra game. I really don't think anyone would be able to top what they could do for a game like that.

Konami teased it and then went quiet on it so who knows. Mercury Steam said they were interested. I've got my fingers crossed that it's Treasure though. I've always wanted to see them do a side scolling Contra or Castlevania game. They did an amazing job with Gradius V on PS2. There's a lot I like that MS did w/Castlevania, but there's no doubt in my mind that Treasure is a studio that is absolutely the perfect fit for a Contra game. I really don't think anyone would be able to top what they could do for a game like that.

Yeah, a 2D Contra or Castlevania(!!!) sequel by Treasure would be godly, especially if it would ever happen on a system with PS3/360/WiiU level capabilities.

Holy shit, I just realized ^ that last sentence contains pretty much the most exciting thing I can possibly imagine being announced. Not gonna happen (yet) of course, but a man can still dream...

Platy

A new Treasure game is always something to comemorate =D

...and then crawl into fetal position and fear the impossibleness of the dificulty

I would totally be okay with a sequel to

logo.png

one of my favorite treasure games.

One of my favorite games.

Hiltz

It's about time Treasure announced what its working on. The last retail game they made was Sin & Punishment 2 in 2009 followed by XBLA releases of Bangai-O HD, Radiant Silvergun, and Guardian Heroes in 2011. I'd love to see them do eShop games for Wii U next. It's gotta be a more safe approach for niche franchises.

Split the difference and have Treasure make Contravania.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492183&highlight=contra

No I mean there was a topic for it

I'd like another 2D game from treasure, but I don't think it makes alot of sense to make a 2D game on the 3DS lol. Vita would be a better choice if they aren't going to use any of the platform's inherent features.(G.Rev is making a sidescrolling shooter on the Vita that looks amazing)

and with Alien Soldier and Gunstar Heroes under their belts, I'd rather see them make a new game in that style than be limited by the formulaic expectations of an existing franchise like Contra.(Disliked 4 since Wayforward basically just made another version NES games)

VARIA

Whatever it is I hope to god they use the Circle Pad Pro. Kid Icarus was a chore to play as it felt like it was meant to be a Wii game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't know which I want more:

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

STAR FOX.

SIN & PUNISHMENT.

Fox and Punishment?

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492183&highlight=contra

No I mean there was a topic for it

I'd like another 2D game from treasure, but I don't think it makes alot of sense to make a 2D game on the 3DS lol. Vita would be a better choice if they aren't going to use any of the platform's inherent features.(G.Rev is making a sidescrolling shooter on the Vita that looks amazing)

and with Alien Soldier and Gunstar Heroes under their belts, I'd rather see them make a new game in that style than be limited by the formulaic expectations of an existing franchise like Contra.(Disliked 4 since Wayforward basically just made another version NES games)

2.5D would work well on 3DS. Especially if you're going down corridors like in the first Contra or overhead like in Contra 3. They don't have to be limited to the confines of earlier Contra games either. There's no reason they couldn't add a melee or jump attack. Really any type of shooter by them would make me happy though.

Imagine this - Gunstar Super Heroes

Mixed with these graphics in glorious 3D - Gradius V

Top Bottom