• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sin Ciy is oficially awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Saw Sin City last night, and I was just blown away. The acting was absolutely perfect (for the most part), and I haven't seen a movie that looked that beautiful in a long time. Mickey Rourke was born to play in this, I think. And Benicio was amazing as usual. The makeup was perfect on those guys. Everything just fell into place so well. I bet Frank Miller's the happiest guy right about now.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Thanks for the impressions! I'm really eager to see this, if for no other reason than the striking style of it.

After years and years of comic book movies, we finally get one that actually looks like a god damned comic book!

To all RR haters...Dead included...>SUCK IT DOWWWWWN!

where did you catch the sneak preview at?

man i wish they were showing some in new york.

peace

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
hot damn with a woman on the lap.. that is sweet...

cannot WAIT for this movie. RR, FM, and QT all working on one movie together? might as well just start printing their own money on this one...

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Someone said something about Spider Man 2 being the epitome of the comic book movie, but on first impression I'd go with this (even though the subject matter's more film noir than comic). One thing I kept thinking of was Max Payne, and how they copped that whole vibe from this series, but how beautiful the material can come off in cinematic form. Wonderful!

yeah i saw the ruff cut along time ago it is awsome, have not seen the final cut though, but i am sure it cant go wrong.

love this movie, and as you said Rourke is KING

Dujour

Banned
heh, damn. Thanks for assuring that it'll kick ass. How's the music? i mean, it's a serious Robert Rodriguez flick, so the music should kick just as much arse. Memorable?

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Yeah, this movie definitely should kick ass. I'm really excited to see it, and I haven't been excited to see a movie in quite a long time.

mattiewheels

robertsan21 said:
love this movie, and as you said Rourke is KING
i could go on and on and on about rourke, it was a role custom fucking designed for his shtick and he comepletey owned it. felt kinda hellboy-ish sometimes, probably because of the heavy makeup. his makeup was too perfect, it gave so much to the performance. i hope this leads to more roles for him.

the music's nice, too. lots of memorable stuff.

i think this worked so perfectly becuase the source material was so strong, and miller was able to keep the exact vision he created.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Have you read the comics? Can you just say whether or not or how much of the violence has been cut?

mattiewheels

Ghost said:
Have you read the comics? Can you just say whether or not or how much of the violence has been cut?
buckets of white blood,
and a particularly memorable shot of the yellow bastard getting his genitals ripped out.

Iamthegamer said:
Could you please tell me what dialogue leads up to this, so I know when to not look....
"I take away his weapons. BOTH of them."
At least, that's what it was IIRC in the comic. Right?

mattiewheels

that's it. i spoilered that just in case, too.

mattiewheels

Matlock said:
whoa whoa whoa
they show his penis bring ripped off?
well, it's actually just a pile of goopy yellow rubber, but it just looks gross either way.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
00001m.jpg

00004m.jpg

00006m.jpg

J2 Cool

RAWK! Can't wait. And hell yeah Frank Miller's gotta be the happiest man alive right now. He's got Sin City done, and looking more faithful to comic books than any adaption of a comic book ever. And in the wings of that, he's coming back to Batman once again, with Jim f'n Lee for All Star: Batman & Robin.

mattiewheels

bob_arctor said:
Also, I'd like to add
00002m.jpg
she was so damn hot, but one of the other ladies in it, i think she was in spy kids, she was naked for most of her screen time, and was achingly hot.

mattiewheels

J2 Cool said:
RAWK! Can't wait. And hell yeah Frank Miller's gotta be the happiest man alive right now. He's got Sin City done, and looking more faithful to comic books than any adaption of a comic book ever. And in the wings of that, he's coming back to Batman once again, with Jim f'n Lee for All Star: Batman & Robin.
and batman begins take his year one story and finally makes a decent batman movie, hopefully.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
mattiewheels said:
she was so damn hot, but one of the other ladies in it, i think she was in spy kids, she was naked for most of her screen time, and was achingly hot.

My daughter's a Spy Kids fanatic. Thus, I'll take a guess and say you're referring to this lady:
040201_mww_gugino01_g.jpg

Matlock

Banned
bob_arctor said:
My daughter's a Spy Kids fanatic. Thus, I'll take a guess and say you're referring to this lady:
040201_mww_gugino01_g.jpg

Challenge: watch Spy Kids after Sin City without thinking of Sin City.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Matlock said:
Challenge: watch Spy Kids after Sin City without thinking of Sin City.

Hell, every time we see part 2 (my kid's favorite), all I always do is picture her naked anyway. Smokin' body. There's a great, split-second "ass" shot in there, a little bit after her parents pop up. She was also in some older movie about a bunch of low-lives and she's much thicker than she is now--her rack was pretty spectacular.

Speaking of rack, does Rosario Dawson give us the goods in the movie or what? There should be some clause stipulating she has to show titties at least once a flick.

bob_arctor said:
Hell, every time we see part 2 (my kid's favorite), all I always do is picture her naked anyway. Smokin' body. There's a great, split-second "ass" shot in there, a little bit after her parents pop up. She was also in some older movie about a bunch of low-lives and she's much thicker than she is now--her rack was pretty spectacular.

Speaking of rack, does Rosario Dawson give us the goods in the movie or what? There should be some clause stipulating she has to show titties at least once a flick.

i heard most of the chicks show the goods with the jessica alba being teh exception

border

That Jessica Alba sure is lookin' hot -- you would think that she could afford a bigger bathtub though.
ManaByte said:
Frank Miller didn't write Year One.
Looks to me like he did...

0930289331.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.gif

Che

Banned
Funky Papa said:
Yeah, I think I'm gonna like this

gq2.jpg

I was gonna bash you but then I realized that these assholes of the jessica alba site give this disgusting pic when you're hotlinking. Edit plz.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
whoa whoa, pic removed and moved to my webspace. I had it on my cache so I didn't see the link protection. What was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom