• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Singstar coming to PS4

lorddct

Can't come soon enough my Launch PS3 finally YLOD on me. I need this on PS4 so I can have Singing parties again!

And I have a ton of songs that I want to transfer over!

Can't come soon enough my Launch PS3 finally YLOD on me. I need this on PS4 so I can have Singing parties again!

And I have a ton of songs that I want to transfer over!

Yeah all I want now is a Buzz game and my parties are set up again. Someone metioned ealier maybe getting mobile devices to act as buzzers, again that would work great and bring the game to the masses.

Quasar

Looking forward to see what they have to say about all the content bought on the singstar store.

And you know, whilst I understand why they wouldn't do it, it would be cool if you could livestream it somewhat like playroom.

dose

Won't the quality of the audio when using a smartphone be pretty poor in some cases? My Galaxy S mic is pretty shit for example.

Looking forward to see what they have to say about all the content bought on the singstar store.
And you know, whilst I understand why they wouldn't do it, it would be cool if you could livestream it somewhat like playroom.

They've already said that IF you've already purchased the song via the store on PS3 and it's available on PS4 then you will be able to download it for free. Makes me wonder what will be missing from the PS4 store though, maybe those with low quality music videos that they don't want to push out at 1080?

goonergaz

I'm just happy that the songs are cross-buy where the PS4 version is available...that would not have been cool if they didn't do that!

AzaK

When this comes to PS4, I think it'll seal the deal on a purchase. It's one game my wife and I played together a craptonne and since my PS3 died we've been SingStar-less. Hopefully the songs I bought on the SingStore will carry through.

Quasar

They've already said that IF you've already purchased the song via the store on PS3 and it's available on PS4 then you will be able to download it for free. Makes me wonder what will be missing from the PS4 store though, maybe those with low quality music videos that they don't want to push out at 1080?

That does give a lot of room for disappointment. Maybe it will just be stuff they weren't able to renegotiate rights for.

I also wonder about Harmonixes word about Rockband returning and how that will go in terms of transfer of songs whenever it happens.

FeiRR

Banned
Will this be a forced icon on the PS4 OS too?

jVkvb6l.jpg

wilflare

the smartphone app support is genius. they should keep thinking how to better use the smartphones (most people have one!)

Yaoibot

2nd bloody comment in the source. It is not pinned to the dash. How about instead of searching for a sassy .gif or.jpg we actually do a little reading next time? Like 5s worth, at best. Its astonishing how many people in this thread never bothered to glance at the source. A testmant to the self-inflicted ADHD epidemic of our culture.

OP should update his/ her post.

2nd bloody comment in the source. It is not pinned to the dash. How about instead of searching for a sassy .gif or.jpg we actually do a little reading next time? Like 5s worth, at best. Its astonishing how many people in this thread never bothered to glance at the source. A testmant to the self-inflicted ADHD epidemic of our culture.

OP should update his/ her post.

Indeed, this isn't even a long thread either to read through before maing statements that have already been made and answered already.

As far as I know the only thing not clear right now is previous generation disc based songs.

I thought the official made it clear that those would not be usable with the PS4 version.

Well it's open to interpretation as we know if you try and load them up at the start they won't work, but will we be able to disc swap? That's the question that needs to be asked really. I'm not holding out much hope on it tbh, but would be nice else it means that I still would be keeping my PS3 for Singstar with over 15 discs that's roughly 400 songs I would be losing.

goonergaz

Well it's open to interpretation as we know if you try and load them up at the start they won't work, but will we be able to disc swap? That's the question that needs to be asked really. I'm not holding out much hope on it tbh, but would be nice else it means that I still would be keeping my PS3 for Singstar with over 15 discs that's roughly 400 songs I would be losing.

not really, I'm pretty sure I read "PS2 & PS3 disks not usable on PS4"

edit - oh, and OP needs updating

not really, I'm pretty sure I read "PS2 & PS3 disks not usable on PS4"

edit - oh, and OP needs updating

Yeah that's certainly what's been said, but I would like a more definite question asked in terms of not using them (loading up) but playing them via the disc swap option. Someone asked that and it wasn't answered, only those that just asked if we could use the old discs got a response.

goonergaz

Yeah that's certainly what's been said, but I would like a more definite question asked in terms of not using them (loading up) but playing them via the disc swap option. Someone asked that and it wasn't answered, only those that just asked if we could use the old discs got a response.

That's true...they added the feature on PS3 so it would be nice, but then I guess you could buy 100s of songs for next to nothing doing that.

Personally I can't be bothered with the faffing...I'd rather buy the songs, but I'd like to see more recent stuff (oh, and as ever I dream of a RHPS edition! lol).

That's true...they added the feature on PS3 so it would be nice, but then I guess you could buy 100s of songs for next to nothing doing that.

Personally I can't be bothered with the faffing...I'd rather buy the songs, but I'd like to see more recent stuff (oh, and as ever I dream of a RHPS edition! lol).

Yeah I think I would just bite the bullet and rebuild my library over time. It's much nicer not having to check the back of a disc for songs. Also makes making playlists easier as well.

Wouldn't mind them taking a similar F2P model as Singon where you can pay £5 for a day of full access to the catalogue, or £40-50 for a year. I'm assuming they could do it as they were not using original recordings for the songs.

goonergaz

Wouldn't mind them taking a similar F2P model as Singon where you can pay £5 for a day of full access to the catalogue, or £40-50 for a year. I'm assuming they could do it as they were not using original recordings for the songs.

hhmmm....yeah, I'd bite at £5 for 24hr access (or something along those lines) - considering I tend to buy a couple of songs each time I play it'd work out pretty good.

What I'd really like though is the ability to put songs into folders - ie 'Kids songs' 'slow songs' 'xmas songs' etc

GoaThief

I'll be annoyed if this is made a permanent app on PS4.

Good for the people who like it, and the smartphone microphone sounds great in principle but a potential minefield of quality and variables with so many android phones out there.

mindsale

I'm not sure how the licensing works now, but I had to call Sony and have them enable my songs for re-download when I replaced my PS3. This was like, '09?

IcyEyes

I *deeply* hated that icon on my PS3.
Sony, do it again on my PS4 and make it invasive and annoying as it was on PS3 and I will trash my Ps4 the next minute.
I swear.

goonergaz

I'm not sure how the licensing works now, but I had to call Sony and have them enable my songs for re-download when I replaced my PS3. This was like, '09?

yes, you could only have songs on one PS3 - likely ok on one PS3 + one PS4 as they will be technically different versions with cross-buy

goonergaz

Sony, do it again on my PS4 and make it invasive and annoying as it was on PS3 and I will trash my Ps4 the next minute.
I swear.

This is like, litterally every other post now...

ITS NOT HAPPENING

Please can a mod update the OP!?

Bundy

Banned
I swear.
Have you read this thread?
It has been posted 546445444545 times already.
It's NOT gonna happen!

I swear.

Being fair if that's how you react to an icon on your console, I'd say the PSN network is better off without you and whatever outbursts you might come out with. Added to the fact it seems that reading a thread or the actual source of the news is too hard for you, then I'd say good riddance.

Deadstar

Anyone seen any Singstar interviews or info on the new disc from E3 2014? They've got to be showing something right or have it playable?

Top Bottom