• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Singstar coming to PS4

This guy sucks for shit at answering questions.

Also, yeah, anyone that's tried to move Singstar DLC onto a new console knows how much of a fucking headache it is.

First you call customer service, explain the situation to them.
They then reply saying you can download it from your download list.
Then you explain you're not stupid and Singstar is different.
Then they get their supervisor, come back, explain it's impossible and hang up.
Then you call back, and repeat, until you find someone that knows what the fuck they're doing.
Then you have to wait a week until they're available to be redownloaded again.

That's not how it worked for me. When my PS3 died, I got a new one then I sent Sony an email explaining the situation and they said your songs will be available to download in 7-14 days. very simple. very easy.

Toki767

Singstar DRM is pretty bad since it's based on both console and account so you can only have it on one console at a time, but they are pretty nice about switching licenses over if you get a new system and what not.

The no PS2/PS3 disc swapping is a devastating blow. That's a good chunk of my library..not that I don't buy songs, I just have an assload of disc with songs I don't need to buy because if that fact. Thinking I'll have my PS3 hooked up for a minute..

Dunno about the forced icon, but if you don't use it, it'll fall towards the back anyway.

Not if it gets updated with any regularity. I'm sure I'll get over it, but it's still annoying.
Free Singstar app + Phone as microphone + any tracks you already have are compatible = could be huge in Europe.

Why would this be a big deal for Europe? Is karaoke a bigger deal over here or something?

Deadstar

Not if it gets updated with any regularity. I'm sure I'll get over it, but it's still annoying.

Why would this be a big deal for Europe? Is karaoke a bigger deal over here or something?

Europe likes to have fun and not blast headshots 24/7. They know how to socialize with friends and have a good time.

Vargas

I redownloaded all of my songs after getting a new PS3 and know I check and only one of the songs count as being on the HDD. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Deadstar

I redownloaded all of my songs after getting a new PS3 and know I check and only one of the songs count as being on the HDD. Anyone else ever have this problem?

You need to call Sony support and have them switch the license to your new ps3.

KAL2006

Banned
I'm glad Sony announced this now so it doesn't interrupt their conference too much. I think Sony should get their indie, casual and PS3 announcements out the way before E3.

bug_42

This guy sucks for shit at answering questions.

Also, yeah, anyone that's tried to move Singstar DLC onto a new console knows how much of a fucking headache it is.

First you call customer service, explain the situation to them.
They then reply saying you can download it from your download list.
Then you explain you're not stupid and Singstar is different.
Then they get their supervisor, come back, explain it's impossible and hang up.
Then you call back, and repeat, until you find someone that knows what the fuck they're doing.
Then you have to wait a week until they're available to be redownloaded again.

THIS,
Having to deal with this, left such a bad taste in my mouth, that I don't want to support Singstar, unless they come and say this will no be an issue.

Vargas

You need to call Sony support and have them switch the license to your new ps3.

They did, I downloaded the songs after the license was transferred, played some tracks and thought everything was fine. i go back yesterday and only 1 song was available to play, I checked my downloaded song list and all of them songs were listed as available but not on the HDD. The weird thing is I couldnt find the file in the game data utility but my harddrive still thinks the songs are there since a huge chunk of space is still allotted to the singstar songs.

Deadstar

They did, I downloaded the songs after the license was transferred, played some tracks and thought everything was fine. i go back yesterday and only 1 song was available to play, I checked my downloaded song list and all of them songs were listed as available but not on the HDD. The weird thing is I couldnt find the file in the game data utility but my harddrive still thinks the songs are there since a huge chunk of space is still allotted to the singstar songs.

There is a song manager in Singstar. Can you go in there and manually remove all your songs then redownload them? That might fix the issue.

Liberty4all

Banned
I'm sending a request to my contacts at SCEE and SCEA for an all encompassing answer to the questions posed in this thread.

CamHostage

Are you guys serious about wanting to sing with your Vitas?

I feel like the question should rightfully be raised every time Sony launches an app and it's for iOS/Android but not Sony's own portable (especially with PlayStation Mobile, although that spec is compromised as both a viable Android and Vita release platform.) That said, every time we question it, we should probably move on immediately as there's nothing shocking to the lack of support, just disappointment.

Deadstar

I'm sending a request to my contacts at SCEE and SCEA for an all encompassing answer to the questions posed in this thread.

You're doing gods work. Please ask about the disc swap. I believe that's the #1 issue right now, which is whether or not we can swap ps2/ps3 discs like we could for the ps3 version.

Vargas

There is a song manager in Singstar. Can you go in there and manually remove all your songs then redownload them? That might fix the issue.

Yeah, I have to redownload everything again. I have no idea how they were deleted since they were all there a few days ago.

agm2502

You're doing gods work. Please ask about the disc swap. I believe that's the #1 issue right now, which is whether or not we can swap ps2/ps3 discs like we could for the ps3 version.

In the beginning with the PS3 version there wasn't disc swapping with PS2 versions, it came later as an update. Hopefully it will be the same this time. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible.

A mic app seriously wants me to play this. The hassle(I know, I know) of setting up the mic and putting it away every time was what kept me from playing it. Plus the mic I had stopped working immediately. There will never be cable damage with this app obviously. Consider me interested.

Liberty4all

Banned

Yup I specifically mentioned disc swap. Email sent to both SCEE and SCEA. Also asked for clarification on perm icon and what "almost all" songs being compatible between ps3 and ps4 means exactly. Basically asked for a comprehensive breakdown based on questions posed in this thread.

I have a personal stake in this as I have 100 songs and a wife that wants answers ;p

All the questions are feasible, and I don't see anything prohibitive to give into these, if they aren't implemented.

Of course, given how much Singstar changed over the course of last gen, I would fully expect that to be worked on later. I just want to be told that "we're looking into it" rather than simply saying "it won't be in".

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Yup I specifically mentioned disc swap. Email sent to both SCEE and SCEA. Also asked for clarification on perm icon and what "almost all" songs being compatible between ps3 and ps4 means exactly. Basically asked for a comprehensive breakdown based on questions posed in this thread.

I have a personal stake in this as I have 100 songs and a wife that wants answers ;p

I have more than a thousand songs, I would be pissed if it isn't the case. I have an old phat PS3 just for SingStar.

shink

For me the DRM is probably the No.1 issue. If it's tied to console and account for the PS4, I think I'll avoid purchases and stick with the disc.

Some of the question being asked here are answered on the US PS Blog.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...o-ps4-alongside-free-companion-app-this-year/

shink

Time for a twitter campaign?

No harm in trying, but I feel like if they never bothered to make any changes with the PS3 DLC after 6 years and since this will be cross-buy with PS4 songs, I think they'll just take the path of least resistance.

Pachimari

Would have been awesome, if we could shop and buy tracks from the SingStore on our smartphones. Such an obvious feature. =/

lupinko

I've spent over $200 on dlc and most of it gone mainly because my JP 60gb croaked and the dlc was from AU PSN. And I'm too lazy to try and get them relicensed to a my current slim.

Still don't regret it tho.

If they don't have an asinine dlc system and try to expand to Asia this time around (which I still doubt), I'll jump back in.

The latter is not as important as the former.

Phone app is genius! I own almost every game in the Sing Star series. My step dad was a crooner and my family is filled with musicians. We love this franchise! Great fun!

bryehn

SingStar has always been biggest in Euroland, especially the UK.

Once again she uses the exact same phrase.

That's not the question. We're not asking to play PS2/3 discs. We're asking to read the data off of them.

If they made it work with PS2 discs on PS3, I'm not sure why they can't do it again.

Cross posting from the other thread.

From Polygon:

This also will NOT be pinned to the dash. I have yet to figure out if disc swapping is in, that is the most important thing here. I'd rather have disc swapping than dlc support.

Yeah disc swapping would be great. IF they are just video files like I presume they were before with the PS2>PS3 swap then I don't see why there should be an issue, unless it comes down to greed. Stoked that we can re-download previously purchased stuff though.

LOCK

I secretly love this game. And the app is genius, though using a real mic is still cool.

And thank god our songs transfer.

lupinko

If I can use my ps3 dlc from NA and AU, that changes everything. I would like to be able to use the ps2 and ps3 discs tho, I had Vol 1&2 for NA and PAL Vol 3 as well as the ps2 80s disc.

If I can use my ps3 dlc from NA and AU, that changes everything. I would like to be able to use the ps2 and ps3 discs tho, I had Vol 1&2 for NA and PAL Vol 3 as well as the ps2 80s disc.

It might be that they won't allow disc swap to crush the used game side of it. Myself and my girlfriend bought loads of PS2 discs second hand for just a couple of quid each. That's 30 songs for the price of 2 downloads.

If we can use our phone does this mean Bluetooth? Pls say it's so.

Probably not and it's likely to be over your network.

Top Bottom