• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Singstar is now a XMB app. (in EU for now)

jayb

It's crapware like this that is pushing me farther and farther away from xbox and ps3. I should just bite the bullet and switch to the master race.

jayb

The iOS thread is right here

7epyZ.gif

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
There's two console generations of Singstar games you can use in the app if you have them or want to get a bunch of songs cheap, unofficial mics are supported so you don't have to get official ones and a bunch of demo songs to try out before buying anything.

Would it be nice to have a free song or two, yes, but I don't see a problem with what they are doing.

Deadstar

For everyone complaining about the app give it a shot. Singstar is the best party game today. Invite some friends over and have a blast. You're welcome.

Shiloa

No, they should have a f2p section in the store. There is nothing special about f2p games that they merit a place outside the store. They are obtained via an Internet connection, so access to the store is required anyway.

These things have no place in the base OS at all. None.
While I agree, F2P to make sense for business is by getting as many people to try as possible, so it needs the exposure.

Deadstar

The singstar twitter replied to someone a few days ago saying there was almost a Singstar Rammstein. That would have been insane.

Roxas

Lmao, that Nina lady was clearly told to shut the fuck up by her superiors

Thanks to all of you for your comments. Apologies to anyone who felt my responses were inappropriate. It certainly wasn’t my intention to cause any offence! We will definitely take all of your feedback on board.
We’re all really proud of SingStar, and hope that you can all enjoy it with us in the future.

I just read through the comment section of the Singstar store article on the EU PS Blog. http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/10/23/get-ready-for-singstar-on-the-xmb/

Lots of people are rightfully upset about the Singstar store icon being shoved down our throats.

Here are some horrible answers from a PR person at the blog.

ibqVXEQMB7KSlV.png

iL5CTwwHIzmfJ.png

iczz39VBvlUIv.png

I can't say how frustrated I am over this shit, what the fuck is wrong with some people at SCEE?

Funny. Why didn't you quote some of the insults that were posted by users, some of them are already deleted, but here is a nice post from someone:

cnrawx1p.jpg

How would you feel if people would talk like that about something you have worked hard on?

Bgamer90

Banned
Don't know if this has been posted already but a free Rock Back app on a next gen system would be neat.

Just improve the game (graphics, new pick up and play gameplay modes); Make the songs $1 each and make all previous RB songs that people have compatible with the app.

It's not. Nor is the "IT IS STAYING :D" one that is clearly not meant in an angry/insulting tone

Those aren't angry or insulting, but they clearly give the person an unsatisfactory feeling and they're not professional.

A better way to handle it would be to say "We are sorry you feel this way, but we take your opinion seriously and it may be handled differently in the future." You know, REAL PR.

Carl

It's not rude per se, but saying "YOU MIGHT LIKE IT" is not a good rebuttal to why we should have that shitty icon sitting in-between my game collection on the XMB.

Uh, she was clearly replying to the microphones part of the question

Putting it between the disc icon and folders of downloaded games is downright stupid - if they really want to keep it in the games section then all they have to do is move it to the bottom of the list. I don't see why I should have scroll past that every time I want to load up a PSN title when I have no intention of ever using it.

I'm not expecting it to change though, Sony have never taken feedback on board regarding the XMB.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Lmao, that Nina lady was clearly told to shut the fuck up by her superiors

I can see how she was trying to make her comments come across as friendly jokes (she is the Content Manager for Singstar afterall) but she went about it the wrong way. Personally I would have just used an encouraging tone to get people to actually try the game instead of acting like a little girl with comments that basically translate to "it's staying, lol!!!1!"

And I'm still kinda in a state of "Why Singstar? Why now? Why wasn't I told?" bewilderment right now. I don't mind them pushing games/apps/new stuff on us, but there's a time and a place for it. The time is: when you've made the userbase fully aware of what you're going to do. And the place is not in the prime position of your "play games" section. The cherry on-top of this being that SCEE somehow have declared Singstar to be a 100% required and 100% important figment of 100% of gamers lives with its aforementioned prime positioning and the inability to remove it.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
The singstar twitter replied to someone a few days ago saying there was almost a Singstar Rammstein. That would have been insane.

Jesus, I would have bought that day -1. I'd be drunk every day while shouting along to 'Ich Will'.

I'd buy a SingStar Goth too, Sony. Or at least a track pack with The Sisters of Mercy, Fields of the Nephilim and The Cure.

AndyD

aka andydumi
So if one owns a SS disc, can you have those songs stored so you dont need a disc anymore and use this version instead?

Takao

Banned
Putting it between the disc icon and folders of downloaded games is downright stupid - if they really want to keep it in the games section then all they have to do is move it to the bottom of the list. I don't see why I should have scroll past that every time I want to load up a PSN title when I have no intention of ever using it.

I'm not expecting it to change though, Sony have never taken feedback on board regarding the XMB.

They're doing it so casuals and people who've never heard of Singstar suddenly become aware of it.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

In Korea the noraebangs (karaoke bars) have Du Hast amongst other rather esoteric western songs. It was a staple of mines whenever my friends got me drunk enough to venture into one.

If only they made the DRM less stupid and gave us a hassle free method to restore our songs.

*weeps at CA and AU purchased DLC on his dead ps3 fat*

Well for me it was just a call to Sony. I didn't even have to wait, just got someone on the phone right away. Then had to wait for a while to be able to download the songs, but that went pretty well.

lolmark

Ugh, I feel so dumb for putting so much money into Lips. Singstar is really tempting though. Are there wireless mics for this?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Ugh, I feel so dumb for putting so much money into Lips. Singstar is really tempting though. Are there wireless mics for this?

In Europe, yes. For some reason the wireless mics never got an official release in the US, but I guess you could import them from Europe if you really want wireless mics.

Just updated my ps3.. Where is the app..? I didn't see it..?

Look in the games section for the icon.

sakipon

They're doing it so casuals and people who've never heard of Singstar suddenly become aware of it.

Yes, and that's a smart idea. Still doesn't explain why you can't hide it after you've taken a look though. It's like a spam email that stays in the inbox - you know, just in case you need those blue pills later on.

Deadstar

If you like lips you will LOVE singstar. The interface is much better and it's just a better game in general. No stupid clapping your hands to get points, it's all about singing.

DemonNite

If you like lips you will LOVE singstar. The interface is much better and it's just a better game in general. No stupid clapping your hands to get points, it's all about singing.

and lets not forget the community videos which is a HUGE part of SingStar

Top Bottom