• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

gcubed

Tntnnbltn said:
Chart-topping songs from this weeks update (excluding Queen)...

Code:
                                               PEAK CHART POSITION
YEAR   SONG                                     US     UK     AUS
==================================================================
1963   Roy Orbison - "In Dreams"                 7      6      1
1973   Deep Purple - "Smoke On The Water"        4     21      -
1976   Sherbet - "Howzat"                       61      4      1
1983   Billy Joel - "Tell Her About It"          1      4      -
1985   Phyllis Nelson - "Move Closer"            -      1      -
1986   The Triffids - "Wide Open Road"           -     26     64
2001   Incubus - "Drive"                         9     40     34
2003   Blur - "Good Song"                        -     22      -
2004   OutKast - "Roses"                         9      4      2
2005   Trace Adkins - "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk"  30      -      -
2007   Trace Adkins - "You're Gonna Miss This"  12      -      -
2008   The Fray - "You Found Me"                 7     35      1

Nice spread, both over time and by country.

very nice. I find that this is horrible for my wallet when a bunch of friends are over playing it because everyone goes insane with wanting to buy this song or that song. I wake up the next morning to an account with $30-40 missing in it

MadFuzzy

I'd hope that the fact that they've split the existing Queen songpacks in this update means that we'll get some of the other songs from the disc version of Singstar Queen next update (like Under Pressure) and that it shows that they might split other song packs in the future as well (especially where only one or two songs in a pack are worth buying).

Tntnnbltn

As you all probably know, I do my fair share of digging around with regards to SingStar... Well I've come across something interesting which I thought I should share.

Now first a disclaimer: These images were uploaded in November-December 2008. They may be the remnants of an old plan which was discontinued. There's a chance that stuff below will never eventuate into anything. Even if it doesn't, it's still interesting to see what they were intending to do. (Well, I find it interesting at least. I love learning what's going on internally over there).

I've rehosted all of the images at tinypic (last time I leaked the Britney Spears song pack cover it got taken down). I only included the English versions; separate images exist for every language selectable at the singstargame.com website.

vdz79x.png

xle1l3.png

2n86iw.png

6eqiae.png
5x7wgh.png
xnt4i1.png
2choxgh.png
30j447q.png

30aciua.png

Tntnnbltn

After managing to get my hands on all of those images, I had the bright idea of Googling for "SingStar Crystal Mics".

Turns out there was a hit.

Courtesy of the Spanish Official PlayStation Community...
¡Participa en SingStar® Crystal Mics y protagoniza un anuncio de televisión!

¡Llamando a todas las estrellas de SingStar! Es tu oportunidad de convertirte en superestrella como imagen de la próxima campaña de televisión de SingStar®. SingStar Crystal Mics de Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) es el primer concurso de talentos de SingStar y comienza el 24 de marzo de 2009. Invitamos a todas las estrellas de SingStar® de Europa a cargar los vídeos de sus mejores actuaciones en My SingStar Online a través de PlayStation®Network con el sistema PLAYSTATION®3 -PS3™- o en www.singstargame.com, donde la comunidad de SingStar votará a los 30 finalistas que llegarán a la gran final.

Prepárate para diez divertidas semanas cargadas de pasión, sudor, lágrimas y mucho talento en las que el público elegirá a sus favoritos para que pasen al enfrentamiento final. En junio de 2009 los 30 afortunados finalistas recibirán un pack exclusivo Crystal Mics que incluye un ejemplar de SingStar® y unos micrófonos SingStar inalámbricos con cristales engarzados. Cada finalista tendrá que llevar a cabo su actuación SingStar definitiva y enviársela a nuestro jurado, que decidirá quién es el campeón de SingStar Crystal Mics y la estrella de la próxima campaña de televisión de SingStar.

Que corra la voz: ¡la búsqueda de la superestrella de SingStar está a punto de comenzar! Con SingStar tu propio salón se convierte en el escenario, y tus amigos y familiares en el público. Independientemente de qué tipo de cantante seas, es hora de demostrar tu talento en SingStar Crystal Mics. El concurso comienza el 24 de marzo. ¿Por qué no te haces con un par de micrófonos SingStar inalámbricos y realizas la actuación de tu vida? Los micrófonos SingStar inalámbricos estarán disponibles a partir del 18 de marzo.

Si deseas obtener más información visita la página oficial de SingStar:

www.singstargame.com
You can check out a nice Google Translated version here.

So yeah, the competition (which I thought was dead) is actually real. And actually starting today, according to the Spanish press release. 30 finalists will be chosen based on community voting, each will receive exclusive crystal-embedded SingStar microphones. A judges panel will then select the top winner, who will feature in the next SingStar television campaign.

I would've felt so much happier if the Spanish press release had've been posted after I discovered those images. :(

agm2502

Sounds interesting, some good digging Tntnnbltn. Hopefully they'll do this in the UK, although I suspect it would be subject to people setting up multiple accounts to vote for themselves etc.

Edit: Found this on http://www.singstargame.com/en-gb/ right at the bottom next to terms and conditions, seems it has already finished or it was delayed until today and reduced to just Spanish entrants.

Crystal Mics T&Cs

Specific Rules - SingStar® Crystal Mics Competition

1.This Competition is open to residents of Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom aged 7 years or over.

2.To enter, you must submit a video recording of you performing a song from a PLAYSTATION®3 SingStar® title or from the SingStore. A list of the permitted songs is available at www.singstargame.com. Entries can be submitted either at www.singstargame.com or in-game to My SingStar Online. Your entry will only be uploaded to www.singstargame.com or to My SingStar Online and be eligible for entry to this Competition if: it complies with the SingStar Code of Conduct (available at the www.singstargame.com and My SingStar Online); and you have accepted these terms and conditions; and you are of a suitable age for the song performed (as determined by your stated age on your submission or PlayStation® Network registration and the age rating for the song).

3.Entrants aged 13 and under will only be eligible for the Competition if their parents consent to it and have confirmed their consent by ticking the parental consent box on the Competition entry page.

4.No purchase is necessary, although you will need a PLAYSTATION®3 console (“PS3”) and a copy of a PS3 SingStar title to be able to submit entries to My SingStar Online. Heats

5.The first part of this Competition comprises five fortnight-long heats which will open and close on the following dates:

Opening Date Closing Date
Heat 1 2 December 2008 15 December 2008
Heat 2 16 December 2008 29 December 2008
Heat 3 30 December 2008 12 January 2009
Heat 4 13 January 2009 26 January 2009
Heat 5 27 January 2009 10 February 2009

The closing date for all entries is 23:59 GMT on 10 February 2009

6.You may submit more than one entry, however no entrant may win more than one place in the Final.

7.Each entry submitted to the Competition via www.singstargame.com or in-game via My SingStar Online will be put to the vote by visitors to www.singstargame.com or members of the My Singstar Online community respectively.

8.For each heat, the three (3) entrants via www.singstargame.com whose entries receive the most number of votes by the relevant heat’s closing date will win a place in the Final.

9.For each heat, the three (3) entrants via MySingStar Online whose entries receive the highest ratings by the most number of people by the relevant heat’s closing date will win a place in the Final.

10.In the event that an entrant that has already been allocated a place in the Final achieves a top three place in a later heat, the entrant with the most votes outside the top three in that later heat will win a place in the Final.

11.If, in one heat, two or more entrants are tied on the same top three score and that tie means that more than three entrants are potentially eligible for a place in the Final, the tied entrants will face a “run-off” to determine which of them will take the Final place. In such run-off, visitors to www.singstargame.com and My SingStar Online will be asked to vote for the tied entrants in a head-to-head contest. The entrant whose entry receives the most votes in the “run-off” will be awarded a place in the Final.

12.Each of the 30 Finalists will receive:

* one copy of SingStar Abba for PlayStation®2 or PLAYSTATION®3 (as the Finalist may chose).
* one set of “crystal” SingStar microphones (two microphones per set);
* one SingStar T-Shirt; and
* a set of fancy dress costumes.

13.Finalists will be notified by e-mail within 2 days of the closing date of the respective heat and must claim their place in the Final within 14 days of the notification. If a Finalist fails to claim their place in the Final after this time, their place will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed place to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Competition rules.

14.The Finalists’ prizes shall be dispatched by first class post to the address specified by the entrant in their response to their notification from the Promoter. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavors to dispatch the prize within 14 days following the closing date for the last heat but does not accept any responsibility for prizes that are dispatched later than this.

15.The Promoter will publish the names and countries of residence of the Finalists on the Promoter’s websites and at My SingStar Online within 14 days of the closing date of the last heat The Final

16.The Final will begin on 11 February 2009 and close on 27 February 2009 (the “Final Closing Date”).

17.Each Finalist must make a video recording of a performance of a track from SingStar Abba to be notified to them by the Promoter before the Final begins and submit that performance to www.singstargame.com or My Singstar Online by the Final Closing Date.

18.The Finalist that is judged by a panel of independent judges to have given the best performance in the Final will be the Winner. The Winner’s prize is to be featured in broadcast and film advertisements, print advertising, print media and other promotional material for the forthcoming game “SingStar® Vol. 4”. The Winner may be required to complete any additional documentation to enable the Promoter to use the Winner’s likeness and name in the promotional materials described in this paragraph.

19.The Winner will be notified by e-mail within 14 days of the Final Closing Date and must claim their prize within 14 days of the notification. If the Winner fails to claim their place in the Final after this time, their prize will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed place to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Competition rules.

20.The Promoter will publish the Winner’s name and country of residence on the Promoter’s websites and at My SingStar Online within 45 days of the Final Closing Date in the case of the winner.

21.The Promoter’s General Rules apply to this Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules. In the event of any conflict between the terms of these Specific Rules and the General Rules, the terms of these Specific Rules shall take precedence. The Promoter is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London, W1F 7LP, United Kingdom

Tntnnbltn

agm2502 said:
Edit: Found this on http://www.singstargame.com/en-gb/ right at the bottom next to terms and conditions, seems it has already finished or it was delayed until today and reduced to just Spanish entrants.
Awesome.

I think that it is still being delayed. The Spanish announcement was probably a slip-up. (Insert speculation presented as fact:) Community managers for each of the various regions on the Official PlayStation Forums are forwarded press material such as this to put up after a specific time/date. When a delay comes along, they'd get another message saying not to post the release. Unfortunately, sometimes an announcement slips through when it wasn't meant to. The other regions didn't post the press release because of the latest delay; the Spanish community manager did.

Those T&C though definitely prove that the Crystal Mics competition was supposed to run earlier though, and has been undergoing a delay through till now.

Remy

12.Each of the 30 Finalists will receive:

* one copy of SingStar Abba for PlayStation®2 or PLAYSTATION®3 (as the Finalist may chose).
* one set of “crystal” SingStar microphones (two microphones per set);
* one SingStar T-Shirt; and
* a set of fancy dress costumes.

Best contest ever? I think so.

agm2502

SingStar Crystal Mics is officially open! Get uploading and voting.

Do you have what it takes to be in the next SingStar TV AD?

We’re looking for real star quality. And if your performance makes a real impression you will be the star of our next TV AD.
Voters will decide who makes it through the five heats to the grand final where they will be judged by a very special guest.

All you have to do is upload a video of you belting out your favourite hit selected from over 1,000 SingStar songs, and enter it into the SingStar Crystal Mics competition.

Each of the 30 Finalists will receive:

• one copy of SingStar Abba and SingStar Queen for PlayStation 2 or PLAYSTATION 3 and either SingStar Pop Hits for PlayStation 2 or SingStar Pop Edition for PlayStation 3 (as the Finalist may chose).

• one set of “crystal” SingStar microphones (two microphones per set); and

• a set of fancy dress costumes.

So go on, strut your stuff!

Head over to www.SingStarGame.com for more information and to take part.

MB

From the EU Playstation forum, looks like this competition has now officially started.

venne

Did they remove Scorpions "Rock you like a hurricane" from the US store?

Last time I was on the Singstore I tried to find it for purchase but couldn't locate it.

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 26th March 2009

Songs from this week's European update:
Aaron - "U Turn (Lili)"
Andreas Johnson - "Sing For Me"
Billy Joel - "Tell Her About It"
Blur - "Good Song"
Helena Paparizou - "My Number One"
Incubus - "Drive"
Modest Mouse - "Ocean Breathes Salty"
OutKast - "Roses"
Phyllis Nelson - "Move Closer"
Roy Orbison - "In Dreams"
Sherbet - "Howzat"
Trace Adkins - "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk"
Trace Adkins - "You're Gonna Miss This"
The Triffids - "Wide Open Road"​

Songs from previous European updates:
Good Charlotte - "I Just Wanna Live"
Gossip - "Listen Up!"
Westlife - "Uptown Girl"​

Song Pack - Billy Joel
Billy Joel - "Just The Way You Are"
Billy Joel - "Piano Man"
Billy Joel - "Tell Her About It"
Billy Joel - "Uptown Girl"
Billy Joel - "We Didn't Start The Fire"​

Songs that went MIA:
Deep Purple - "Smoke On The Water"
The Fray - "You Found Me"
Queen (x10)​

i downloaded all my songs to a ps3, but now that i moved to a new one i can't redownload the songs. i deleted them from my old ps3. how can i get them back?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
holy crap.. no deep purple or the fray? Queen I expected.. but without those two songs this update is really less than good for the US.

spwolf

°°ToMmY°° said:
i downloaded all my songs to a ps3, but now that i moved to a new one i can't redownload the songs. i deleted them from my old ps3. how can i get them back?

you have to call sony...

lupinko

As terrible and icky Madge's hijinx is nowadays, after installing patch 2.40 on my folks' PS3 and putting in Singstar 80s, classic Madonna is still awesome to this day. Oddly enough she isn't alone with this. *points to Present-day Jacko and King of Pop Michael*

Oh right, CLEAR MADGE'S SONGS FOR SINGSTORE LONDON STUDIO!!!!

And Time After Time, you guys put up Cyndi's songs, and yet you don't put up the one I want. ='(

EDIT: Tntnnbltn, for any Queen song preview, you can just use this. =)

Tntnnbltn

Anyone remember the last Warner song to come out on the store? A lot of the past couple updates has been Sony / EMI / Independants. Only thought of it because of the latest bunch of news coming from WMG. They're currently in a licensing stalemate with Rock Band; no new WMG tracks have been licensed for Rock Band since August 2008.

Edit: Turns out one of the tracks from the lastest update (Andreas Johnson - "Sing For Me") is from Warner Music Sweden AB.

Also, I noticed Sherbet - "Howzat" are under Liberation Music, an independent company that is distributed by Universal Music. I guess they managed to avoid the Universal Music problem re: SingStore licensing. Holds hope for Taylor Swift's "Love Story" (under independent label Big Machine Records; distributed by Universal Music Group).

lupinko said:
Tntnnbltn, for any Queen song preview, you can just use this. =)
I usually just use whatever turns up on Youtube first. You gotta be fast or someone beats you to posting them elsewhere. :-\

lupinko

Tntnnbltn said:
I usually just use whatever turns up on Youtube first. You gotta be fast or someone beats you to posting them elsewhere. :-\

Well, I was just trying to make it more simple for you since that channel has all the videos already. :lol

EDIT: Speaking of that one Yahoo article quoting Pachter, why the hell aren't there more Aerosmith songs on the Singstore when they are owned by Sony Music? Oh well, I'll never know, just like how no Sara Bareilles songs on the North American Singstore even though she is owned globally by Sony Music. :lol :lol

I am this >< close to going out and buying Singstar Queen just to be able to play those extra songs, even though I'd rebuy them when released so I can avoid using the disc...

lupinko

SiegfriedFM said:
I am this >< close to going out and buying Singstar Queen just to be able to play those extra songs, even though I'd rebuy them when released so I can avoid using the disc...

*I Want It All plays in the background*

Ashour

SolidSnakex said:

What the hell is wrong with them, these gold trophies are really annoying to get like

They Really Love Me

Have a media upload rated 4 stars by at least 1000 ratings

and some silver

All Eyes On You

Have a media upload viewed over 200 times in its first week online
Pillar Of The Community

Receive 200 visits to your Profile page

very not cool.

Tntnnbltn said:
Also, I noticed Sherbet - "Howzat" are under Liberation Music, an independent company that is distributed by Universal Music. I guess they managed to avoid the Universal Music problem re: SingStore licensing. Holds hope for Taylor Swift's "Love Story" (under independent label Big Machine Records; distributed by Universal Music Group).

I think that might have been an oversight by SCEE London and/or SCEA. I remember hearing once The Scorpions "Rock You Like a Hurricane" was removed from the U.S. SingStore, and the YouTube link given shows the song being apart of UMG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB8HudfbaTE

I think it was removed because it was UMG, but I might be wrong.

lupinko said:
EDIT: Speaking of that one Yahoo article quoting Pachter, why the hell aren't there more Aerosmith songs on the Singstore when they are owned by Sony Music? Oh well, I'll never know, just like how no Sara Bareilles songs on the North American Singstore even though she is owned globally by Sony Music. :lol :lol
I thought Aerosmith was UMG? While reading my Vol. 2 instruction booklet, it says "Under license from Universal Music Operations".

I'm pretty sure for the christmas day one, it is based on the system clock, so you'll be able to change it to achieve the trophy - much like the trophy for Flower.

MadFuzzy said:
I can imagine that people who have been actively involved in My Singstar Online and who have had videos with thousands of views, etc won't be happy if they have to do all that again to earn trophies.

I don't think anyone should be upset about that, really. Why not just do it again - we're not talking level grinding or button mashing, we're talking having fun singing. The SingStar catalog is huge, just keep on having fun and let the trophies stack up naturally.

I'm excited about the fact that the trophies should add a little spark to My SingStar - people have more of an incentive to get active in the community and share good videos.

MadFuzzy

Eurogamer has an interesting article on the past, present and future of Singstar.

Some stuff of note:

Voice recognition is coming in a patch for those who aren't buying Pop (AKA Vol.4) later this month.

There's going to be a Singstar Extras section on the Singstore which will offer new features for download, some of which may be free, some of which will be paid. There will be an announcement around E3 time.

It highlights just how much hard work the song licensing is (it can take up to 12 weeks to license a song and that's if everyone involved in the process actually agrees).

Eurogamer has seen some of the upcoming songpacks and they are "awesome" apparently.

Coen

Singstar Queen is awesome. Like the mics, but I suppose they're going to piss of highscore fans, because they cut out now and again. :(

Tntnnbltn

icechai said:
anyone know of the US release date for the wireless mics? can't seem to find it anywhere.
The US gets... releases?

(No confirmation on US launch of wireless microphones yet. It probably has to do with the installed base in PAL countries. they have enough wireless microphones from PS2 and PS3 versions, that they are no longer going to release microphone bundles. The separate SKU simply isn't worth it anymore. This of course opens the door for wireless microphones to be sold as a separate SKU, for those who haven't purchased SingStar before or simply wanting to upgrade. The US SingStar market is ~10% the size of Europe and is relatively new. It's possible SCEA don't think they are ready yet to sell microphones as a separate SKU as opposed to bundling.)

Tntnnbltn

Well, looks like no update for today. I'll be away for a week as of tomorrow and mightn't have internet access, but I'm sure someone else will post the release list for me. Here's hoping it's Queen and a good song pack.

game-boi

Does anyone know an online retailer that will ship Singstar Queen to the US? I've tried hitting up the usual suspects (amazon, ncsx, play-asia, etc.), but no one will ship to the states.

...little help?

If the patch coming this month to include voice selection will also include the trophy update. I could see them rolling together a bunch of changes into bigger patches vs. smaller ones, easier to manage them thru Sony QA.

I hope one of the SingStar EXTRAs is related to Remote Play on PSP. I'd like to see them expand their currently feature-slim support.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
game-boi said:
Does anyone know an online retailer that will ship Singstar Queen to the US? I've tried hitting up the usual suspects (amazon, ncsx, play-asia, etc.), but no one will ship to the states.

...little help?
No ebay?

gcubed

game-boi said:

...little help?

http://www.game.co.uk/

Thats where i usually get all my games that i cant wait for from.

To the person asking about the wireless mic's, i imported them from someone on ebay, the final cost after shipping came to about $50USD

Top Bottom