• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

Tntnnbltn

MadFuzzy said:
Version 3.01 (with trophies) is now apparently available for download (50mb).
Massive increase from the usual patch size.

Able to post the changelog from the patch's data file by any chance?

MadFuzzy

Tntnnbltn said:
Massive increase from the usual patch size.

Able to post the changelog from the patch's data file by any chance?

I'll download it when I get home a bit later on today but if someone else wants to get in there before me, be my guest.

Baha

Ok the patch is live in North America now. It's 45MB though. Actually there might be a 2nd portion which is 5MB since there's 2 parts.

Okay, the four Home related trophies give you four different shirts. Two for males (one fairly simple one for sharing media and one for getting 5 songs over 9000 on easy), and two for females (one related to shopping and one related to giving comments to others). Sony am sexist total?

Returners

SiegfriedFM said:
Okay, the four Home related trophies give you four different shirts. Two for males (one fairly simple one for sharing media and one for getting 5 songs over 9000 on easy), and two for females (one related to shopping and one related to giving comments to others). Sony am sexist total?

Oh cool, free Home stuff? :D

MadFuzzy

Changelog for 3.01 (which is now displayed before you download the patch):

Singstar Trophies
Access to Singstar Extras in Singstore and option to download voice control
New layout for MSO profiles
Improved mechanic for adding friends

New stuff I spotted that's not listed in the changelog:

You can now choose to auto sign-in to MSO.
New option to manage Extras (possibly so you can remove or disable voice control if you don't like it).
You can now add "favourite Singstore songs" to your MSO profile.

Voice control will be in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish only when it launches on Wednesday apparently.

The loading time is now longer after you patch it but I don't know yet if that's a on-off whilst it installs the trophies for the first time or not.

Dwayne

I'm guessing trophies won in Singstar Vol 1 won't be unlocked in Singstar Vol 2. I wonder how downloaded songs come in to play - will I be able to unlock trophies with those?

Returners

Dwayne said:
I'm guessing trophies won in Singstar Vol 1 won't be unlocked in Singstar Vol 2. I wonder how downloaded songs come in to play - will I be able to unlock trophies with those?

Errr... Trophies are across the board (Vol 1, Vol 2, ABBA). I don't think they have 3 different set of trophies for each of the games.

MadFuzzy

Two other bits from the changelog (which you can see via the XMB):

Migration to a new server platform
Russian is now selectable as a language

You can spot the former when you buy something via the Singstore - it now looks like the new PlayStation Store interface.

The rewards are automatically enabled in your wardrobe, although as usual they don't mark them as "new" or something so you might not immediately see them. Stupid Home.

EktorPR

SiegfriedFM said:
The rewards are automatically enabled in your wardrobe, although as usual they don't mark them as "new" or something so you might not immediately see them. Stupid Home.

I double checked to make sure and the tees are not in my wardrobe. :(

Mr Jared

Hey, so I checked with our folks and the Singstar Home reward items will be showing up in your inventories on Thursday, after our weekly update. Somewhere along the line someone missed a timing window, so you gotta hold out for 3 days.

MEANWHILE ... I don't even have the game and am still waiting for it to be shipped :( How difficult are the trophies, aside from the ones that require you to have insane amounts of views and votes on the online portion?

EktorPR

Mr Jared said:
Hey, so I checked with our folks and the Singstar Home reward items will be showing up in your inventories on Thursday, after our weekly update. Somewhere along the line someone missed a timing window, so you gotta hold out for 3 days.

MEANWHILE ... I don't even have the game and am still waiting for it to be shipped :( How difficult are the trophies, aside from the ones that require you to have insane amounts of views and votes on the online portion?

Thanks, Mr Jared. :D

Oh, and there are some difficult trophies...namely the "Score 9,000 pts. on 5 different songs in Medium/Hard" has been giving me a bit of trouble.

Mr Jared

EktorPR said:
Thanks, Mr Jared. :D

Oh, and there are some difficult trophies...namely the "Score 9,000 pts. on 5 different songs in Medium/Hard" has been giving me a bit of trouble.

No problem. I don't think I'm quite allowed to take screenshots for you guys, but I don't think you'll be disappointed. The shirt is very cute: white with bright blue, red and yellow overlapping chat bubbles. It's something I'd totally wear in real life, which is something you can't say about a lot of video game shirts ;)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Mr Jared said:
No problem. I don't think I'm quite allowed to take screenshots for you guys, but I don't think you'll be disappointed. The shirt is very cute: white with bright blue, red and yellow overlapping chat bubbles. It's something I'd totally wear in real life, which is something you can't say about a lot of video game shirts ;)

Are Home rewards just clothes? What happened to that PS3 + SingStar virtual set up Harrison showed a couple of E3 ago during the press conference?

Besides, what's the point of clothes anyway? Hi-poly models load so slowly in Home you don't even notice what people are wearing unless you wait by each one them for a minute or so.

EktorPR

Mr Jared said:

Only one shirt? What are the other 3 rewards?

vercity82

Dam i feel it feels harder my scores get lower and lower i feel embaressed now so if anybody on have a look for me comment me and i will do the same likewise PSN : RandellaUk

All these years I've only ever played Singstar for fun. Now the trophies are out, I've been trying to nail my scores.

Well even getting above 9000 on easy seems nearly impossible to me. I've only done it on one song, another 4 to go.

polg

johnjohnson said:
My Singstar Abba just updated. The Trophies apparently are not retro-activated. The new store homepage layout is nice.

I know :( after a year of Singstar (and many parties at my place) it is a bit of a bummer to have to start again... oh well, good excuse to get drunk and sing :p

glaurung

polg said:
I know :( after a year of Singstar (and many parties at my place) it is a bit of a bummer to have to start again... oh well, good excuse to get drunk and sing :p

Haha, so this is how SONY and SingStar are bringing down the Western civilization...

The update is awesome news though, cannot wait to get home on the weekend and try it out.

How does the voice command work?

Dwayne

Kazou said:
Custom soundtrack is now accessible via XMB, whereas before it was in the game option menu :eek:

I didn't even know it supported custom soundtracks, cool! Listening to the good, the bad, the queen now.

Hey, does anyone know why there's no feature that just lets you watch the music video? I'm guessing it's got something to do with the licensing, it seems like such an obvious and easy thing to do...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kazou said:
Custom soundtrack is now accessible via XMB, whereas before it was in the game option menu :eek:

I was wondering where the hell did it go! Thanks for the heads up.

Tntnnbltn

Dwayne said:
Hey, does anyone know why there's no feature that just lets you watch the music video? I'm guessing it's got something to do with the licensing, it seems like such an obvious and easy thing to do...
Practice mode with pitch bars off is closest possible.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
So, Singstar trophies! What a great way to start this week.

I've already achieved the Bronze and Silver Super Singer trophies, but I know that the Gold Super Singer trophy will be hard as nails to get.

Of course, it's easier to get scores over 9000 on some songs than others, and I'm currently searching for the ones that would give me the most chances to get this trophy.

So far, I've got:

- Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
- Queen - Who Wants to Live Forever

I'm able to get about 8500 on hard difficulty on these two, and I'm sure that I will able to improve on it sooner or later, but I'd like to have more suggestions from you guys. :)

Some tips:

- When you're going for the highest score, just forego the lyrics and sing the whole song as "na-na-na". This makes it easier for the hardware to read the correct pitch from your voice.

- Don't try to match the singer's pitch variation for the whole duration of the song. Most likely, you're not a singer, so you won't have the same range as a professional. Instead, try to identify your range. It will probably span about two octaves. During a song, you can switch between your two octaves at will, and the hardware will still register this as the same pitch. Use this to your advantage.

Also: please visit and comment my profile, add me as a friend, and watch and rate my videos, pathetic as they may be. I'll do the same for you. My PSN name is Myke_Greywolf. Thank you all! :)

Wollan

Custom soundtracks? Huh?

I don't understand. So you can listen to your xmb music inside SingStar while.. playing a music video?

Returners

Wollan said:
Custom soundtracks? Huh?

I don't understand. So you can listen to your xmb music inside SingStar while.. playing a music video?

in the menus. Which is actually IMO one of the better implementation of software implemented XMB music. The game can shut up the custom soundtrack when needed.

Tntnnbltn

Myke Greywolf said:
Of course, it's easier to get scores over 9000 on some songs than others, and I'm currently searching for the ones that would give me the most chances to get this trophy.
Best hackable songs I know of:
* Potbelleez - "Don't Hold Back" (Available online) For lines similar to the one heard at 0:32, the low note at the end is exactly an octave interval away from the previous note, so hold the previous note to get it spot on. My friend, who cannot sing and gets ~5000-6000 on easy, got 9,500 on the song on the first try. First time she ever got "SingStar". I got ~9,200 on hard off the top of my head.
* Pussycat Dolls - "Beep" (EU: SingStar Pop Hits PS2, Singstar PS3. US: SingStar PS3) You can get amazing scores by humming the male part. Check out the note charting to see why. As an offside, if that kid got >8,000 then anyone can. :p
* DJ Bobo - "Because Of You" (Available online) Haven't played it in a while, but pretty sure we got >9,000 scores on this fairly easily on the girl's part.

Custom soundtracks? Huh?

Tsk tsk, Wollan. The custom soundtrack feature was introduced in v2.20 (September 2008), and your only learning about it now? :p

Returners

Tntnnbltn said:
* Pussycat Dolls - "Beep" (EU: SingStar Pop Hits PS2, Singstar PS3. US: SingStar PS3) You can get amazing scores by humming the male part. Check out the note charting to see why. As an offside, if that kid got >8,000 then anyone can. :p

LOL, I saw a vid on my Singstar of 2 guys laughing all the way through it. Fricking hilarious.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Tntnnbltn said:
Best hackable songs I know of:

Thanks a lot, I'll look into those ones. :)

Meanwhile, people who would like to get the online trophies should really leave their names in this thread. Beautiful thing is, while I'm helping them get a trophy, I'm also helping myself to get another trophy. ;)

Baha

I feel pretty bad about using hackable songs in singstar....then I remember that I did the same for Rock Band 2 vocal trophies :lol
Anyways I managed to earn singstar bronze singing the following songs:

No Surprises - Radiohead (Singstar vol 1. PS3)
Street Spirit - Radiohead (dlc)
Crying - Roy Orbison (dlc)
Only the Lonely - Roy Orbison (dlc)
Today - The Smashing Pumpkins (Singstar vol 1. PS3)

I think I can get the bonus fills trophy on one of the Roy Orbison tracks, I usually mess up only 1-2 fills.

Top Bottom