• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

Tntnnbltn

wdreamer from SSWF released a YouTube video review of the latest patch. Which is probably only useful for me because everyone else has access to their PS3s and has downloaded it already... <_<

Important thing I spotted (which no one seems to have mentioned): There is a manage content which includes the ability to delete save data. High scores are stored in the XMB save file which also contains SingStore downloads. So previously, clearing one's high scores required deleting and redownloading all of your SingStore songs. This looks like it fixes that issue.

New store front looks odd, but I guess I'll get used to it. Makes sense having genres hidden away because most people either go straight for new songs or all songs. The huge amount of space dedicated to SingStar Extras is a little off-putting though. Wonder if they'll tone it back once it's no longer new.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I found a bug after the latest patch: after updating, the high score tables for some songs have had all the names in them erased, and only the scores remain.

New scores achieved on those songs are registered correctly with the corresponding names, though.

Anyone else experienced this?

Mr Jared said:
No problem. I don't think I'm quite allowed to take screenshots for you guys, but I don't think you'll be disappointed. The shirt is very cute: white with bright blue, red and yellow overlapping chat bubbles. It's something I'd totally wear in real life, which is something you can't say about a lot of video game shirts ;)

Here you guys go
Window Shopper trophy unlock
2ci8ryu.jpg

Returners

Lord Phol said:
How does this game fair on a 24" SDTV? :eek:
Still playable when ur somewhat drunk, like are the lyrics and stuff visible? :x

Its great, have you played the PS2 Singstars? The SD PS3 Singstar looks exactly like that.

vercity82

Myke Greywolf said:
Thanks a lot, I'll look into those ones. :)

Meanwhile, people who would like to get the online trophies should really leave their names in this thread. Beautiful thing is, while I'm helping them get a trophy, I'm also helping myself to get another trophy. ;)

Well i will start i will rate and view all peoples media and comment them 5* hope to help people help me get these trophies like 200 media views in a week!

PSN : RandellaUk

agm2502

the voice contrl patch is now available from the store. Had a play with it and it seems OK apart from i can't get it to select Leona Lewis with it.

agm2502 said:
the voice contrl patch is now available from the store. Had a play with it and it seems OK apart from i can't get it to select Leona Lewis with it.

Glad to see it's up early. I figured it'd be later this evening, when I'd be at work.

Time for some early AM SingStar, when my voice is at its worst.

EDIT: I'm sucking shit at using this thing. I can't get Alice Cooper, always goes to Duran Duran). Can't get Oops I Did It Again, always goes to Only The Lonely. Can't get LFO, goes to Kylie Minogue (I shouldn't complain, that's probably SingStar working for my own good). I'm speaking slow clear American English, so I dunno. Turning off the feature, for now...

Remy

"Potbelleez" - no problem.
"Gold" (while on Show Songs) - no problem.
"Britney Spears" - selects Rasmus instead.
"Britney Spears" - selects The Bees instead.
"Britney Spears" - selects Annie instead.
"Britney Spears" - selects Avril Lavigne instead.

But here's the dumbest thing: if you have your DualShock set to turn off after 10 minutes of no activity, the game will pause mid-song complaining that there isn't a controller plugged in.

What the fuck, SCEE?

agm2502

Caesars--------------------Jerk It Out
Gotthard--------------------Lift U Up
3T----------------------------I Need You
Apocalyptica----------------I Don't Care
Celine Dion-------------------A New Day Has Come
Donots-----------------------New Hope For The Dead
Empire Of The Sun----------Walking On A Dream
Jason Donovan---------------Too Many Broken Hearts
Kleerup feat Marit Bergman-----3:00 AM
Kraak & Smaak featuring Ben Westbeech---------Squeeze Me
Krezip-----------------------Out Of My Bed
Krezip-----------------Plug It In And Turn Me On
Metro Station-------------Shake it
Michael Bolton------------------How Am I Supposed To Live Without You
Milow------------------------Out Of My Hands
Minnie Riperton-------------Lovin' You
Natalie Imbruglia-------------Shiver
Cindy Lauper---------------True Colours
Will Young---------------------Changes
Franco Battiato----------------Centro Di Gravità
Andrés Calamaro---------------Flaca
Melendi-----------------------Novia A La Fuga
Los Rodríguez-------------------Sin Documentos
Guaraná---------------------Noche En Vela
Los Rodríguez-----------------Palabras Más, Palabras Menos
Britney Spears----------------(You Drive Me) Crazy
Britney Spears--------------------Stronger
Britney Spears------------------Born To Make You Happy
Britney Spears-----------------Oops! I Did It Again
Britney Spears--------------------I Love Rock n Roll

SongPacks:

Westlife:
Fool Again
If I let You Go
Queen Of My Heart
World of Our Own
Flying Without Wings

US5:
Mama
Maria
Just Because of You
In The Club
Rhythm of Life

EktorPR

I seem to be the only one complaining about the missing Home rewards, but seriously, where are they? They were supposed to be available after today's usual Home update.:/

agm2502

EktorPR said:
I seem to be the only one complaining about the missing Home rewards, but seriously, where are they? They were supposed to be available after today's usual Home update.:/

Not sure, i've got them but then i'm in the EU. Your best bet is to comment on an article on the Playstation blog if one about Home appears today.

Tntnnbltn

UK SingStore Update, 30th April 2009

English:
  • 3T - "I Need You"
  • Apocalyptica - "I Don't Care"
  • Britney Spears - "(You Drive Me) Crazy"
  • Britney Spears - "Born To Make You Happy"
  • Britney Spears - "I Love Rock n Roll"
  • Britney Spears - "Oops! I Did It Again"
  • Britney Spears - "Stronger"
  • Caesars - "Jerk It Out"
  • Celine Dion - "A New Day Has Come"
  • Cindy Lauper - "True Colours"
  • Donots - "New Hope For The Dead"
  • Empire Of The Sun - "Walking On A Dream"
  • Gotthard - "Lift U Up"
  • Jason Donovan - "Too Many Broken Hearts"
  • Kleerup feat Marit Bergman - "3:00 AM"
  • Kraak & Smaak featuring Ben Westbeech - "Squeeze Me"
  • Krezip - "Out Of My Bed"
  • Krezip - "Plug It In And Turn Me On"
  • Metro Station - "Shake It"
  • Michael Bolton - "How Am I Supposed To Live Without You"
  • Milow - "Out Of My Hands"
  • Minnie Riperton - "Lovin' You"
  • Natalie Imbruglia - "Shiver"
  • Will Young - "Changes"

Song pack - Westlife
  • Westlife - "Flying Without Wings"
  • Westlife - "Fool Again"
  • Westlife - "If I Let You Go"
  • Westlife - "Queen Of My Heart"
  • Westlife - "World of Our Own"

Song pack - US5
  • US5 - "In The Club"
  • US5 - "Just Because of You"
  • US5 - "Mama"
  • US5 - "Maria"
  • US5 - "Rhythm of Life"

Italian:
  • Franco Battiato - "Centro Di Gravità"

Spanish:
  • Andrés Calamaro - "Flaca"
  • Guaraná - "Noche En Vela"
  • Melendi - "Novia A La Fuga"
  • Los Rodríguez - "Palabras Más, Palabras Menos"
  • Los Rodríguez - "Sin Documentos"

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
excellent cyndi song, and at least I'd imagine THIS has a great chance of coming over here. Yeah the two I would die for are Time After Time and Drove All Night.. Really hoping for Eternal Flame to make it in a "previously on EU store" update.

Tntnnbltn

Peak chart positions (excluding the Britney Spears re-releases):

Code:
YEAR   SONG                                       US     UK     AUS
====================================================================
1975   Minnie Riperton - "Lovin' You"              1      2      -
1986   Cindy Lauper - "True Colours"               4     25      1
1989   Jason Donovan - "Too Many Broken Hearts"    -      1      7
1990   Michael Bolton - "How Am I Supposed..."     1      3      2
1996   3T - "I Need You"                           -      3     17
2002*  Caesars - "Jerk It Out"                    70      8      -
2002   Celine Dion - "A New Day Has Come"         22      7     19
2005   Natalie Imbruglia - "Shiver"                -      6     19
2008   Apocalyptica - "I Don't Care"              78      -      -
2008   Empire Of The Sun - "Walking On A Dream"    -     64     10
2008   Metro Station - "Shake It"                 10      6      2
2008   Will Young - "Changes"                      -     10      -

*2005 re-release

My picks: Metro Station (!!), Empire of the Sun (!!), Natalie Imbruglia.

Had to give Celine Dion a listen, but I'll give it a miss. Would by any of the following songs day one though: "Because You Love Me", "It's All Coming Back To Me Now", "My Heart Will Go On". The latter probably wouldn't show up though because it has scenes from the movie in the music video.

Kittonwy said:
Anyone going to buy Singstar Queen?
Indifferent2.gif
Yurop already bought it.
Indifferent2.gif

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Kittonwy said:
Anyone going to buy Singstar Queen?
Indifferent2.gif
when it FINALLY comes out in US? Hell yeah.

Tntnnbltn said:
Peak chart positions (excluding the Britney Spears re-releases):
I really appreciate these Tntnnbltn. It puts London Studio's choices into a better perspective for me at least instead of "GAHHHH WHY DON'T THEY RELEASE MORE AMERICAN MUSIC GAHHH@!I@IOP@!!!!" Not that there aren't still some WTF choices at times still. Also I like particularly giving an extra look at songs that charted in the top 10 and especially top 5 in other countries that didn't chart much at all in the US.

lupinko

Speaking of Singstar Queen, I'll just import it from Cdwow.au later today given all those coupons they send me.

Might as well, since I'll probably get this from Cdwow.au long before the 10 songs end up on the SingStore and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay long before SCEA decides to release SingStar Queen in North America (and boo to horrible bilingual text ruining the boxart). I'd take the SCEE PSN Circle over the SCEA crap most of the time.

Tntnnbltn

Toy Soldier said:
Shake It will be a fun one, too.
Shake, shake, shake shake-a-shake it.
Shake, shake, shake shake-a-shake it.

Always thought about SingStar when I heard it on the radio. I wonder if they programmed the song as a duet or not.

Returners

lupinko said:
Speaking of Singstar Queen, I'll just import it from Cdwow.au later today given all those coupons they send me.

Might as well, since I'll probably get this from Cdwow.au long before the 10 songs end up on the SingStore and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay long before SCEA decides to release SingStar Queen in North America (and boo to horrible bilingual text ruining the boxart). I'd take the SCEE PSN Circle over the SCEA crap most of the time.

I thought the SCEA formatted boxart's better. But I will probably get Vol. 3 along with the mics if they don't have a release date soon.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I've managed to get over 9000 points on hard difficulty in 2 songs already, and in the process I achieved the "Beat Bravo" gold trophy! :D

Of course, I cheated as a bastard to be able to do it.

I used a Casio organ to play the voice parts to the following songs:

- Supergrass - "Alright"
- Gorillaz - "19/2000" (Noodle's part)

I'd rather not use this method for any other songs (and I probably wouldn't be able to do it, as I'm no piano player), but it was so easy learning and playing these ones, that I could not resist. :p

Returners

Myke Greywolf said:
I've managed to get over 9000 points on hard difficulty in 2 songs already, and in the process I achieved the "Beat Bravo" gold trophy! :D

Of course, I cheated as a bastard to be able to do it.

I used a Casio organ to play the voice parts to the following songs:

- Supergrass - "Feel Alright"
- Gorillaz - "19/2000" (Noodle's part)

I'd rather not use this method for any other songs (and I probably wouldn't be able to do it, as I'm no piano player), but it was so easy learning and playing these ones, that I could not resist. :p

I'm impressed and angry at the same time. (I don't think I'll be able to get these trophies legit)

nny

Ah, the voice controls are pretty cool...shame it never understands "Divine Comedy", though.

by the way, my PSN handle is toofhairy, for those hunting for trophies.

Tntnnbltn

I had the ingenious idea to replace the "(Preview)" links with image links. Now people won't copy and paste the word "(Preview)" when they post what songs they're picking up. :)

Would there be any other links which people would find useful there?

Returners said:
I'm impressed and angry at the same time. (I don't think I'll be able to get these trophies legit)

:lol

Same here. Low 8000s is the best I've ever been able to pull on even my best songs in Hard mode.

But that's why I love the trophies: it's encouragement to keep working on it. A little more practice and hopefully it'll happen!

lupinko

Returners said:
I thought the SCEA formatted boxart's better. But I will probably get Vol. 3 along with the mics if they don't have a release date soon.

In most cases yes, but really I'm just talking about SCEA's Canadian bilingual formatting.

Which really isn't their fault, but still...

Francaise incluse my ass, especially the lackluster Montreal crowd at Queen Rocks Montreal. *shudders* then *shakes fist*

vercity82

Ive added and rated and commented as many people from here as i could from your User names if anybody wants to 5* me to help me just got viewed 100times on media didn't think would take so long.

Now to try to hit high notes i suck at singing but its so fun still specially when loading up ps2 singstar games

vercity82

when searching media press L2 and u can select media / profile then key in there name ie mine PSN ID - RandellaUk and it brings up in a grid click me and away you go :)

agm2502

Tntnnbltn said:
Is this going to be the next SingStar for PS2/PS3? Wouldn't be the first time a title was leaked by an online retailer...

Hmmm not really into Motown, saying that I don't really know that area of music very well. Wonder what the tracklist will be if it is indeed real.

Returners

Guys I have a question, so I finally was able to get on the Singstore today.

And I found that "The Scientist" by Coldplay was on there!
I don't remember reading about it in this thread of it being released in NA.

Are we achieving parity with Euro store? :D:D

Tntnnbltn

Returners said:
Guys I have a question, so I finally was able to get on the Singstore today.

And I found that "The Scientist" by Coldplay was on there!
I don't remember reading about it in this thread of it being released in NA.

Are we achieving parity with Euro store? :D:D
It was added March 12.

The US store has been catching up on some good songs, but they are still missing some newly released ones (The Fray, Sara Bareilles, The Bangles) so I wouldn't say they're achieving parity yet.

MadFuzzy

Tntnnbltn said:
Is this going to be the next SingStar for PS2/PS3? Wouldn't be the first time a title was leaked by an online retailer...

UMG must be happy with the sales of Abba to want to potentially license a Motown disc. It means we won't get the songs on the Store until hell freezes over though.

As for tracklisting, going by previous Motown songs that have been licensed we'll probably get the Jackson 5, Marvin Gaye, Edwin Starr and Diana Ross and the Supremes, but we might also see some songs by Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, The Four Tops and the Commodores as well.

Top Bottom