• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

Tntnnbltn

Woohoo, figured out how to add two simultaneous effects with the video editor. Add one effect, save it, then edit the saved file.

TTP said:
is it me or is the friends list (the SingStar one) fucked up? It doesn't show people I know have SingStar (like Wollan, kassatsu and Tntnnbltn) and it also doesn't find them when I search for their profile.
The team said in their maintanence message that search could be affected for up to 48 hours after patch release.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Tntnnbltn said:
The team said in their maintanence message that search could be affected for up to 48 hours after patch release.

Ah ok. But why is that you dont show up on my friends list? Go to my profile and check my friends. Do you see yourself there? I don't.

Tntnnbltn

There's already some great videos being uploaded in the main area. Make sure to check them out.

TTP said:
Ah ok. But why is that you dont show up on my friends list?
No idea. My suggestions ran out at maintenence.

EktorPR

Let's all watch/rate our videos now that we're going to be sharing a unified space.

Oh, and there's an option now to save the recording of the ENTIRE song. Now that's awesome! :D

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
So with the video editor, can you now upload any 30 second clip from a performance, or is that another feature?

Tntnnbltn

I only just noticed that the SingStore favourites icons on your profile are actually store links when other people view them. What happens when US users click one that's not available in their region? (I'm interested in what error/unavailable message they display)

So with the video editor, can you now upload any 30 second clip from a performance, or is that another feature?
When viewing the video there is an Edit button. Before you are allowed to edit, you must restrict the video to 30 seconds in length (starting from wherever you want). After you apply your effects you hit save and it creates a new video file in your gallery of that 30 seconds + the applied effects, which you can upload at will.

You can also save the entire full-length video performance to your HDD, but you can't upload it. You can edit it later though to create 30 second clips if you want.

netguy503

EktorPR said:
Let's all watch/rate our videos now that we're going to be sharing a unified space.

Oh, and there's an option now to save the recording of the ENTIRE song. Now that's awesome! :D

THIS! I still need the "XX number visits to your profile" trophy. If a club can help with that please by all means help me guys. :)

EktorPR

Tntnnbltn said:
I only just noticed that the SingStore favourites icons on your profile are actually store links when other people view them. What happens when US users click one that's not available in their region? (I'm interested in what error/unavailable message they display)

"This song is not available for your region." :-(

Bah! Tried updating the game both through Singstar Abba and Vol.3 and get download or install errors every time. (why does the stupid game need specific updates per disc when they all use the same library anyway?)

Tntnnbltn

Comments about Clubs:
  • Needs to be more accessible. Even using the shortcuts menu the fastest I can get to My Club is 4 pages deep.
  • Needs to display number of comments on the club homepage. Currently you have to click Comments to see how many there are (/if there are new ones)
  • Needs notification feature to alert you to new comments / new video uploads / new members

SiegfriedFM said:
Bah! Tried updating the game both through Singstar Abba and Vol.3 and get download or install errors every time. (why does the stupid game need specific updates per disc when they all use the same library anyway?)
Later released games feature a more updated engine on disc. For example, SingStar Pop Edition already came with voice control, whereas voice control has to be included in each patch for SingStar Vol 1-3.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Tntnnbltn said:
Comments about Clubs:
  • Needs to be more accessible. Even using the shortcuts menu the fastest I can get to My Club is 4 pages deep.
  • Needs to display number of comments on the club homepage. Currently you have to click Comments to see how many there are (/if there are new ones)
  • Needs notification feature to alert you to new comments / new video uploads / new members

Agree. A "My Club" shortcut should be in the main profile page.

Getting 80710736 errors (network timeout), is that a problem on my side or server side?

Oh, some random forum post helped. I set all network setting manually and got it working right away. The more you know...

kassatsu

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
The following song:
Lady Gaga feat Colby O'Donis Just Dance
is not available in your region.
Press [x] to continue.

Joined the club. Like the effect on your Moloko video Tntnnbltn, very psychedelic! Uploaded a vid of my own. Video editor is pretty good, you can add multiple effects within the same video for varying lengths of time. Somebody said something about an export to hard disk feature, I couldn't see it?!

netguy503

SiegfriedFM said:
Just tried out voice control for the first time and it works great, except for the few incompatible Swedish songs. Really surprised.

Glad you liked it but voice control wasn't the new feature added today.

Edit: Please view Netguy503's profile for the people who just joined the club. I will view yours if you leave me a comment asking me too. Thanks. :)

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
So after playing around with it, I'm not a fan of clubs. They limit you to only joining one club at a time, so if you want to see what's going on in another club, you have to leave the one you're currently in.

Also, it appears that videos shared to a club are not visible to the public. Unless they increase the number of videos you are able to upload, this feature limits viewership of your videos, instead of increasing it, which is what I thought the goal of the club was. The only reason I could see why you'd want to limit viewership of your videos is if you're going to post objectionable content that would get flagged if released to the general public. Otherwise, what's the point?

I do like the context sensitive menus, how I can now add a song to my cart without having to download the preview for it, or view a user's profile without downloading the video either.

Psykotik

venne said:
Sony is currently reauthorizing my songs for my slim (USA):

i tried doing exactly what you did but all i got was a bullshit automated response telling me to go look up a bunch of knowledge center articles which will not help me at all!

i just want to transfer the licenses from my 60GB to my slim.

should i try again and hope that somebody else replies?

Tntnnbltn

micromagic said:
Somebody said something about an export to hard disk feature, I couldn't see it?!
If I said that then I misspoke. You can only save (to the HDD) and access from within the program.

Edit: Holy shit, Micromagic. Your parties are insane. :lol :lol :lol

venne

Psykotik said:
i tried doing exactly what you did but all i got was a bullshit automated response telling me to go look up a bunch of knowledge center articles which will not help me at all!

i just want to transfer the licenses from my 60GB to my slim.

should i try again and hope that somebody else replies?

Hmmm.

I had no issues at all.

Here's what I emailed them:

Based on answer ID 1045, I need to provide the following information to get my singstar songs to my new PS3 Slim:

# Your First and Last Name = XXXXXXXXXXXX

# Your Phone number, including area code = XXXXXXXXXXXX

# Your PlayStation®Network Sign-in ID (email address) = XXXXXXXXXXXX

# Your PlayStation®Network Online ID = XXXXXXXXXXXX

# The issue you are experiencing with your SingStar downloads = need to get my purchases to my replacement PS3

Thanks!

Sony's response:

Thank you for writing us regarding this SingStar(R) question.

We have put in a request for your songs to be re-authorized for download. This sometimes take 5-10 business
days. Please log into your SingStar(R) game after this period of time and you should see these songs available
for you again.

Regards,
Don K
Customer 08/31/2009 09:18 AM

Psykotik

success! i emailed them again and got some other guy to respond.

this was what i wrote the second time:

I bought some Singstar DLC on my old 60GB PS3.

I now have a new PS3 slim and i would like to have the Singstar DLC re-authorized for download onto the new PS3.

My details as follows:

Name: xxxxxxxx
Phone: xxxxxxxx
PSN sign in: xxxxxxxx
PSN ID: xxxxxxxx

Please do not send an automated response linking to other knowledge center articles as it will not help. Just need to have the Singstar DLC re-authorized for download onto my new PS3.

re: http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi...aqid=1045&p_created=1212531255&p_sid=Oppf1mGj

i added that last bit about not sending me FAQ links :lol

response:

Thank you for writing us concerning Singstar.

Your account has been placed on the re-download list. Please allow 7-14 days for the re-download.

Regards,
Richard S

:D

Blablurn

got a question for you guys. i'm about to buy the new ps3 slim. and i want to use my old account as soon as i get it. i want to transfer my data with a backup. will i be able to re-download the songs (because it recognizes my account) or do i still have to phone sony? i bought over 30 songs and i don't want to kill them:(

Baha

Blablurn said:
got a question for you guys. i'm about to buy the new ps3 slim. and i want to use my old account as soon as i get it. i want to transfer my data with a backup. will i be able to re-download the songs (because it recognizes my account) or do i still have to phone sony? i bought over 30 songs and i don't want to kill them:(

You have to phone Sony, the songs are tied to your machine and not your account iirc.

Just got the game today. Man, I suck. :lol
Pretty fun, though. Gonna have some people over to play this later.

Any tips on the rap songs? I keep getting "okay" ratings even though I'm seemingly rapping along perfectly. How exactly is it scored, since it obviously isn't based on pitch?

Oh and I joined the club. :D

Tntnnbltn

Revolutionary said:
Any tips on the rap songs?
No tips. The rap scoring on SingStar just sucks. Has been since it was first released in 2004. I get annoyed when there are parts of songs which could be charted as either rap or singing, but they choose to go with rap.

Oh, and if you live in Euro-land, make sure to pick up the wireless mics. If not, make sure to be jealous that you don't have some.

Toki767

Tntnnbltn said:
Oh, and if you live in Euro-land, make sure to pick up the wireless mics. If not, make sure to be jealous that you don't have some.
If you're like some of us here in the US, you could always import them. They are definitely worth picking up. I have a feeling if they ever come out here, the price will end up being like $49.99 anyways, which is pretty much the price of importing.

gcubed

awesome i need to join when i get home, TTP is bloody_marcel ... ha, i never looked at your profile to put together who the hell bloody_marcel was

Tntnnbltn said:
No tips. The rap scoring on SingStar just sucks. Has been since it was first released in 2004. I get annoyed when there's parts of songs which be charted as either rap or singing, but they choose to go with rap.

Gah.

And I'm in New York, so no wireless mics for me... unless I can import them. Gotta see how much I can get for the wired mics first (bought both the regular edition and Vol. 2 with mics... they were on sale lol).

Also, I'm disappointed at the lack of Nirvana in the US version of Vol. 2 (and the SingStore, at that). I mean... what the fuck?!

Blablurn

gcubed said:
awesome i need to join when i get home, TTP is bloody_marcel ... ha, i never looked at your profile to put together who the hell bloody_marcel was

haha, this is why i deleted him some months ago. i just didn't know who he was :lol

Toki767

Revolutionary said:
Also, I'm disappointed at the lack of Nirvana in the US version of Vol. 2 (and the SingStore, at that). I mean... what the fuck?!
There are a few Nirvana songs across the PS2 discs. The European Singstore also has I think 1 or 2 Nirvana songs. Could always get a UK PSN card if you want some songs from there.

Psykotik said:
success! i emailed them again and got some other guy to respond.

Woo it worked. The first time I got a reply asking me to phone in. I then copied yours word for word and a new guy replied and said it should take 1-2 weeks until the songs are available for redownload.

I think it all just depends the person you get as I followed venne's post earlier.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
just a quick question about recording - is it possible without having the camera?

i have some friends over this weekend for a singstar night and it's known for a particularly horrific rendition of 'no air' - i want to record it for posterity :p

Blablurn

can someone confirm this? a user wrote this at the official (german) playstation board

*Go to the Singstar Options and activate the "delete all songs" button.
*After doing this there is a text which says you can re-download all the songs with the same username
*according to the user re-downloading on the slim shouldn't be a problem. (as long as you use the old username)

Ollie Pooch

Tntnnbltn said:
Well you could always just record the audio. Otherwise, try any standard USB webcamera.

within singstar? i couldn't figure out how to do it - i'm a bit useless :(

also just found out the 'turn back time ' video doesn't have the original video with sailors + ridiculous lycra suit. BOO!

Tntnnbltn

julls said:
within singstar? i couldn't figure out how to do it - i'm a bit useless :(
The game automatically records audio and (if you have a compatible usb camera) photos and video. You are able to view these from the Encore screen (after the scores are presented). When viewing the audio/video/photos you have to press a button (Triangle?) to save the playback to My Media Gallery. If you don't save the playback then it will be lost when you hit New Song.

Ollie Pooch

Tntnnbltn said:
The game automatically records audio and (if you have a compatible usb camera) photos and video. You are able to view these from the Encore screen (after the scores are presented). When viewing the audio/video/photos you have to press a button (Triangle?) to save the playback to My Media Gallery. If you don't save the playback then it will be lost when you hit New Song.

fantastic - thanks!

Tntnnbltn

UK SingStore Update, 17th September, 2009

English:
  • Aqua – "Cartoon Heroes"
  • Black Eyed Peas – "Shut Up"
  • Black Sabbath – "Paranoid"
  • Blondie – "Rapture"
  • Boyzone – "Love Me For A Reason"
  • Dusty Springfield – "Son Of A Preacher Man"
  • Eoghan Quigg – "28,000 Friends"
  • The Foundations – "Build Me Up Buttercup"
  • Friendly Fires – "Paris"
  • Girls Aloud – "The Show"
  • Gwen Stefani – "Cool"
  • Gluecifer – "Easy Living"
  • I’m From Barcelona – "We’re From Barcelona"
  • La Roux – "In For The Kill"
  • The Libertines – "Can’t Stand Me Now"
  • McFly – "Five Colours In Her Hair"
  • Nirvana – "Lithium"
  • Pixie Lott – "Mama Do"
  • Pixies – "Here Comes Your Man"
  • September – "Satellites"
  • The Sounds – "Painted by Numbers"
  • Spandau Ballet – "Through the Barricades"
  • Tears For Fears - "Mad World"

Dizzee Rascal song pack:
  • Dizzee Rascal – "Holiday
  • Dizzee Rascal – "Flex
  • Dizzee Rascal – "Fix Up, Look Sharp
  • Dizzee Rascal feat. Calvin Harris & Chrome – "Dance Wiv Me
  • Dizzee Rascal with Armand van Helden – "Bonkers"

German:
  • Axel Fischer – "Amsterdam"
  • Krümel – "Mädchen Mädchen"
  • Peter Wackel – "Manchmal Möchte Ich Schon Mit Dir"

Italian:
Lost song pack:
  • Lost - "Ascolta"
  • Lost - "Nel Silanzio"
  • Lost - "Oggi"
  • Lost - "Standby"
  • Lost - "Tra Pioggia E Nuvole"

Norwegian:
  • Prepple Houmb & Morten Abel – "Hodet Over Vannet"

Spanish
  • Sidonie – "Los Olvidados"

woodypop

Pixies and Tears For Fears look good to me. Hope they make the US update, though I doubt TFF will.

Any word on the European PSN Cards? I think they were announced to be available Sept. 18th. Hope that hasn't changed.

Top Bottom