• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

lupinko

Tntnnbltn said:
Foreign language tracks still to come.

UK SingStore Update, 17th September, 2009

English:
  • Dusty Springfield – "Son Of A Preacher Man"
  • Gwen Stefani – "Cool"

Slim pickings, and I'll join the gaf club.

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 17th September 2009

English:
  • Blondie – "Rapture"
  • Eoghan Quigg – "28,000 Friends"
  • Friendly Fires – "Paris"
  • I’m From Barcelona – "We’re From Barcelona"
  • The Libertines – "Can’t Stand Me Now"
  • Pixies – "Here Comes Your Man"
  • September – "Satellites"
  • The Sounds – "Painted by Numbers"
  • Spandau Ballet – "Through the Barricades"

Dizzee Rascal song pack:
  • Dizzee Rascal – "Flex"
  • Dizzee Rascal – "Fix Up, Look Sharp"
  • Dizzee Rascal – "Holiday"
  • Dizzee Rascal feat. Calvin Harris & Chrome – "Dance Wiv Me"
  • Dizzee Rascal with Armand van Helden – "Bonkers"

Foreign language:
Spanish
  • Sidonie – "Los Olvidados"

Remy

Tntnnbltn said:
US SingStore Update, 17th September 2009

Dizzee Rascal song pack:
  • Dizzee Rascal – "Flex
  • Dizzee Rascal – "Fix Up, Look Sharp
  • Dizzee Rascal – "Holiday
  • Dizzee Rascal feat. Calvin Harris & Chrome – "Dance Wiv Me
  • Dizzee Rascal with Armand van Helden – "Bonkers

Fuck yes! I'm buying this even though I already have Dance Wiv Me.

Tntnnbltn

My pick-ups:
  • [2000] Aqua - "Cartoon Heroes" (UK #7, AUS #16)
  • [2003] Black Eyed Peas - "Shut Up!" (UK #2, AUS #1)
  • [2009] La Roux - "In For The Kill" (UK #2, AUS #36)

Three very awesome tracks right there.

Wow, just found out from Wikipedia that "Shut Up!" was never released as a single in the US. That's crazy. It topped the charts everywhere else. Anyway, already own the song on SingStar Pop (PS2), but it's worth a repurchase. Only downside is I know they won't re-chart it to add support for harmony mode. :( Still, I hope we get some more tracks from them... would buy "Where Is The Love", "Pump It", "Let's Get It Started", or any of their new stuff (even "Boom Boom Pow" despite me being sick of it)

Aqua is awesome. Cheesy songs which are perfect for karaoke -- 'Nough said. When the UMG wishlist came out I wanted "Barbie Girl" and "Cartoon Heroes" the most, and that's what I got. Now I just need "Dr Jones" and maybe "Candyman" to finish it off. :D

La Roux is another track I've been wanting on SingStar. It's been getting decent airplay on one of the commercial radio stations here. I always play it around my housemate with the explicit intention of getting the tune stuck in her head. She does not approve of this. I always told her that if it comes out for SingStar I'm buying it day one and making her sing it. She said she would leave the room if I tried. :p

Toki767

It's weird that "Shut Up" was never released as a single here. I remember a few years ago I used to listen to it all the time after I heard it on the radio. Still though, Black Eyed Peas on the Singstore is quite nice. That might be all I'm getting this week though.

Tntnnbltn said:
UK SingStore Update, 17th September, 2009

English:
  • Spandau Ballet – "Through the Barricades"
  • Tears For Fears - "Mad World"

What can I say? I was waiting for Through the Barricades since the first song by Spandau Ballet released on a Singstar disc. What took you so long, Sony?

Mad World by Tears For Fears is awesome as well.

<3 this update

lupinko said:
Wait Mad World is the Gears Mad World?!?!?!?!

That is also an instant buy!! :D

Not exactly. The song coming to Singstore is the original version by Tears for Fears. The song featured in the GoW commercial was a 2002 cover version by Michael Andrews and Gary Jules.

I personally prefer the Tears for Fears version.

linsivvi

At least this week's US update got the Libertines' Can't Stand Me Now. That alone makes it better than the updates in the past month.

woodypop

johnjohnson said:
Not exactly. The song coming to Singstore is the original version by Tears for Fears. The song featured in the GoW commercial was a 2002 cover version by Michael Andrews and Gary Jules.

I have to give my nod to the original Tears for Fears version, too. But I like the Gary Jules cover as well.

Heck, I even like the Adam Lambert (American Idol) cover. =)

Will definitely buy once European PSN Cards become available.

lupinko

johnjohnson said:

But the original is still good isn't it? That's all that matters to me anyway since I prefer originals over covers like 90% of the time.

EDIT: I'm at work right now that's why I can't listen to the song itself to make my own decision.

teekun

Tntnnbltn said:
English:
  • The Sounds – "Painted by Numbers"
  • Tears For Fears - "Mad World"

Mad World is great and all, but The Sounds! I cannot wait for this. I just hope it's the start of a few more Sounds tracks showing up in the game.

lupinko said:
But the original is still good isn't it? That's all that matters to me anyway since I prefer originals over covers like 90% of the time.

EDIT: I'm at work right now that's why I can't listen to the song itself to make my own decision.

Don't worry, the original is good. As I said, I prefer it over the much slower ballad like cover version. The song still has it's melancholic depressing taste, but in a POP facade.

I have some questions with respect to older PS2 Singstar discs and their forward compatibility with the PS3. Someone mentioned that I can use the older titles on the PS3 (some of the discs I have claim you unlock bonus tracks when using it on a PS3). Is this correct, or only for some titles? Do the older songs integrate at all with Singstar PS3?

Toki767

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I have some questions with respect to older PS2 Singstar discs and their forward compatibility with the PS3. Someone mentioned that I can use the older titles on the PS3 (some of the discs I have claim you unlock bonus tracks when using it on a PS3). Is this correct, or only for some titles? Do the older songs integrate at all with Singstar PS3?

From the song selection menu of any PS3 game, you can simply press Select in order to swap out the current PS3 disc with a PS2 disc. Your PS3 does not need to be backwards compatible for this. It will not, however, unlock bonus tracks. I believe every disc works except Singstar Bollywood. You must still use the correct region PS2 games though. You cannot use European PS2 games on a US PS3 and vice versa. Hope this helps.

teekun

Toki767 said:
From the song selection menu of any PS3 game, you can simply press Select in order to swap out the current PS3 disc with a PS2 disc. Your PS3 does not need to be backwards compatible for this. It will not, however, unlock bonus tracks. I believe every disc works except Singstar Bollywood. You must still use the correct region PS2 games though. You cannot use European PS2 games on a US PS3 and vice versa. Hope this helps.

Additionally, you cannot mismatch regions of games either, from what I remember. So a US PS3 running the EU Singstar cannot import US PS2 Singstar discs.

lupinko

teekun said:
Additionally, you cannot mismatch regions of games either, from what I remember. So a US PS3 running the EU Singstar cannot import US PS2 Singstar discs.

I'm pretty sure you can, I might have done this with my PAL Vol. 3 with my NTSC Singstar 80s on my NTSCU/C 80GB PS3 awhile back.

Your PS2 Singstar game just has to match the PS3 sku region, the PS3 Singstar used is not of any importance.

Tntnnbltn

teekun said:
lupinko said:
Your PS2 Singstar game just has to match the PS3 sku region, the PS3 Singstar used is not of any importance.
Former used to be correct. Subsequent patch changed it to the latter.

I would do if I had the possibility. There are lots of songs I still sing every now and then never released in the SingStore. The full SingStar Schlager disk to name some.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Didn't notice the Libertines added to US store! Wheee!

As soon as those UK PSN cards come out though, I'm not going to worry about it.

Tntnnbltn

This week's update is live.
(Black Eyed Peas for AU$0.01? Don't mind if I do!)

Ended up buying more than I expected. :lol Notable new inclusion was Pixie Lott - "Mama Do". I watched it on YouTube to see if it was any good and it got stuck in my head the following day.

Tntnnbltn

2q2lbba.jpg

Make of this what you will?

Tntnnbltn

Toki767 said:
What? That is practically a steal right there. Some people are just so lucky.
Has happened before in the past. One of the Queen songs was available for 1 cent for ~an hour in Australia/New Zealand before it was rectified.

Toki767

I should probably make an AU account along with my US and UK account, but I'm sure I'd be too slow to catch those mistakes anyways.

On a side note, the Black Eyed Peas make rapping seem so easy when they do it.:D Only barely scored 4000 doing the Peas part. Maybe I should stick to Fergie.:lol

Tntnnbltn

For anyone interested in Aqua - "Cartoon Heroes":
The song is not charted as a "duet", despite having two singers and being... well... very duet-able. This means when you go Battle/Solo, players have to sing lines from both singers (c.f. programmed duets where you only sing half of the lines regardless). However, if you go into duet gaming mode, they made it so that the Blue mic happens to get all of Lene's lines and the Red mic happens to get all of Claus'. :D

Kind of the best of both worlds really, especially for those who'd like the option of singing the entire song as opposed to half.

Also, one of the lyrics is "who're". I saw it out of the corner of my eye while singing and mis-read it. Almost screwed up a line cause of it. :p

Toki767 said:
On a side note, the SingStar scoring makes rapping seem so difficult. :D Only barely scored 4000 doing the Peas part. Maybe I should stick to Fergie.:lol
Fixed.

Tntnnbltn

lupinko said:
Also Warner finally is coming back?
Your guess is as good as mine.

Gut says: Probably no. Even if Warner Music Sweden is on board, doesn't mean Warner Music UK is. The UMG UK-vs-US thing has shown that deals with one region don't necessarily equate for others. Every major WMG track released in 2008 says "Licensed by Warner Music UK" in the song credits.

Heart says: Paramore, 3OH!3, Cobra Starship, Gyroscope, The Corrs, Shinedown, Biffy Clyro, Jet, Evermore, The Veronicas, Panic At The Disco (still waiting on one more single from them), Simple Plan, The Wombats. In that order.

lupinko

My pick ups for this week:

* Black Eyed Peas – "Shut Up"
* Dusty Springfield – "Son Of A Preacher Man"
* Gwen Stefani – "Cool"
* Tears For Fears - "Mad World"

BEP for $0.01 AUD is fine by me!!! :D

kassatsu

Banned
August Chart
1. Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
2. Just Dance – Lady Gaga feat Colby O’Donis