• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sir, You're Being Hunted - procedurally generated survival STALKER shooter is on KS

Waiting for my steam key to show up on the Humble store. It's only 170 MB though, so I might just download the DRM free version while I wait.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Just bought it, though for some reason its not in my library or am able to initialize the game. Store says I own it. Email confirms I bought it. Hmmm wonder if its not updated 100% correctly in my part of the world?

Moobabe

Just bought it, though for some reason its not in my library or am able to initialize the game. Store says I own it. Email confirms I bought it. Hmmm wonder if its not updated 100% correctly in my part of the world?

Had the same error - having to go through Steam support

Parakeetman

http://www.big-robot.com/forum/showthread.php?438-Can-t-Download-through-steam

Seems like folks posted at the official forums too. Will do up a ticket to Steam support. A poster in the official thread was saying like the humble bundle stuff was having issues too.

*Edit

Official Reply from Dev on the issues.

-------------------

"Hey everyone,

First, thanks for your patience, obviously launching through multiple delivery systems and then managing the fallout with a team of three people is challenging so sorry if the replies come slowly.

Rumor Control:

Steam Keys for Humble purchasers are not available yet. We had to wait for it to be live on steam before we could order the keys to distribute to the humble chaps. That's now been done and they will be delivered asap.

Unable to play through Steam. We're looking into this. Locally, Steam has delivered the game to us and is playable so from our end it all seems to be working. Obviously this isn't the case for some of you and that's not good. We'll let you know the score as soon as we do. Confirmations from people who HAVE PURCHASED THROUGH STEAM AND ARE PLAYING would be appreciated.

Thanks again."

-------------------

http://www.big-robot.com/forum/showthread.php?440-Rumor-Control

Burt

Works fine through the Humble download.

I've only snuck in about 20-30 minutes so far, but it's fun. Resource scarcity is a major thing here, at least in the beginning, and it leads to some good tension. Robots (and robo-dogs in particular) can really fuck your day up if you don't see them coming. I actually jumped once when I came out an alley facing the wrong way while pilfering a little village because the robot I was avoiding was exactly where I didn't expect him to be and lit up the back of my skull. I was going to complain about a lack of leaning, but after that I totally got it.

Obviously, there are things that need work. Robots have a pretty short vision range, so you can walk dead ahead of them at ~50 yards out without being spotted and it seems that they give up on chasing you pretty easily. I'm hesitant to say much else with my limited impressions, so I'll post again after I get some real time with it.

V_Ben

Banned
Definitely enjoying my time with the Alpha. Hoping for optimisations in future updates, but it's more likely that my Macbook Air just can't run anything worth a damn, heh.

Just got Might & Magic Legacy. Anybody tried it yet? I'll post my impressions later..

edit: might and magic VI and VII were the last ones i played, and im hoping this will be as good!

Parakeetman

Oh shit, i'm sorry. Thought i was in the Steam thread somehow.

No problem, Ive done that before myself lol

---

This game is just as amusing watching someone playing haha. Interesting too hearing them talking about earlier versions and what changes have taken place.

Parakeetman

That's a bit of a cock up, once Valve has their shit together, I'll pick it up.

Yeah am quite surprised by this, since I would have imagined everything was automated.

If the situation changes while am still awake will do another update post.

Parakeetman

Guys looks like Steam is good to go.

Downloading on this end. All those else on standby try it now.

LackingSaint

Neo Member
Woah, there's a release out of this thing? I heard about it like a year ago when I was deep in a STALKER hole and it looked great. Good to see it apparently came together!

Dakota47

Dakota47, your screenshots on the last page are marvellous. Thank you.

Oh you.

Haven't played in two weeks and I'm gonna try out the newest build tonight, so I'll make a couple more.

Edit- seeing this thread finally buzzing with activity makes me all giddy.

epmode

So I'm using the 64 bit build and I noticed that Direct3D Overrider isn't doing anything, and I think it's because it doesn't support 64 bit applications. Is there any way to get vsync+triple buffering in the 64 bit build or am I stuck with the 32?

Of course, it would all be moot if I could pull 60 FPS at my native resolution and max details but it's not working out that way! Not sure if it's a lack of optimization or the game just requires decent hardware.

edit: It would also be nice to be able to bind stuff to mouse buttons.

edit edit: I'll just stick with the 32 bit build. Performance is a lot better with D3D Overrider and it definitely outweighs the longer world generation times.

Moobabe

Thank you for the update, I shall now proceed to give Jim some money.

I may as well have paypaled Jim money directly as soon as he announced this.

It's so much fun. I used my ONLY two bullets so far shooting some dude out of a hot air balloon though. Now I've found a ship part with two dudes protecting it but now ammo.

I raided a robot camp but man, they collect some weird shit. Robots are obsessed with mints...

The game is a lot of fun and I love its atmosphere. I can't seem to find anything to throw and distract the robots with. I've been getting their attention from a distance, get them to come to me, hide, and make my way to the piece I need.

epmode

Is there any downside to sprinting everywhere aside from the extra noise it makes? In other words, would I lose more vitality if I sprint from point A to point B or if I just walked there?
The game is a lot of fun and I love its atmosphere. I can't seem to find anything to throw and distract the robots with. I've been getting their attention from a distance, get them to come to me, hide, and make my way to the piece I need.

I've found throwable bottles and rocks in houses.

Dakota47

Some new screens.

9KQJgkMh.jpg

4SP3xE6h.jpg

jf7nKfbh.jpg

9ahTLdrh.jpg

CyjgLDyh.jpg

Top Bottom