• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Six women accuse Brett Rather of sexual misconduct

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm really curious what the response from Warner Bros and his production company RatPac will be. I'm gonna guess that Jared Leto Hugh Hefner/Playboy movie just went *poof*

People keep saying things like everybody knew, but only after the fact. That's interesting to me since it seems like there should be a widely known list of people by this point if that's the case? Who else does everybody already know about?

People keep saying things like everybody knew, but only after the fact. That's interesting to me since it seems like there should be a widely known list of people by this point if that's the case? Who else does everybody already know about?

There are plenty of stories out there about celebs. Google is your friend.

So zero names as I expected. Sorry (not sorry) but it annoys me when people are imo clearly full of shit.

Edit: I'm mad that this is just rampant but names are coming out once every few days. Is it everyone? George Clooney? Russell Crowe? Spielberg? Is Tom Hanks in the clear at least?

FStubbs

The films made by these molesters should stop being distributed and streamed.

No more films then.

Unfortunately, it's just getting started. If you only knew how widespread this shit is.

Given how comfortable Bill Cosby was with what he did, I imagine the casting couch and other "perks" were widespread. Once you got to a certain level of stardom or power, whatever you wanted to stick your phallus into was accessible, legal, moral, or otherwise.

Kadayi

Banned
I think it's good that it's coming to the fore, but at the same time, it's pretty clear that a hell of a lot of people clearly turned a blind eye and said absolutely nothing up to now, despite many being in a position to do so.

norinrad

The list could be long. It's great that people are coming out, must be hell dealing with powerful people and their friends who protect them.

Nategc20

Banned
If you mad at this guy you mad at this site..
Brian singer and Don Schneider is next. Literally everything is coming out now do to social media and new laws.

Ombra

If you mad at this guy you mad at this site..
Brian singer and Don Schneider is next. Literally everything is coming out now do to social media and new laws.
Thats barely a coherent sentence. If yoi're still here why not stop derrailing threads with this whataboutism shit.

T.v

I think it's good that it's coming to the fore, but at the same time, it's pretty clear that a hell of a lot of people clearly turned a blind eye and said absolutely nothing up to now, despite many being in a position to do so.

Yeah, the amount of people who have turned a blind eye is increasing with every such case. Reminds me of Elijah Wood, who last year claimed he knew of some big hollywood pedophile ring and still refused to name anyone. His opinion of him has been incredibly low since, even though I enjoy his work.

gossi

Yeah, the amount of people who have turned a blind eye is increasing with every such case. Reminds me of Elijah Wood, who last year claimed he knew of some big hollywood pedophile ring and still refused to name anyone. His opinion of him has been incredibly low since, even though I enjoy his work.

In fairness, you can’t say every rumour you hear in the media. You will get sued to shit, and some of them won’t be true.

In light of all the recent sexual harassment cases amongst celebrities, and the backlash that has properly put this despicable behavior in a public light, I am totally flabbergasted at the fact that Donald Trump was elected president.

until people can get the strength and common sense to just say no

and assholes stop taking advantage of people

requires both
but fame and money seems to be an easy hook for some to get latched on to

Oh come on! Interesting you put that first. There is a power dynamic in play, and much of the stuff coming out wasn't under duress. Not consential.

FStubbs

In light of all the recent sexual harassment cases amongst celebrities, and the backlash that has properly put this despicable behavior in a public light, I am totally flabbergasted at the fact that Donald Trump was elected president.

It's okay when bigots and conservatives do it.

The films made by these molesters should stop being distributed and streamed.
Not sure if serious, but that would be a disservice to the hundreds of individuals who worked on these films who presumably have not engaged in sexual misconduct, and any fans for whom these films have any personal meaning or entertainment value.

Not sure if serious, but that would be a disservice to the hundreds of individuals who worked on these films who presumably have not engaged in sexual misconduct, and any fans for whom these films have any personal meaning or entertainment value.

Yeah it's the whole 'separate the art and the artist' stuff

llien

so the victims gotta step up here?

Weinstein was ended with victim stepping up, not with a bunch of angry people posting on some forum how angry they are.
I do think reporting such cases to police or at least media is the shortest and the most effective solution and it has nothing to do with blaming victims.

Top Bottom