• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Six Years Ago "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" Was Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughesta

Banned
I don't even get the appeal of Yeezus. Even Kanye said it was a rebellion against music. It sounds like garbage. But to each his own.
because it sounds dope. Hold My LIquor is gorgeous, I'm In It is hype as hell, Guilt Trip is just fantastic all around.

and those are the most under-rated tracks. You'll see plenty of other people pointing out the good in Black Skinhead/New Slaves/BOTL.

hood phenomenon, the LeBron of rhyme
hard to humble when you're stuntin on a jumbotron
I'm lookin at her like, "this what you really wanted huh?"
why we argue anyway? oh i forgot it's summertime

🤓

ryseing

I had a long drive today and listened to the album as a whole for the first time in years.

Still fucking incredible. Nicki's intro is god-tier. Lost in the Woods is one hell of a closer.

ItIsOkBro

Hell of a Life is my fav track on this fabulous album. Standout track Ye just delivers three raw verses with no guests, not even on the chorus.

Bread

Banned
Jay Z on So Appalled: one of the best verses on the album
Jay Z on Monster: one of the worst verses of all time

67b.jpg

Wtf is this nonsense.

Pusha T said:
I'm writing a verse, and I come back to the table, and it's something that I'm feeling, and he's like, 'Naw, but I need more douche bag.' And I'm like, 'All right, man, c'mon.' So I go back, and he's like, 'Naw, more douche bag!' He's screaming at me 'more douche bag' at this point. I just really had to, like, take myself out of it a little bit and then put ... the perspective of the guy ... who thinks he can fix it, but he's not being preventative.

It starts from a conversation. We're talking, and he's like, 'I like your perspective on that. Put a verse to that.' What he didn't know was [that] I was going through my own relationship turmoil at the time. I was being a douche bag.

I've never worked with anybody like him. He just pushes you and pushes you and pushes you. With 'Runaway,' I think I wrote that four times.

It started from a three-day trip to Hawaii. It was supposed to be a three-day trip, [and] it ended up being a month, just collaborating on his album. The 'Runaway' song was done, a couple of the G.O.O.D. Friday joints were done. 'So Appalled' was done. It was just a vibe thing. We got in there, and we just started vibing.

the real best guest verse on the album

This thread almost got me believing that I'm in the minority for loving all three of Ye's solo records. I actually put the trifecta of MBDTF, Yeezus, and TLOP on top of the rest of his discography, and I'm a fan of all of them.

This thread almost got me believing that I'm in the minority for loving all three of Ye's solo records. I actually put the trifecta of MBDTF, Yeezus, and TLOP on top of the rest of his discography, and I'm a fan of all of them.
I group 808s with MBDTF and Yeezus.
Tlop is the start of another trilogy (potentially).

PixelatedBookake

Jay Z on So Appalled: one of the best verses on the album
Jay Z on Monster: one of the worst verses of all time

Jay's verse on So Appalled might has to be my favorite verse on the album. Swizz Beats' verse is also a great ass verse. Yeah this track is the best on the album bar none. Everyone involved gave their a-game.

SKINNER!

Banned
Nicki Minaj's verse on Monster is incredible.

200.gif

As a person who dislikes her music, her verse on Monster was fucking incredible and by far the best one (IMO) on Monster.

Also, how can you post this thread without posting the original MBDTF Neogaf thread?

OT1: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409396

OT2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412834

or even the the Neogaf Posse Cut of "So Appalled"?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415083

Anyway, this is my favourite Kanye album. The hype build up was unreal and listening to it for the first time in it's entirety was just bliss. It delivered on the hype and much more. Great album from start to finish. Need to own it on vinyl someday.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Best Ye album, no doubt.

So many people hate on him so much for how he acts and there are quite a few who will never be able to comprehend the artistry he's crafted over the years. Regardless of how much I love all of his albums MBDTF easily comes at the top for me as well. I consider it one of the greatest produced albums of all time for myself.... and that's in any genre

M.J. Doja

Banned
I like the idea of grouping Kanye's albums together by era, and that complex article was super interesting.

First 3 albums are time-capsuled for me. Classic but dated and lots of skipped songs.

808's, MBDTF and Yeezus are modern classics for me. The closest to that start-to-finish listening experience. TLOP has also been on rotation all year, minus about half the album. The beauty of streaming, I guess, is not having to listen to part of the album you don't care about.

808s = Yeezus > MBDTF = TLOP > First 3 Albums. (Watch The Throne was a good soundtrack for the year it came out too)

Personally think this is his Magnum Opus. I remember when I watched the movie and realized that he has undeniable talent even if he acts like an asshole. I wish he would return and produce more stuff like this.

Listening to the album again now

Fucking hell Jay that verse on Monster good lord it's so shit

Everybody want to know what my Achilles heel is
LOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEE, I don't get enough of it

smh Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom