• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Crowdsourcing - Completed, $829,829 raised, 4+1 characters funded

For just $825,000 fu**ing dollars.. YOU can have this ugly ass piece of sh** character..
jbl6mHbCILCcOK.jpg
=
iDsPXjbs5R5n7.gif

Squiggly's so cuteeeeee

wildfire

Banned
I feel robbed right now. I decided to translate what was said in the Japanese letter.

They are getting Lobo Fortune and anime story modes. Can I get the Japanese version? :p

I think it was just a poorly executed joke. I chuckled
and then checked his post history to confirm that he's not serious.

"ugly ass piece of shit character" goes a bit too far I think.
:p

It was just an exaggeration of my observation behind this funding. I really haven't been keeping up to date of what is going on. All I know is people are going bananas over this character that I do think looks pretty silly compared to some of the others. Why isn't there a funding for that Piranha vagina chick?

I think it was just a poorly executed joke. I chuckled
and then checked his post history to confirm that he's not serious.

"ugly ass piece of shit character" goes a bit too far I think.
:p

Maybe, but that post messed up my bingo chart. I had a good thing going with a diagonal row of how people would react to the end of the fundraiser, and now that's ruined!

Are there any pre-made sticks that only have 6 buttons and are simplistic? I don't understand why they all have 8 buttons and have all this crap. Even if I'm finding this one beautiful as fuck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u-YJTZia4zY

I'm spending too much money only to play this game(I regret nothing)

I've got a Hori EX2 360 stick. Cost me about £25 (admittedly it was on special offer during GAME's administration), has six main buttons (LT, RT Start & Select are small buttons on the top), and it works, albeit unspectacularly.

That said, that stick you've linked is pretty. I love me some electronics in transparent/translucent cases.

Thores

It was just an exaggeration of my observation behind this funding. I really haven't been keeping up to date of what is going on. All I know is people are going bananas over this character that I do think looks pretty silly compared to some of the others. Why isn't there a funding for that Piranha vagina chick?

Squigly is far from the only thing we got out of this campaign.

Here: http://www.labzerogames.com/3rdcharacter/

At the 600k level, we unlocked the ability to vote for any one of these characters to be the 3rd DLC addition to the roster. At 825k we got the opportunity to do this with an additional character.

We also unlocked story modes for all five characters we funded, seven stages (all with new tracks by Michiru Yamane, the composer of all the best Castlevania games), and a bunch of bonus voice packs.

There was a lot to go bananas over!

Squigly is far from the only thing we got out of this campaign.

Here: http://www.labzerogames.com/3rdcharacter/

At the 600k level, we unlocked the ability to vote for any one of these characters to be the 3rd DLC addition to the roster. At 825k we got the opportunity to do this with an additional character.

We also unlocked story modes for all five characters we funded, seven stages (all with new tracks by Michiru Yamane, the composer of all the best Castlevania games), and a bunch of bonus voice packs.

There was a lot to go bananas over!

Thank you for this! I was interested in what ALL of the hype was about, but didn't want to check through every post for it. Was much easier making silly gifs about my ignorance.. That is pretty cool news. I Just hope no one funds these two! Please no!
jde2qWB9Gbm27.jpg
jGvieUeX6P9So.jpg

Thores

Thank you for this! I was interested in what ALL of the hype was about, but didn't want to check through every post for it. Was much easier making silly gifs about my ignorance.. That is pretty cool news. I Just hope no one funds these two! Please no!
jde2qWB9Gbm27.jpg
jGvieUeX6P9So.jpg

Illieum likely won't even break into the top 16 but Marie is one of the top contenders. She's really popular in Japan.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Have the stream running in the background playing Monster Hunter. Did I just hear Christina Vee give a string of Muda's? Dio would be proud. #Jojo

SupaNaab

I know the answer, but this is for fighting games, I don't need those buttons at all.

You will want those extra buttons for fighting games.

I play Crimson Viper in SFIV. Having PPP and KKK on a button was extremely helpful as I learned to play the game. Initially it was an assured way to land an ultra. Then Viper in particular required the player to perform thunderknuckle feints. As a beginner, the easiest way to feint for me was to plink HP and PPP (I was too slow initially to do HP and feint with LP MP reliably). It was a necessary skill to play, I eventually learned to do it properly but I was happy to have the shortcut.

Also there is a bug in Street Fighter IV where the back button (or select) can be plinked with LP or LK. Infiltration is probably the best SFIV player in the world at the moment and one of the only players who rewired his controller so that he could use the extra buttons. So, 4 buttons is really helpful. I also think that Mortal Kombat made use of the extra buttons but I can't recall. If you don't want the extra buttons just remove them and get stick art to cover the holes.

MIKE just said that there are no wasted votes, if you want Umbrella/Marie then vote for them now, they might not get a chance later on!

You will want those extra buttons for fighting games.

I play Crimson Viper in SFIV. Having PPP and KKK on a button was extremely helpful as I learned to play the game. Initially it was an assured way to land an ultra. Then Viper in particular required the player to perform thunderknuckle feints. As a beginner, the easiest way to feint for me was to plink HP and PPP (I was too slow initially to do HP and feint with LP MP reliably). It was a necessary skill to play, I eventually learned to do it properly but I was happy to have the shortcut.

Also there is a bug in Street Fighter IV where the back button (or select) can be plinked with LP or LK. Infiltration is probably the best SFIV player in the world at the moment and one of the only players who rewired his controller so that he could use the extra buttons. So, 4 buttons is really helpful. I also think that Mortal Kombat made use of the extra buttons but I can't recall. If you don't want the extra buttons just remove them and get stick art to cover the holes.

thanks for taking your time to answer me, I hadn't thought about any of that

El Sloth

Banned
Top Bottom