• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Crowdsourcing - Completed, $829,829 raised, 4+1 characters funded

Mr. Fix

Now I'm very tempted to vote for Black Dhalia.

I want my Cable Redfield.

With a tinge of Meta-Knight in there.

pTgpiyu.gif

shaowebb

Im voting Beowulf and Taliesin. Beowulf because GOD YES pro wrestling tribute character and Taliesin becaus ehe turns folks into musical instruments and dresses like a boss. My wife is TEAM Taliesin so hard its unreal right now.

shaowebb

I'm really hoping for Eliza, so I can get an Eliza t-shirt as one of the rewards :p

You should tune in tomorrow night to the stream...Mike Z just said he's prototyping Eliza's mechanic tomorrow on the stream along with a few other hopeful character's mechanics.

sephi22

With the 4th character story mode and stage funded due to the freed up $40,000, will the extra Paypal donations be used for extra taunts/animations?

If so, I don't mind giving up a few more dollars.

suzu

Im voting Beowulf and Taliesin. Beowulf because GOD YES pro wrestling tribute character and Taliesin becaus ehe turns folks into musical instruments and dresses like a boss. My wife is TEAM Taliesin so hard its unreal right now.

Yeah, me too! I even did a doodle of them the other day. lol

SupaNaab

You have to take in account that after the vote the developers will have 2 sets of voting results for future development. Umbrella may have been next in line for the team but it might be difficult to argue against a particular character if the fan votes showed a clear preference. Even though DLC could technically happen post-IGG funding, the votes will set a standard that Lab Zero might find difficult to stray from (particularly after becoming so fan-oriented).

You have to take in account that after the vote the developers will have 2 sets of voting results for future development. Umbrella may have been next in line for the team but it might be difficult to argue against a particular character if the fan votes showed a clear preference. Even though DLC could technically happen post-IGG funding, the votes will set a standard that Lab Zero might find difficult to stray from (particularly after becoming so fan-oriented).

exactly, they will have an easy time using the polls to know which characters should be done next

#teamNOTbeowulf

I have to vote Marie now, who do I take out omg (Feng/Venus/Marie/Minette/Annie)

synce

Any idea how long it could possibly take to release all this DLC? With 5 characters it might as well be a sequel...

Also curious if they'll be released one by one and what determines the order

Though at the same time they can't be so beholden to fan opinion for future installments without it stifling creativity.

While it's nice to take fan opinion things under consideration, Skullgirls is their creation. They must remain true to what they think is best for the series.

And as far as character voting goes, for many of them, we're voting based just on one image and a brief description. Someone who is not as popular now might really get a huge boost once we've had more interaction with them.

Any idea how long it could possibly take to release all this DLC? With 5 characters it might as well be a sequel...

Also curious if they'll be released one by one and what determines the order
I thought it was mentioned somewhere that they'll take like 3 months each? Or am I misremembering?

TheOGB

Banned
I'm liking these pallette/voice ideas in the chat

Hotwheel
Drainwheel
Plainwheel
Spainwheel
Banewheel
Wayne(Brady)wheel
Herman Cainwheel

sephi22

I wanna learn some Peacock and Parasoul.
What are some good resources for post-patch combos besides Skull-heart? (Since its down)

Dreavus

I tried to ask Mike about the backer palettes on stream, but he wasn't sure what was happening with them.

Hopefully they're spread out amongst the characters. Would hate for every person who backed at that level to want Peacock or something, and have her end up with an extra 20 palettes (or however many of that tier was open) and everyone else getting nada.

I'm sure their figure it out though. :p

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ha, those are pretty cool, makes me want to create something similiar for Molly... too much I like, for her not to be one of my top picks XD

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thank you for this! I was interested in what ALL of the hype was about, but didn't want to check through every post for it. Was much easier making silly gifs about my ignorance.. That is pretty cool news. I Just hope no one funds these two! Please no!

It's in the goddamned thread title and OP.

Village

Vote Issac, you know it in your heart.

4 full new characters and 1 clone character.

Like Falcon and Ganondorf in Smash. ;)

at least in brawl he has unique moves and he is his own person.

You remember Dr.Mario, why did he even need to be in melee or pichu, or roy or young link god melee had a lot of clones.

LegatoB

Robo Fortune isn't exactly a "full" character as such, since it will probably share quite a few moves with Ms. Fortune. Basically, compare Ky and Robo-Ky in Guilty Gear and you'll get the general idea.
Robo-Ky's actually pretty darn different in practice. Not just his heat management and charging up his power, but all the other attacks he's got which are totally new and/or dramatically changed. Even the normals he has "in common" with Ky have very different uses. I suspect Robo-Fortune will follow the same lines.

Robo-Ky's actually pretty darn different in practice. Not just his heat management and charging up his power, but all the other attacks he's got which are totally new and/or dramatically changed. Even the normals he has "in common" with Ky have very different uses. I suspect Robo-Fortune will follow the same lines.

I think back in the original console XX Robo-Ky was just a clone of Ky with his old GGX moves. That's probably what the poster was referring to.

I can't imagine that's what they're aiming for though.

LegatoB

I think back in the original console XX Robo-Ky was just a clone of Ky with his old GGX moves. That's probably what the poster was referring to.

I can't imagine that's what they're aiming for though.
They're already planning to redraw parts of Ms. Fortune for Robo-Fortune, so pretty much by default they're shooting past vanilla XX Robo-Ky and his "hey man he has green skin, what more do you want?" ways.

Azure J

Tangent: I keep forgetting to mention this, Ultimadrago your avatar is great. :lol

<3 Nichijou.

That monochrome Dahlia is awesome.

Ultimadrago

Tangent: I keep forgetting to mention this, Ultimadrago your avatar is great. :lol

<3 Nichijou.

That monochrome Dahlia is awesome.

Thanks, Azure J! Nichijou is indeed fantastic.

Please tell me Black Dahlia wouldn't show this much cleavage in-game. That would totally ruin the character for me :/

I'm no staff member and I like the picture, but I'd doubt it. Though the dress is indeed similar to one she sported in a certain character's story (without the jagged trimming in the breast area).

From her concept art and Skull Girls story mode, she's much lighter on the exaggerated figures Alex has spoken of for inspiration in the past (ex. Filia and Cerebella), waist aside. Even if her cleavage did show due to cape height, I would see it being minimal and unlike the fan art (as her story mode cape is thicker and drops lower in front than the one in the fan art).

What's so great about Annie? I can not comprehend it.

Her sword is forged from a meteorite and can channel the power of the stars in its sweeping cleaves. Her right eye bonds her to her Remote Parasite and partner, Sagan, who grants her powers of a galactic motif. While some of her abilities carry more of a sparkly magical girl motif, Annie tries to execute them with the same sternness.

Gameplay Inspiration
Mito (The Rumble Fish 2), Nayuki (Eternal Fighter Zero), Kidd Thunder (Mortal Kombat), Platinum the Trinity (BlazBlue), Nebula (Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys), Warachia (Melty Blood), Utsuho (Touhou), Pretty Cure, Nanoha, Guts (Berserk), Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear series)

So we have the satisfaction of destroying your opponent with a Space themed loli badass with Carl Sagan in stuffed animal form granting her galaxy attacks with gameplay motivations from Sol-Badguy and mother fucking GUTS.

Where is your god now?

Nyoro SF

I don't understand the appeal behind Venus since we already have a gross shapeshifter in the cast. How many more mouths, eyeballs and appendages do people want popping out of nowhere? :p

Top Bottom