• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Steaks

We're still trying to get the current patch out as soon as possible.

That will be another patch that shouldn't hit the snags this one did, since we figured out how to work within Microsoft's rules.

Awesome to hear, as a person who only owns an Xbox... yeah :p

Anyway, looking forward to Squiggly :) Glad you guys recovered from all this nonsense.

if anyone's up and wants to play, i'll probably be on for awhile
GG

You could use more practice on Double's combos. She can do some good damage and her resets are stupid easy with Peacock's jumping heavy kick. Also, Double's jumping heavy punch can be just exasperating to deal with. There is one rule to remember for Peacock. If you aren't filling the screen then you are PROBABLY losing and you've lost for sure if it's a Peacock mirror. Learn how to cancel Peacock's standing heavy punch(not garbage day) into impending doom for maximum screen clutter and argus agony. It's the ultimate lamer tool. :p

Edit: Did I try a lot of high low mixups using jumping heavy kick and medium kick(dat bear trap)? I think that was Q who got the brunt of the mixups there.

NEO0MJ

Wish I could join but my stick is broken, and trying to play again with a PS3 controller is like trying to relearn riding a bike.

ggs DiscoShark, I wouldn't mind getting whooped again in the future. Fun set.

Oh, well GGs Deadpool. I thought we were disconnected at the end hence the second invite.

I think a lot of the way you can improve is just getting used to the toolset Parasoul has available to her. So, for example, one of her best assets as a character is her huge range on air normals, she can do a lot to stop air based approaches by just jumping up and using j.HP. She can convert random air hits into combos by doing a j.LP / j.LK and then immediately cancelling into j.HP which forces the opponent into an OTG state and gives you ample time to combo off of them. Her Napalm Pillar is absolutely vital to being able to deal with rushdown and, if blocked, it can be cancelled into the relatively safe motorbike super. Against Peacock it was good that you were using projectile shield but you were ignoring the Egret Call (Bike) that is completely projectile invincible and also a pretty integral part of that matchup.

I think probably the best examples of solo Parasoul play comes from :
http://www.youtube.com/user/margherita0141/

ex. : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zq883ZMHPM

Don't worry about getting a complicated combo down so much as trying to adapt your playstyle to utilizing all the tools she has available to her as a character. Simple things like Launcher -> jLP jHP (land) -> LK MK MK HK -> Super should suffice for now.

Oh, well GGs Deadpool. I thought we were disconnected at the end hence the second invite.

I think a lot of the way you can improve is just getting used to the toolset Parasoul has available to her. So, for example, one of her best assets as a character is her huge range on air normals, she can do a lot to stop air based approaches by just jumping up and using j.HP. She can convert random air hits into combos by doing a j.LP / j.LK and then immediately cancelling into j.HP which forces the opponent into an OTG state and gives you ample time to combo off of them. Her Napalm Pillar is absolutely vital to being able to deal with rushdown and, if blocked, it can be cancelled into the relatively safe motorbike super. Against Peacock it was good that you were using projectile shield but you were ignoring the Egret Call (Bike) that is completely projectile invincible and also a pretty integral part of that matchup.

I think probably the best examples of solo Parasoul play comes from :
http://www.youtube.com/user/margherita0141/

ex. : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zq883ZMHPM

Don't worry about getting a complicated combo down so much as trying to adapt your playstyle to utilizing all the tools she has available to her as a character. Simple things like Launcher -> jLP jHP (land) -> LK MK MK HK -> Super should suffice for now.
I honestly thought you ended the set first time around, then I found out it was a disconnect lol.

But yeah, I had no idea the bike was projectile invincible, I'll have to remember that for later. I'll check out that video when I return home tomorrow since I'm on the Vita browser now.

ggs yo

i cheesed so many of those wins it's not even funny

if you had a longer painwheel combo things would have turned out much different

Yeah, GGs.

I tried to use some of the longer combos in the beginning, but I'd always drop the launcher, so I just went back to the simple stuff. I really need more practice - especially with Peacock, since mine definitely can't keep up with yours.

Sorry about not seeing your invite earlier, DiscoShark. I would have at least sent you a reply back if I had.

I always wondered why only Valentine and Double have more than three hyper combos.

I also wonder why I rarely ever use either characters level 5.

Ravidrath

I always wondered why only Valentine and Double have more than three hyper combos.

I think it's just because they're "boss" characters.

And they have some crazy ones just because they're difficult to use.

Not that I noticed. I was getting rushed down more than opened up from mix-ups.
Ah, I wasn't sure who felt the brunt of those mixups. Peacock's high low game is pretty fun.
Their design allows for it. EKG super, scalpel super, level 3 and her revive all make perfect sense for a medical themed character. Double can literally turn into Marcus Phoenix and cut you in half with a chainsaw if she wanted to. They are also sub bosses.

Makes more sense than overloading the Ryu of the cast(lol Denjin Ryu/MvC1 Ryu transformation super).

Edit: Beat like a 150k Squigly drive.
It's a lot to remember tbh. I'd play Valentine every once in a while, but I flub the input because six buttons and I already have to know three other super. :I

I think it's just because they're "boss" characters.

And they have some crazy ones just because they're difficult to use.
If by difficulty you mean their inputs, Doubles are all easy to do. If you mean practicality then yeah I'll give you that. Moai head isn't exactly a trumpcard.
Makes more sense than overloading the Ryu of the cast(lol Denjin Ryu/MvC1 Ryu transformation super.
I always transform into Akuma mode in MvC1...

yo real talk, it'd be pretty cool if filia had an install super
Nah, Filia is already more than strong enough as is. Her install also involved a Samson growth spurt that looks to be a new character of his own if you check the silhouettes.

Stanley should have an install super similar to the experience Bruce undergoes when he smells blood in Finding Nemo. Stanley's glasses come off, inky black eyes stare right into your soul and he bears his teeth like he just found his next meal. It'd be a great contrast to his seemingly passive and civilized demeanor.

http://youtu.be/1x9W70LJKVw?t=1m5s

So delightfully Darkstalkers and fitting for the one shark I know of in any(soon) fighting game.
I always transform into Akuma mode in MvC1...
You aren't the only one. His Akuma version is the best and he looks good with a black Gi/tan. Doesn't change how ridiculous it is even though it's his best super. :p

She probably couldn't even beat Dragonball Goku; she's nowhere near strong enough.

Even if I were to consider game balance, that has nothing to do with whether it would be cool or not. Install supers are always cool.
Dragonball Goku is a tough little bastard. He beat the entire red ribbon army!

Uh... I think my system froze in the middle of my combo.

I can't even press any buttons on my pad. This ain't cool.

System freezing aside, maybe I should let the system sit for a bit in case of potential overheating. ggs Milk. Great set of matches.

Ah, that's messed up.

You done then?

Yeah I think so for now, the PS3 is pretty hot. I'll have to turn it back on for that PSN download I had paused but I'll stop playing games on it for a few hours to hopefully cool down. We should do this again sometime, hopefully my system won't lock up on me.

Yeah I think so for now, the PS3 is pretty hot. I'll have to turn it back on for that PSN download I had paused but I'll stop playing games on it for a few hours to hopefully cool down. We should do this again sometime, hopefully my system won't lock up on me.

Cool beans.

And yea, long sets are fun. I've got to learn Painwheel. Think I'll work on that until someone else challenges me.

Cool beans.

And yea, long sets are fun. I've got to learn Painwheel. Think I'll work on that until someone else challenges me.

Yeah, that Peacock of yours was trouble for me. Then again, Parasoul usually has a tough time getting around that many projectiles when she has a weak dash and no air dash at all, and it doesn't take long for the opponent to learn to work around the Egret calls.

But yeah, long sets are fun in my book. I would have kept going for about 5 more matches had the PS3 not bugged out like that.

i hate filia and valentine so fucking much

i think i've finally got those bitches figured out though

it's not going to be anymore super free wins from me, beats

you hear me beats!

I've got that ass figured out now!

I'm coming for you!

. . . ggs, man lol

Beats

GGs Milk.

I got killed too many times by that level 5. The game does that laugh when you kill two or more characters in the same combo :p

Kioshen

If I wanted to get back into that game since I've pledge some money for squigley, what's the equivalent of srk for skullgirls ?

Is there any Ms. Forturne or Filia players I could search for on youtube that are worth analysing ?

SRK's SG section is still relatively active I think. There's definitely still useful resources there.

Skullheart.com was started about a month ago and has a growing community. It'll likely be the dedicated forum for the fanbase.

joe2187

Banned
If I wanted to get back into that game since I've pledge some money for squigley, what's the equivalent of srk for skullgirls ?

Is there any Ms. Forturne or Filia players I could search for on youtube that are worth analysing ?

The official unnofficial but soon to be official SG community forum Skullheart

Hey guys! I've been trying to learn Cerebella/Painwheel before going online so I've been working on learning the combos listed on their boards.

I came across the following one for Cerebella, but I can't seem to finish the combo. Can someone give me a tip about the timing? I've just been trying to do them as fast as I can.

c.LK, c.MP, c.HP, j.LK, j.HK, c.LK, c.MK, j.MP, j.HK, c.MP, c.HP, j.LP mash, j.HP just above the ground, LP, MP, HP, LP Lock n Load, Diamond Dynamo.

In between the second j.HK and c.MP, I can't seem to connect the c.MP no matter how quickly I try to time it.

Hey guys! I've been trying to learn Cerebella/Painwheel before going online so I've been working on learning the combos listed on their boards.

I came across the following one for Cerebella, but I can't seem to finish the combo. Can someone give me a tip about the timing? I've just been trying to do them as fast as I can.

c.LK, c.MP, c.HP, j.LK, j.HK, c.LK, c.MK, j.MP, j.HK, c.MP, c.HP, j.LP mash, j.HP just above the ground, LP, MP, HP, LP Lock n Load, Diamond Dynamo.

In between the second j.HK and c.MP, I can't seem to connect the c.MP no matter how quickly I try to time it.

That's the Cerebella combo I tend to go to when I use the character. I don't know if you realized but the second jHK is supposed to restand the opponent and the only way to time that is to delay the jHK after the jMP, so try doing :

c.LK, c.MP, c.HP, j.LK, j.HK crLK crMK -> jMP *delay* jHK

... in order to restand. After that point the crMP should work just fine.

FYI it's probably hardest to do this combo on Peacock.

Top Bottom