• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyforge |OT| Thou shall not workship false prophets

Xyber

Having a blast with Monk but the melee tracking in some maps (and pvp) is just too much of a hassle so going to shelf him for awhile. Going back to slayer to start playing around with a build that can manage once Blood harvest gets nerfed to the ground.

Any word on when the nerf hits? PvP against a team with slayers that just uses BH and stays away for the rest of the game is sooo much fun!

Clearos

Any word on when the nerf hits? PvP against a team with slayers that just uses BH and stays away for the rest of the game is sooo much fun!

No, I read the changed on RU but did not research if/when the NA/EU servers are getting the swap. I would enjoy it if BH only did reduce damage on players. It is a pretty good PvE move.

Cracklox

No, I read the changed on RU but did not research if/when the NA/EU servers are getting the swap. I would enjoy it if BH only did reduce damage on players. It is a pretty good PvE move.

I don't pvp, but yeah cool power for pve. Kinda makes up for the weak standard melee attacks.

From what I know about the change, it will tick for about half the damage but there will be a talent added that lets you 'pop' it, like archer flames, witch dots etc. That's always fun, so I could see myself def still using it.

Completely unrelated note and old news now, but don't think I saw it mentioned here. Next class is heavily rumored to be Pyromancer. That should be cool, but not sure we really needed another deep'ser. A more interesting tank class would have been good

Clearos

I don't pvp, but yeah cool power for pve. Kinda makes up for the weak standard melee attacks.

From what I know about the change, it will tick for about half the damage but there will be a talent added that lets you 'pop' it, like archer flames, witch dots etc. That's always fun, so I could see myself def still using it.

Completely unrelated note and old news now, but don't think I saw it mentioned here. Next class is heavily rumored to be Pyromancer. That should be cool, but not sure we really needed another deep'ser. A more interesting tank class would have been good

Agreed, magic is well covered and an archer can easy cover the pyro of the classes. I would be down for a melee based support. (drops totems/banners or something of that nature) or another tank. Anything melee and I would be happy.

Novice note: Was hoarding my particles of mastery until i learned that they have no other benefit minus upgraded your equipment ranks. 60-50k of those ready to burn.

Cracklox

Agreed, magic is well covered and an archer can easy cover the pyro of the classes. I would be down for a melee based support. (drops totems/banners or something of that nature) or another tank. Anything melee and I would be happy.

Novice note: Was hoarding my particles of mastery until i learned that they have no other benefit minus upgraded your equipment ranks. 60-50k of those ready to burn.

Haha. Thats a fair bit of prestige. Don't know if its too late, but you probably want to avoid doing the main hand as it only gives you might. Peeps avoid the offhand cos of prestige scaling, but health is always useful.

MGSV out today and currently downloading day 1 patch. Think Skyforge time is going to be eaten into for the next couple of weeks or so. I'll try to still get on, but new games tend to consume me and I don't play anything else till I'm done, especially if they're as good as this is purported to be

Clearos

I think it is a good time to bring it up as we are missing this invasion.

We are 50 members away to even having a remote chance at doing pantheon wars and I think we have a lot of members that have already abandoned the game. (no movement in prestige levels)

I want to stick together with GAF members but I also want us to enjoy everything the game has to offer and currently we will be missing a decent amount due to the limitation of our guild.

It was talked about previously but I think getting absorbed into another pantheon would be in our best interest. We have the discord channel if we want to talk exclusively to each other and the actual guild chat channel in game is rarely used so I don't see any negative to this. I think the most difficult part is going to try and see who is still active and who is willing to change.

If you are willing to relocate make a note on the Google spreadsheet minus that I will try to send a private message to everyone to see on their activity and willingness to move.

Deadly

You can kick me out to make space if necessary, Taengoo Wong.

I stopped playing but I usually log on a few times a day to do the Order stuff.

I think it is a good time to bring it up as we are missing this invasion.

We are 50 members away to even having a remote chance at doing pantheon wars and I think we have a lot of members that have already abandoned the game. (no movement in prestige levels)

I want to stick together with GAF members but I also want us to enjoy everything the game has to offer and currently we will be missing a decent amount due to the limitation of our guild.

It was talked about previously but I think getting absorbed into another pantheon would be in our best interest. We have the discord channel if we want to talk exclusively to each other and the actual guild chat channel in game is rarely used so I don't see any negative to this. I think the most difficult part is going to try and see who is still active and who is willing to change.

If you are willing to relocate make a note on the Google spreadsheet minus that I will try to send a private message to everyone to see on their activity and willingness to move.

I'm fine with relocating. I'm taking a short break since MGSV is consuming me but I'll still be popping on. I definitely plan to get back into it once I've beaten MGS.

It has begun!

TwywBHw.jpg

It's sad how fast this thread moves :p

So just to clarify moving to another Guild is just talk at the moment right? we don't actually have another Guild ready to move to?

I am 30k+ prestige now so looking ahead it would be nice to jump into invasions/raids at some point, if moving Guild is the only way to make any large scale activities possible we probably don't have a choice, I just hope such a move doesn't split us up much, I've gotten to know a few people here now so it would be a shame if we didn't all follow to the same Guild.
Right now I'm just taking a back seat to see what happens :)

Clearos

It's sad how fast this thread moves :p

So just to clarify moving to another Guild is just talk at the moment right? we don't actually have another Guild ready to move to?

I am 30k+ prestige now so looking ahead it would be nice to jump into invasions/raids at some point, if moving Guild is the only way to make any large scale activities possible we probably don't have a choice, I just hope such a move doesn't split us up much, I've gotten to know a few people here now so it would be a shame if we didn't all follow to the same Guild.
Right now I'm just taking a back seat to see what happens :)

I'm actively shopping for a guild that could take in ~30 members which i think is a healthy estimate of how many people are still playing. Any other game we would of been fine but with skyforge it really looks like you sell you and your members short if you don't have close to 100 members.

Note: Obviously I left the guild or shopping would be difficult.

Clearos

So we ran into a good problem.

I got invited to a guild that is a really active community that has a lot of the pantheon structures around a 30k prestige average and has a modest tax of 15k a week. they are talking about starting to work on raids shortly. (End of Contract) They currently have 10 open slots but would be willing to build more clan buildings to increase capacity.

CadaveriaIX friend has a guild (The Minions) they already in invasions and raids and would be happy to accept us. Cad nor I have yet to get details on space, taxes and the like but their founder is 60k so I assume it would be safe to say they have everything built.

Cad or I will try to get more info on minions but it looks like we have choices.

Spoke to them again today (The Minions) they have pretty much everything built, NO tax req, just donations.
Invasions/Raids available, with space to spare for invites.
Both Aus and US players, though apparently more AUS which is good for me at least :p

If there is anything specific you need to know I can ask.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
think i may return for this patch

Catch-Up System: Players that have just began their adventures in Aelion or have taken an extended leave of absence are now capable of catching up to those who have been playing since the start of Open Beta. The system allows for faster progression, through promo adventures, enabling these players to progress at a rapid pace. As a player gets further to the current maximum obtainable by old players, the amount of bonus rewards decreases, resulting in a small gap between them and the veteran players.

Xilium

I'm just hoping that there are some major balance changes in the upcoming patch or in a subsequent patch soon to come because that is by far and away the biggest issue this game has at the moment.

I really like the combat in this game but the fact that they push the burst-style combat so hard in this game, despite having only 2 classes really built for that, is really frustrating. I'm playing gunner right now and half or more of their abilities and talents are just plain useless because they don't cater to that playstyle.

As far as the guild thing is concerned, just let me know where ya'll end up going. I'm honestly not one of the most social people so I don't talk much in chat, but I have been playing the game regularly and until recently, was doing the Pantheon quest and donating money. So I can at least continue to do that stuff and possibly partake in the PVE pantheon stuff (assuming it's not content that forces you to play 1 of 4 of the only classes that apparently can actually do late game stuff).

I've gone ahead and joined The Minions, over 100 people and so far all seems good, have no idea what plans people have but as mentioned before Gaf is still more than welcome. No requirements just jump in and have fun..
If you would like an invite I guess just leaving you name here would be easiest.?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
some very good changes like

Removed Clans: Pantheons now consist of a single list of members and commanders.

Reworked the Core upgrade system found within the Ascension Atlas.

Due to the Core upgrade system being reworked, currency spent on upgrading these nodes will be reimbursed to players upon login.

Ether cores now have the possibility of dropping from enemies in all kinds of adventures.

When choosing to disassemble an item that is in a stack it will now disassemble the whole stack. If a player wishes to disassemble a smaller quantity they must first split the stack by holding the Shift key and dragging the stack to another inventory slot.

Improved game performance during long play sessions.
cyromancer buffs are great

Xyber

So I have now been playing this game for about 1½ month, 28k prestige and have unlocked a few classes. Still really enjoy it, fortunately I have not hit my sparks cap so far as I made my account when it launched in July or whatever. Feels a bit grindy at times, but right now that doesn't really matter since I don't want to progress to 30k and get divine form yet.

Tried a new build for my Kinetic today, can wreck some shit in PvP when backed up by a lightbinder.

Cracklox

Yikes. Dead thread is dead. Didn't check it for a week or so and like 1 post in the last 12 days.

I mentioned a week or 2 back I'd be back after MGS (which is done. Farkin awesome to play, unfinished story aside) but I think it'll be an indefinite break. Maybe back 1 day, but for now there's a few other things to play. Diablo 3 kinda dragged me back in and also copped a loan of Batman on PS4 which I'm keen to get into. Marvel Heroes has also been logged into, and fun had within the last week or so too. Then there's Witcher 3 xpac in a few weeks and I'll prob do another full playthrough of that when it drops.

So that list of things will keep me busy for a while. That, combined with Skygaf being dissolved, I just don't have the will to login right now, and unless something changes in game or otherwise, may not be able to gather the will to again.

That said, had heaps of fun. Some really fun groups where we crushed everything, and some even funner ones where we struggled a bit but pulled through. Alch class was so good in groups and bursting down bosses accompanied by the amazed reactions in group chat, never got old. Alch = best class

I think I'm at 29.6 k as well lol. Oh well, from what I've heard about God mode at the moment is you can use it for about 15 minutes a week or something ridiculous. I understand you can use it more when you lvl the divine atlas but its still pretty crazy. Heck, in Marvel Heroes I hardly ever use 10 min cooldown Ults for fear of wasting them. Forget to use them alot here as well now I think about it.

Anyways, good games all, and good on those that are sticking about. Say what you want about some of the design decisions, the combat is legitimately fun. I hope the game grows and does well, and hopefully pulls me back in down the track too.

* hands in Alchemist Manipulator and Sham Wow name badge *

Peace!

oktarb

Logged into Skyforge after a long break and was showered with gifts. inventory had to go into overflow.

Vex_

Banned
Just found out about controller support. Redownloading the game now, been awhile since I've played. I am curious how it is going to feel on my ds4.

Judging by this thread, I am not the only one who was waiting for gamepad support before jumping back in!!!!!!

/s lol but yea just want to try that out and may or may not stick around. They took waaaay too long to add this.

Top Bottom