• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skylanders official website updates to include Crash Edition tab

I could see it being used as a side announcement for Crash in a perfect world. Like game is announced and then they go "and that's not all, crash will also be in Skylanders"

In a perfect world that is, in this world it'll just be this.

From Sony's previous E3 conference structures, I can see this being done in a similar way to FFVII last year. Announce this, let the hype subdue a bit, then fifteen minutes later knock 'em out with what they want. Maybe just wishful thinking, but they've done a fair bit of this lately.

N.Domixis

Banned
I'm going to keep my eye on how this crash is going to look. If he looks like the classic ps1 games I'll be buying skylanders.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Where did you hear those rumors? Cuz that sounds like something you make up to help you sleep better knowing there might be a Crash game.

I love this rumor.

Sony: Give us Crash.

Activision: Okay.

Sony: Make an exclusive character for your Skylanders series with our newest acquisition, Crash Bandicoot.

It's like...what exactly did they get out of this?

Neoxon

H2sv8lh.gif
/dead

N.Domixis

Banned
I love this rumor.

Sony: Make an exclusive character for your Skylanders series with our newest acquisition, Crash Bandicoot.

crash figure helps sale more skylanders

I love this rumor.

Basically. I can't see anything other than the idea of an active Crash with a Sony-made game coming in Skylanders selling more on hype than a dormant one revived just for it.

BroBot

This announcement will be in Adam Boyes' section at E3 friends

He'll announce this as a troll and then as he goes to move on, someone comes out in a Crash Bandicoot suit

This! I wouldn't be surprised if he even does the signature Hashimoto "tilt-back and laugh".

This is by far the second best case scenario for the franchise for me.

It's so... So backwards from what I want that I find it hysterical. Hope someone enjoys it! But man, I think it's really funny.

Just like the Conker DLC in Project Spark was supposed to be the salad dressing...

This is Sony we're talking about, not Microsoft. They aren't quite as clueless to the wants of the video game public.

Plus Conker isn't topping the classics chart on the Xbox Store every month.

I don't think this ends a new Crash game hope. One of the rumors was that Acti agreed to give Sony Crash in exchange for letting him be in Skylanders.

It dies make a certain kind of sense - have him in Skylanders to appeal to a younger audience, while Sony banks on tweaking the nostalgia of older gamers who would already know the character.

But it would be fucking hilarious if this is all he's in - three years of teasing, for this!

I just hope there's a new Crash game to go along side this Skylanders thing, cause if not then well...... I'm probably gonna cry

Fredrik

Where there is smoke there is fire, and Crash Bandicoot has been showing his face in rumours for at least six months now.
Plus, he's in Uncharted 4 too. All this is just a way to get a new generation of gamers updated on who he is before releasing the new Crash game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
crash figure helps sale more skylanders

But what does Activision get from Sony out of this?

They already told us Activision still owns Crash.

The simple answer is the most likely one. Instead of Disney Infinity this year they're doing their kids marketing with Skylanders, and using Crash.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I just hope there's a new Crash game to go along side this Skylanders thing, cause if not then well...... I'm probably gonna cry

If he returns, they won't just have him guest star in another franchise. Kids don't even know who Crash is. He'll get his own game.

It's fine...

This Skylanders edition will be announced either alongside the Destiny and CoD segment, or Adam Boyes' segment, and then either not long after that or right at the end of the show we'll see Crash return in all his glory for a new adventure with a nostalgia pumping trailer.

It's fine...

Please...

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I don't think this ends a new Crash game hope. One of the rumors was that Acti agreed to give Sony Crash in exchange for letting him be in Skylanders.

Which would be very smart, put an IP you drove into the ground on sae, let another party revitalise it, and include in the contract that in addition to the money they need to pay you they also must allow you to use their IP in another existing game you have... Win - Win.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Wait.

So Activision GAVE an IP they OWN to Sony in exchange for being ALLOWED to use it themselves? Makes no sense.

It would not be giving it away... It would be selling thus making money, but with the foresight of benefiting of the work the buyer would do to revitalise the franchise by keeping the right to include it in your own game.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Crash is Activsion IP, why do they need Sony's approval to put it in Skylanders?

Because Activision drove the IP into the ground and they would make more money selling it to Sony than using it probably.
The stroke of genius would be taking advantage of Song desire to please their own fans and also put a clause that lets Activision use the Crash IP in Skylanders even after selling it off. If Sony does not revitalise Crash... Nothing lost and money made... If they do, they still made money from the sale and now they have a trump card for Skylanders... Win - Win.

Top Bottom