• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skylanders official website updates to include Crash Edition tab

Rembrandt

Banned
Sony's not in the driver's seat here, Activision is. That's the point. They aren't in a position to make demands of what Activision does and doesn't do with Crash. Crash isn't going to be a miracle worker than some here think it's destined to be, and there's no amount of Sony chest pounding that will make it so.

What's confusing you about them essentially paying for an exclusive game and probably marketing?

Like I said in the other thread... I wouldn't be surprised if they were making this and still had another game in the works

This is probably just for IP awareness or to see how many are really interested in crash coming back.

daveo42

Banned
QLAAW.gif

We brought the Crash Bandicoot franchise back to life!

e5d644b7f7ab721f81d9557d304e66d0.gif

Ice fucking cold, but so damn true.

fernoca

This is why companies never sell IPs.
Though Crash hasn't been sold to anyone.
Vivendi owned Crash when Naughty Dog developed the games on PSone.

Vivendi ended as part of Activision, so Activision owned Crash by default.

What's going to happen now, who knows. But Activision using a dormant franchise for something is nothing extraordinary neither the result on selling/buying an IP.

Dremark

Banned
Still doesn't rule out a Crash reboot game.

Yeah I'm not sure why people are getting upset/defeated over this. It could be a cross promotion, if anything it could open a path for a return later and if nothing else it wasn't revealed in a way people would take as a troll like say Conker was.

Point of note: Spyro has not been in the last two Skylanders games.

(He was relegated to a special edition "Eon's Elite" set during Trap Team, And was COMPLETELY MISSING FROM SUPERCHARGERS.)

Let that Sink in, people. This may just be Ripto's Rampage all over again...

Guys, don't panic. I said it before, I will say it again. Most of us are waiting for a Crash game. If it isn't there, somebody (I mean an insider) would have said something. I'm not saying Crash won't appear in Skylanders, I'm saying he will have his own game, too. I believe that in the middle of the conference Sony will show Crash in Skylanders and in the end Crash will be shown.

fernoca

Point of note: Spyro has not been in the last two Skylanders games.

(He was relegated to a special edition "Eon's Elite" set during Trap Team, And was COMPLETELY MISSING FROM SUPERCHARGERS.)

Let that Sink in, people.
He just didn't get an unique figure, he was still playable (like every figure) and appears during the intro sequences that explain what are Skylanders.

Plus across 5 games, he got:
-Spyro (Adventure)*
-Dark Spyro
-Chrome Spyro
-Legendary Spyro
-Spyro (Giants)*
-Megahorn Spyro*
-Dark Megahorn Spyro
-Eon's Elite*
-Spry (mini)*

Plus there's also Cynder, from the Spyro games (and her variants).
-Cynder (Adventure)*
-Metallic Cynder
-Crystal Cynder
-Cynder (Giants)*
-Glow in the Dark Cynder
-Phantom Cynder*

And the sheep, which became playable/enemies in Trap Team.

*=New figures, the rest are color variations.

ZarKryn7

Guys, don't panic. I said it before, I will say it again. Most of us are waiting for a Crash game. If it isn't there, somebody (I mean an insider) would have said something. I'm not saying Crash won't appear in Skylanders, I'm saying he will have his own game, too. I believe that in the middle of the conference Sony will show Crash in Skylanders and in the end Crash will be shown.

PS Fuite and this other Reddit insider are saying that he's gonna be in PlayStation All stars 2 and will have his own game.

These guys were pretty much spot on with the Skylandeders one, I hope AT THE VERY LEAST one of these remaining parts are true.

He just didn't get an unique figure, he was still playable (like every figure) and appears during the intro sequences that explain what are Skylanders.
Plus across 5 games, he got:
-Spyro
-Dark Spyro
-Legendary Spyro
-Megahorn Spyro
-Dark Megahorn Spyro
-Eon's Elite
-Spry (mini)

Plus there's also Cynder, from the Spyro games. And the sheep, which became playable/enemies in Trap Team.

I want a classic Spyro figure to be in the Crash starter pack. Lol

People are panicking over nothing. Sounds pretty obvious that if he's coming back he might get more than his own game but also some cross promotion.

salromano

I think it makes more sense to just have a segment for his 20th anniversary unveiling it all. Start with the game, obviously.

So, really, you think a Naughty Dog developed Crash game and PS All Stars 2 is a realistic thing? I mean, okay, I guess stranger things have happened...

I am not sure what sounds sillier.

PlayStation All Stars 2 or Sony trading something for Crash.

I mean... I guess something like Lemmings might be worth it? Activsion could sent that thing to King and get it on mobile.

Well not to burst your bubble guys but Verendus did hint PS Allstars 2 was in the works a year ago. So I'm going with this rumor for now.

Donthizz#

maybe this was part of the deal.

Activison- "We will sell you Crash Back, but if your making a new Crash game we want him in Skylanders(as a ps exclusive)"

fernoca

If there's a new All Stars, I just hope they unify the visual style. Nathan Drake was already stylized in the new mobile game, so just take things from there.

And a better looking UI. That's all. :p

salromano

Was looking at the page code (using the French site now since it still shows the tab), seems that while the Crash tab appears no matter which console you select, there is only web code for the Crash edition on PS4:

{"bundles":"crash","regions":"United States","platforms":"ps4","img":"imaginators-standard-ps4.png","retailer":{"name":"Toys R Us","link":"https://www.toysrus.com","notes":"empty"}}

I don't think this ends a new Crash game hope. One of the rumors was that Acti agreed to give Sony Crash in exchange for letting him be in Skylanders.

Where did you hear those rumors? Cuz that sounds like something you make up to help you sleep better knowing there might be a Crash game.

If there's a new All Stars, I just hope they unify the visual style. Nathan Drake was already stylized in the new mobile game, so just take things from there.

And a better looking UI. That's all. :p

Just for the love of GOD, don't give him that weird giant neck he had in the fortune hunter game. Stylized or not, for fuck's sake lol

Top Bottom