• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim Collector's Edition Unveiled by Bethesda

Cloudius12 said:
wait before it the CE goes bomba.
I doubt it in this case. The Fallout: New Vegas CE was nowhere to be found within a week of the game's release. I think Bethesda learned their lesson after the Fallout 3 CE. That one could be found everywhere a couple of months later for like $40.

AndyMoogle said:
I doubt it in this case. The Fallout: New Vegas CE was nowhere to be found within a week of the game's release. I think Bethesda learned their lesson after the Fallout 3 CE. That one could be found everywhere a couple of months later for like $40.
And if not, I'll have a hearty laugh as I buy it for less than half of its original price.

$150 is just way too much to spend on one game. (And no, I never bought Rock Band either.) That book looks nice and all, but that's just too much money. I don't know what 2K is thinking. We're the hardest of the hardcore and look how many of us have already said no thanks.

_woLf

I've been burned too many times (thanks, Bungie!) by "super exclusive limited omg awesome" CEs at that high of a price.

I'll pick it up when it's inevitably still in stock 5 months after release for less than $60 at Best Buy. Until then, standard edition it is.

nonnocere

Popped over to the Amazon page to find that all the videos about Skyrim on the Collector's Edition are about Rage.

Initially, I thought there was a lot of metal in the videos I could see and then I saw John Carmack and John Romero....

Way to market! Scrolls VI: Rage. Bad karma, man. Bad karma.

6016424744_03903e279f_b.jpg

Brannon

I don't plan on paying $150 for this either, but truthfully, I find it somewhat baffling that this thread reached 10 pages of everyone saying the same thing.

You may find that a lot of us came from the Dark Souls/Newegg preorder thread, which puts Bethesda's offer to shame in a way that Sonic Fan Remix did similarly to that iPhone port jobby.

noise36

playing the game is the entire point...everything else is just a distraction.

people who buy special editions of games = people who hate money

Top Bottom