• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: New(er) Screenshots and Previews

Pollux

zethren said:
My favorite character that I made in Morrowind was an Ordinator hunter. Every time I came across an Ordinator in Vivec, I would ruthlessly slaughter them and take nothing off of their body with the single exception of their helm. I collected Ordinator Helms.

My house in Balmora was literally filled with them. Ordinator helms on tables, Ordinator helms on beds, Ordinator helms in boxes, Ordinator helms on the floor, Ordinator helms on the shelves, etc. If I can do that in Skyrim, I'll be a happy _____ Hunter again. :)

AAAAAAHHHHHH. I did the same thing on one character after Bloodmoon came out. Except with mine I took the skirts off all the guards in Ald-Rhun because I thought it as silly for some badass guard to wear a skirt. Can't respect someone like that.

I would wait until night fall and then kill things and take their skirts. girly men.

Rapture

Piercedveil said:
I'm thinking of starting off as a Nord again, like I did in Oblivion. I can't decide..

This would probably be the best one to start off as a Nord! Depends though, if you like being discriminated against (like me lol) you should play as a beast race. I also hear the various elves will get a lot of flak from the locals in this one.

zethren

Banned
zmoney said:
AAAAAAHHHHHH. I did the same thing on one character after Bloodmoon came out. Except with mine I took the skirts off all the guards in Ald-Rhun because I thought it as silly for some badass guard to wear a skirt. Can't respect someone like that.

I would wait until night fall and then kill things and take their skirts. girly men.

Skirts actually looked cool underneath armor though, even on male characters... >_>

Not many games can say that, I suppose. haha

But I very much look forward to my arbitrary item collecting mass murdering Skyrim character (after beating the game once or twice, anyway).

Rapture said:
This would probably be the best one to start off as a Nord! Depends though, if you like being discriminated against (like me lol) you should play as a beast race. I also hear the various elves will get a lot of flak from the locals in this one.

I plan on playing as a Dark Elf on my first run. Bring it on world.

Rapture said:

So many decisions D:

Pollux

Blue Ninja said:
Yeah, I read 'em both: they're pretty good. The lore introduced in the novels is pretty important:
the Empire collapsed, Morrowind got destroyed, the Thalmor seized control in Valenwood, a new Emperor conquered the Imperial City, and so on. Some of that is definitely mentioned in Skyrim, heck, they mention the Thalmor in the opening of the game.
There were only two books though right? infernal city and the other one?

JoeBoy101

Nord Barbarian (2H and Light Armor)
Orc Warrior (Sword and Board w/ Heavy Armor)
Dunmer Assassin (Dual Wielder w/ Light Armor)
Argonian Archer (Light Armor)
Breton Archmage

Pollux

JoeBoy101 said:
Breton Archmage
This guy's got it down. I usually do the same thing.

Speaking of kelpto serial killers? Wasn't there a guy on here who just stole pillows? and another one who would kill an NPC steal their clothes and then just do their routine?

Fjordson

JoeBoy101 said:
Breton Archmage
I like these. Starting to lean towards a Dunmer assassin myself.

bengraven

Someone should gif that "Goodbye forever!" moment from that journalist who got Skyrim early and we can use it when a douchebag gets banned.

Like me.

JoeBoy101

Diseased Yak said:
Argonian archer/assassin/badass for me. With raising the dead to fight along with me on the side.

Oh yes, let me modify that.

JoeBoy101 said:
Breton Chickenmancer

Derrick01

Banned
Diseased Yak said:
Argonian archer/assassin/badass for me. With raising the dead to fight along with me on the side.

Yup. Argonians are overpowered for stealth early in the game. Definitely going to test it out and see how much better it is than Oblivion.

Wanace

I've settled on Argonian Mage. Going to focus on Alchemy, Enchanting, and Destruction, with some Archery thrown in.

He's gonna be a bit evil, but not over the top.

mik83kuu

Banned
I don't know about the race yet, but I'll definitely go for a sneakin',bowin', stealin' and explorin' play style. It's not because I necessarily want to, but it's a surefire way to avoid the disappointing melee animations and it's something I have never ever ever done in similar games so it'll be fresh and interesting. I always play the knight or barbarian style characters.

Rapture

Complistic said:
So when are we getting our OT?

Blue Ninja said he was going to put it up after he got some sleep and estimated around 12hours, that was at about 6pm PST so im assuming it will be up sometime around 6am PST. Hope that helps in giving you a time frame.

Loxley

Just layed down my pre-order on Steam, really hoping for a pre-load (don't see why they wouldn't).

Fuckin' hype man.

My first Skyrim character with be a Sword & Board Redguard[/] who'll wear heavy armor and back up with martial prowess with restoration magic. He'll also learn to craft/upgrade his own armor & weapons and brew a few potions.

DTKT

Loxley said:
Just layed down my pre-order on Steam, really hoping for a pre-load (don't see why they wouldn't).

Fuckin' hype man.

I think Pete Hines confirmed that there would be one.

Vire

chixdiggit said:
Any pre-order deals for this? I feel dirty buying a game day one at full price.
There should be no questions about the proposed value of Skyrim.

I will more than willing shell out my sixty bones for something that will provide me literally hundreds of hours of shiteating grin fun.

Mastperf said:
Why a female?
Because Ghaleon is sick like that. :)

chixdiggit

Vire said:
There should be no questions about the proposed value of Skyrim.

I will more than willing shell out my sixty bones for something that will provide me literally hundreds of hours of shiteating grin fun.

Oh I agree, if it's anything like Oblivion it will be worth the asking price and then some. I'm just looking for the best deal possible.

Rapture

Been thinking on how i'm going to roll my first play through and now that i'm not restricted to 7 major skills im not really sure what im going to do. Probably going do dual daggers and bow stealth character with necromancy if that is a viable option this time. As far as race its still up in the air between Argonian Kajiit and Nord for first play through, definitely looking at rolling a Dark Elf mage at some point though.

Simo

Woorloog said:
Don't sleep too long or the forum will be broken before you can put up the OT.

Good thing i pre-ordered today...

Nevermind. Looks like the date is December 23rd and looking the package photo the OST seems to be made up of around 52 tracks or so.

Top Bottom