• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: New(er) Screenshots and Previews

Woorloog

Banned
Blue Ninja said:
Umbra in Oblivion always had a special set of Ebony armor: I think its stats were leveled, but I'm not sure.
Yes but its stats were either Orcish armor's or Ebony armor's after lvl 16 or so, i think. Which is why i said Orcish/Ebony armor.
Oh and Umbra was also level 20+ always, or was it 50?

Rapture

Blue Ninja said:
Umbra in Oblivion always had a special set of Ebony armor: I think its stats were leveled, but I'm not sure.

That's correct. It was Ebony armor but was leveled and called "Umbra's Ebony Armor".

EDIT: Back on the topic of Morrowind, it always made me sad that my Argonian couldn't use "The Boots of Blinding Speed" :( such a good time!

zmoney said:
Also as someone said earlier Oblivion was just so damn bland.
this was my #1 issue with oblivion, everything was boring and cookie cutter. Even going through the Oblivion gates felt boring when it should have been epic

Prelithe

Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy the physical PC version? I would normally do digital but I don't have enough bandwidth.

Solo

Lakitu said:
Jeremy Soule has outdone himself. Holy shit. The stuff I've been listening to is just incredible.

I was underwhelmed with his Oblivion work, but he seems to have stepped back into god tier with Skyrim.

Fjordson

Lakitu said:
Jeremy Soule has outdone himself. Holy shit. The stuff I've been listening to is just incredible.
Absolutely. I especially love the nighttime tracks. You can just feel the atmosphere.

Pollux

Rapture said:
She was a Bosmer!?
I could have sworn she was a Nord. Oh well.

What was the timeline between Morrowind and Oblivion? Umbra was the same sword that was outside Suran right?

Woorloog

Banned
zmoney said:
I could have sworn she was a Nord. Oh well.

What was the timeline between Morrowind and Oblivion? Umbra was the same sword that was outside Suran right?
6 years
And yes, it is the same sword.

Morrowind begins in 3E 427
Oblivion begins in 3E 433

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I loved Oblivion's music. :|

I'm on a media blackout. Not even listening to any music — I have no idea what the main theme that everyone is orgasming about is like. Can't wait to load up the game for the first time.

Solo

vatstep said:
I loved Oblivion's music. :|

I'm on a media blackout. Not even listening to any music — I have no idea what the main theme that everyone is orgasming about is like. Can't wait to load up the game for the first time.

Did you watch the trailer? If so, you've heard the theme. If not, you're in for a treat.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Solo said:
Did you watch the trailer? If so, you've heard the theme. If not, you're in for a treat.
A long time ago. Don't really remember it at this point.

Rapture said:
She was a Bosmer!?

God they made it so hard to tell the difference between some of the races in Oblivion, really glad to see we wont be having that problem in Skyrim.
Well, Bosmer chicks are pretty tall, in contrast to their male kin.

And the soundtrack is god-like. I'm ordering the disc set tomorrow, I must have this in a physical form. That
remake of Minstrel's Lament
is divine.

Lakitu

st5fu
Blue Ninja said:
Well, Bosmer chicks are pretty tall, in contrast to their male kin.

And the soundtrack is god-like. I'm ordering the disc set tomorrow, I must have this in a physical form. That
remake of Minstrel's Lament
is divine.

Yeah, just imagine listening to that during the game.

I love some of the more somber stuff as well like
the Ice dungeon music

Hawkian said:
So we're missing out on OT | A Dance With Dragons, eh?
It definitely won't be called that. :lol

Piercedveil said:
I'm ready for the OT now.
Patience, my friend. I'm about to go to sleep, I'll put it up after I've woken up.

Lakitu said:
Yeah, just imagine listening to that during the game.

I love some of the more somber stuff as well like
the Ice dungeon music
It's going to be orgasmic.

And yeah, some of the somber/eerie stuff is amazing.
The second dungeon track, fuck yeah.

Simo

You guys are just cruel without providing a link to some of these OST samples..:(

I noticed Direct Song changed it so that autographed copies of the game have to be ordered by November 23rd instead of December.

Woorloog

Banned
Blue Ninja said:
Patience, my friend. I'm about to go to sleep, I'll put it up after I've woken up.
Don't sleep too long or the forum will be broken before you can put up the OT.

Simo said:
I noticed Direct Song changed it so that autographed copies of the game have to be ordered by November 23rd instead of December.
Good thing i pre-ordered today...

Wanace

I'm looking forward to the return of some characters from previous games, such as M'Aiq the Liar and Umbra. Also wonder if we'll see any naked Nords that have been tricked by witches.

Rapture

Cryptozoologist said:
I'm looking forward to the return of some characters from previous games, such as M'Aiq the Liar and Umbra. Also wonder if we'll see any naked Nords that have been tricked by witches.

Considering that it takes place 200 years later i think its safe to say M'aiq will be much slower lol. And since Umbra is a soul-possessing sword im sure we'll be seeing it again.

CrazyDude said:
I'll bring it up for you.
Dad, is that you?

Rapture said:
Considering that it takes place 200 years later i think its safe to say M'aiq will be much slower lol. And since Umbra is a soul-possessing sword im sure we'll be seeing it again.
I wonder if Umbra will return, because
I think it got destroyed during "Lord of Souls". Not sure, though, but something definitely happened to the very nature of the sword that changed it.

CyReN said:
Dragonborns don't sleep.
I'm not sleeping, I'm medidating on a new Dragon shout.

CyReN said:
but seriously if you need anything I'm decent at PS.
Thanks for the offer, but all the graphics work is done. Well, the entire OT is done, I'm just waiting for one tiny thing (that I may or may not get) before putting it up.

All right, guys, see you in an hour or ten. :lol

zethren

Banned
zmoney said:
Yea I did that at first, but on your 4th play through you just want to mess NPC's up.

On one of my characters I made it my mission to kill every single NPC in the game that wouldn't respawn (like guards). And even them I killed whenever I saw them. I was such a badass rolling around with my Daedic Battle Axe and Fur Boots. Then when everyone was dead the game got very boring very quick.

My favorite character that I made in Morrowind was an Ordinator hunter. Every time I came across an Ordinator in Vivec, I would ruthlessly slaughter them and take nothing off of their body with the single exception of their helm. I collected Ordinator Helms.

My house in Balmora was literally filled with them. Ordinator helms on tables, Ordinator helms on beds, Ordinator helms in boxes, Ordinator helms on the floor, Ordinator helms on the shelves, etc. If I can do that in Skyrim, I'll be a happy _____ Hunter again. :)

Ghost23

Sorry for being so anxious, but I really want to know how some of you are listening to the soundtrack already. If I search for the music on youtube it only shows videos that have been taken down...

Rapture

Blue Ninja said:
I wonder if Umbra will return, because
I think it got destroyed during "Lord of Souls". Not sure, though, but something definitely happened to the very nature of the sword that changed it.

huh, interesting. Did you read that? i wanted to before Skyrim came out but im beginning to think i wont have enough time, was it good?

Rapture said:
huh, interesting. Did you read that? i wanted to before Skyrim came out but im beginning to think i wont have enough time, was it good?
Yeah, I read 'em both: they're pretty good. The lore introduced in the novels is pretty important:
the Empire collapsed, Morrowind got destroyed, the Thalmor seized control in Valenwood, a new Emperor conquered the Imperial City, and so on. Some of that is definitely mentioned in Skyrim, heck, they mention the Thalmor in the opening of the game.

Rapture

Blue Ninja said:
Yeah, I read 'em both: they're pretty good. The lore introduced in the novels is pretty important:
the Empire collapsed, Morrowind got destroyed, the Thalmor seized control in Valenwood, a new Emperor conquered the Imperial City, and so on. Some of that is definitely mentioned in Skyrim, heck, they mention the Thalmor in the opening of the game.

Holy shit! I definitely need to read those, or at least find a pretty in depth summary haha.

EDIT:
ACE 1991 said:
So when does the review embargo lift?
the 10th i believe, so next Thursday.

Top Bottom