• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: New Screenshots (Races)

Clevinger

Drazgul said:
That archer dude looks great too - gonna be a bit silly tho if everyone, including rich merchants and poor beggars, will use the same musclebound body type.

I think they've mentioned that there's different body types.

Dyno

callmedave said:
Not sure of this race:
skyrim_kaysercharacter.jpg

My guess is Briton.

Just remember kids, you'll probaby have to pair whatever race you choose with a viking helmet. Might wind up a little kooky looking.

ironcreed

Banned
we.are.the.armada said:
Oh my god. So good looking!

My beautiful, lusty Argonian. I'll be creating you again my serpentine lovely. *hiss*

The Argonians actually look like an intimidating reptilian race instead of something that you would laugh at. Same goes for the rest of the races. They just have a more aggressive, realistic appeal that gives the game a tone that you can take far more seriously. The improvements for the character models alone will work wonders for the series.

gstaff

press got to create a character at QuakeCon and we delivered screenshots of the characters today. There should be around two dozen of them.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
1) thank you for making a new thread

2) the khajit and dark elf races look bad fuckin ass

3) pre-ordered via newegg, thanks for that code

JambiBum

Billychu said:
Ewww.... so ugly. What did they do to my favorite race?
Nothing. This character was custom made by a member of the press. That's what people need to understand here. All of these new screens are of custom characters.

Billychu said:
Ewww.... so ugly. What did they do to my favorite race?
I edited my post on this but this may be a Dark Elf so you still have hope. If you look closely, it looks like he has red eyes and his skin color does match those of a Dunmer.

Emitan

EteRnal_PAL said:
I edited my post on this but this may be a Dark Elf so you still have hope. If you look closely, it looks like he has red eyes and his skin color does match those of a Dunmer.
I hope so. The eyes do look a bit strange for a wood elf.

ironcreed

Banned
EteRnal_PAL said:

...and he has face paint. Which is one of the character creation options. That could throw anyone off.

Darklord

Banned
I think they look much better than Oblivion. And the Dark Elfs have the proper raspy voice again! None of that awful, stupid Oblivion voice work!

Emitan

ironcreed said:
...and he has face paint. Which is one of the character creation options. That could throw anyone off.
His actual facial features were turning me off, not the obvious face paint.

ironcreed

Banned
Billychu said:
His actual facial features were turning me off, not the obvious face paint.

I just thought it was worth mentioning because brown face paint certainly detracts from facial features. Anyway, never mind.

EteRnal_PAL said:
Confirmed Bosmer. On the other hand, I hardly think this is indicative of the Bosmers being ruined, just looks like a poorly designed character to me. I'll be playing a stealth Bosmer and I'm not concerned.

yamo

Looks better than oblivion for sure, but many of these characters still look pretty bad.

Will buy regardless (game of the year edition probably).

Woorloog

Banned
Looks excellent.
I wonder how many hours i'm going to lose to this... Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas all have taken maybe a thousand hours of my time... it the game's keep getting better and better (Not counting Morrowind, which is the best)

Revolutionary said:
Argonian as first playthrough confirmed.

Tough choice, you have to think a reptilian race would hate freezing cold Skyrim.

The beast races look the best. I'm leaning towards Khajiit but the dark elf looks good too.

spirity

Drazgul said:
Posting this here as well, because that Kotaku pic is NOT doing orcs any justice:

skyrim-orc.jpg

Much prefer this Orc over the other one. I've always played an ugly/evil/beast race over a pretty one if the choice is available, I find them far more interesting visually. Orcs, trolls, goblins etc. And this is right up my street. I'm gonna tear it up with this guy.

Trike

Welll that is just fucking great. Now I can't masturbate to the Lusty Argonian Maid anymore. The Khajit look awesome now though. Still gonna stick with an elf or human of some sort probably.

Highlaw

Banned
Orcs look so sad, I want to hug them :-(

Anyway, future Argonian ranger here. Shooting a deer 200 meters away and watching him ragdoll... feels good.

Simo

Screens look awesome!

I take it these are all each respective media outlet's characters they created during their time with the demo at Quakecon?

thefil

I'm continually amazed by what people can find visually unappealing. I think these look amazing. *goes back to playing Morrowind with no graphics mods*

nickbreckon

Bethesda Community Manager
spirity said:
Much prefer this Orc over the other one. I've always played an ugly/evil/beast race over a pretty one if the choice is available, I find them far more interesting visually. Orcs, trolls, goblins etc. And this is right up my street. I'm gonna tear it up with this guy.

Wait until you see the beards. A bearded, grizzled orc is what I'm playing for sure.

I think most of them look downright hideous but I'll blame it on the person creating the character and not the game. That Orc up there looks like an orc though, that's a plus.

bengraven

Goddamn the Argonian looks like a velociraptor...I support this strongly and will be playing my first Argonian, ever, and probably as a vicious assassin.

God, this looks so much better than any Bethesda game ever, at least in the faces.

I still, still require a texture mod for everything else...

Baron Aloha said:
Cool. But I'm slightly disappointed because I misread the title as Sykrim: New Races (Screenshots). :(
There's ten races already. The lore doesn't allow for any new ones, and I'm glad.

Top Bottom