• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: New Screenshots (Races)

balladofwindfishes said:
I believe Akaviri is the Asian-esque portion of Nirn, isn't it?
I guess so, yeah. At least the Tsaeci are. Their architecture is definitely reminiscent of that.

ls1N1.jpg

God, that ground looks bad. :lol

Angry Fork

I picked Argonian in Oblivion simply for the fact they could breathe underwater and I thought that might be useful later on, I went into water maybe twice the entire game lol. Still gonna be Argonian in Skyrim though because it looks the coolest unless other races have better traits.

Emitan

I almost never played as anything but Wood Elves so I never even noticed I was smaller. I thought it was normal
KuGsj.gif

thefil

I'm probably going to go big bad Nord in this game. I normally have played magic characters so a change of pace is in order.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
This game has been off my radar but between the Quake Con presentation and the fact that you can play as a velociraptor I'm gonna give it a try. Guess I'll start with Morrowind.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
2ch's going to have it's work cut out for it getting all those races 'anime pretty.'

Solo

markot said:
I just hope the games main story arc isnt a complete mess like Oblivions was >.<

I honestly expect it to be as poor as Oblivions. And, like that game, the Dark Brotherhood questline will be the game's saving grace.

I like playing the geographically appropriate race for each setting in the Elder Scrolls series. Dunmer in Morrowind, Imperial in Oblivion, Nord in Skyrim. I want to make a Valkyrie-like swordswoman.

Enco

I always play with humans as I find them easier to relate to.

Might switch it up in Skyrim though. Looking good!

Rabbitwork said:
argonian + viking helmet + clipping = DOUBLE HORNS

IIRC, in previous games Argonian/Khajitt couldn't wear helmets or boots. Looks like the one Khajitt has some on here though, so maybe that changed.

platypotamus said:
IIRC, in previous games Argonian/Khajitt couldn't wear helmets or boots. Looks like the one Khajitt has some on here though, so maybe that changed.
They couldn't in Morrowind. They could in Oblivion.

Sutton Dagger said:
If those Argonian's breasts are anything to go by, I know what you're picking ;)
Some people are attracted to busty Nord wenches. Some people are attraced to promiscuous Dark Elven maidens. And some people just want to fuck velociraptors.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Blue Ninja said:
And some people just want to fuck velociraptors.

Haha... cold blooded.

Razorskin said:
I hope the character customization is good.

I was able to work some miracles even with the shitty Oblivion tools... just takes patience. And humans. In Oblivion you had to make humans if you wanted anything decent.

bengraven

chaostrophy said:
I like playing the geographically appropriate race for each setting in the Elder Scrolls series. Dunmer in Morrowind, Imperial in Oblivion, Nord in Skyrim. I want to make a Valkyrie-like swordswoman.

I do this too. I'll be a big, angry Nord.

Wallach

Curious to see how the Bretons look. I always remember the Morrowind character art for Bretons because they had creepy hands.

Also I hope they bring back the soft-serve ice cream haircut for Altmer so I can re-create Prince Casby the Dairy King.

Wallach said:
Curious to see how the Bretons look. I always remember the Morrowind character art for Bretons because they had creepy hands.

Also I hope they bring back the soft-serve ice cream haircut for Altmer so I can re-create Prince Casby the Dairy King.
Altmer apparently have more "alien" facial structures now, at least according to the one we saw in the february trailer. That one had a brow that could cast a shadow across all of Tamriel. :lol

Here's the screenshots we haven't seen yet, so keep an eye on these websites:

Bethesda Forums said:
IGN (DUNMER)

Ausgamers (NORD)

Gamespot (ORC WITH YELLOW FACE PAINT)

1UP (AUTHOR DOES NOT SPECIFY WHICH RACE)

Gamespy (AUTHOR DOESN'T SPECIFY)

Gamesradar (ARGONIAN WITH HORNS)

Gameplanet (ORC "of advanced years, with golden war paint splayed across his weathered and scarred skin")

Gamepro (IMPERIAL - "Sleek hair, beard, cool, a little war paint around the eyes and a scar on the cheek"
Translation (Bethesda Forums)

Multiplayer.it (AUTHOR DOES NOT SPECIFY)
Translation (Bethesda Forums)

FZ article (swedish) (NORD - blonde barbarian)

Wallach said:

I always get Bretons and Imperials confused. They basically look identical to me.
In Oblivion there was very little differences that you could identify between the two.

And as with Morrowind and Oblivion, I shall be a Kajiit thief.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I hope that I can have a pack of Argonian, Khajit and Wood Elf slaves to follow me around everywhere.

Or they could tend to my strongheld and sort out all of my cheese wedges and spools of yarn.

gstaff said:
Breckon is going to love these JP references
You wouldn't happen to have the hi-res versions of some of those shots lying around, would you?

More accurately, perhaps: you wouldn't happen to be allowed to give us the hi-res versions of some of those shots, would you? :lol

Snuggler said:
I hope that I can have a pack of Argonian, Khajit and Wood Elf slaves to follow me around everywhere.

Or they could tend to my strongheld and sort out all of my cheese wedges and spools of yarn.
I want to find a Khajiit village and make it rain burning dogs on them.

Top Bottom