• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyward Sword new media depot [Latest: Lyre Trailer] [Spoilers may vary]

cool_dude_2049 said:
Nope. This game will get 7-9 reviews all around. One of the reasons why TP got those kind of reviews was because it was another game that followed the well-known 'Zelda' formula. There was nothing 'new and innovative.' For SS, motion plus may add more depth, but I don't think a different story and new color palette will give it a 10.
This game is probably the biggest change in Zelda since ALttP.

Lingitiz

cool_dude_2049 said:
Probably, but in a world of DLC expansions and online multiplayer, single player games have to work so much harder to get a high score.
The game is 50-100 hrs with a master quest option after you beat it. That sounds like alot of content to me.

Lingitiz

Kard8p3 said:
Not yet it hasn't. Edge hinted that there could be something but nothing concrete.
My mistake then. Regardless, there's still a ton of content in here and much more if the 2nd quest does end up getting included.

Red

Kard8p3 said:
Not yet it hasn't. Edge hinted that there could be something but nothing concrete.
That's what I thought. Honestly that's my biggest hope at this point -- a meaty post-game challenge.

Lingitiz said:
The game is 50-100 hrs with a master quest option after you beat it. That sounds like alot of content to me.

Be that as it may, I'm sure most reviewers will see this as a repackaged Twilight Princess with Motion plus support. Don't get me wrong; I'm totally stoked about Skyward Sword, but I do not expect it to get 10s all around. Unless, of course, there are more redeeming qualities that have not been talked about yet.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Crunched said:
That's what I thought. Honestly that's my biggest hope at this point -- a meaty post-game challenge.

Well, we know there's a Boss Rush Mode, which is nice, but what I really want is a Second Quest/Master Quest.

Kjellson said:
I hope this game has a Cave of Ordeals.

This - it's the main replay factor for me once I complete the story.

Also, guessing this game will mainly get 9's.

Also, have kept myself away form all info leaks and spoilers since E3 - Can't wait now!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Feep said:
Aw, c'mon now, I can't tell you that yet. = D

Feep.

Send me the game.

Thanks.

Zane

BY2K said:
nA3Gf.png

It's a Heart Container.

No it isn't.

Thoraxes

snesfreak said:
I want this game like I want Alison Brie, but I'll only get one of those things...
Hopefully you and Alison are very happy together. We'll all be enjoying the game without you.
I'll probably be somewhat jealous of you for a while.

Zane

It's called a Life Medal or something. dunno what it does cause it's like 800 rupees and I don't have that kind of scratch.

anyway, think I'm gonna refrain from giving out any more details. Technically, I am not violating my embargo (Nintendo said it's OK to talk about anything before the Earth Temple) but I'd prefer to be cautious.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Zane said:
It's called a Life Medal or something. dunno what it does cause it's like 800 rupees and I don't have that kind of scratch.

anyway, think I'm gonna refrain from giving out any more details. Technically, I am not violating my embargo (Nintendo said it's OK to talk about anything before the Earth Temple) but I'd prefer to be cautious.

Life Medal? Maybe it bring you back to life with full health if you die. (Though at 800 Rupees maybe it's a little much for that.)

Caelus

BY2K said:
Life Medal? Maybe it bring you back to life with full health if you die. (Though at 800 Rupees maybe it's a little much for that.)

I think it helps with defense or something, I didn't know you could buy medals!

BY2K

Membero Americo
Caelus said:
I think it helps with defense or something, I didn't know you could buy medals!

Oh wait, I remember now! Kotaku talked about it. Fi tells you about medals that have certain effects. One give a boost to potions.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Nintendo Power doesn't have a review, but it does have a new preview.

It does contain spoilers about your second trip to Faron Woods, though.

Kazerei

Banned
fernoca said:
GnT5x.jpg

I need this in my hands..now!! :(

By the way, who's doing the OT?

White balance looks kinda off in that photo.

I really hope the SS gold wiimote matches the GE007 gold classic controller.

cool_dude_2049 said:
Nope. This game will get 7-9 reviews all around. One of the reasons why TP got those kind of reviews was because it was another game that followed the well-known 'Zelda' formula. There was nothing 'new and innovative.' For SS, motion plus may add more depth, but I don't think a different story and new color palette will give it a 10.

it already got the max mark on the most harsh video games publication, i could care less what the hollywood US type game publications will give it....

RPGCrazied

This can't come soon enough, I'm almost sick of Batman, been playing Arkham City since it came out. I probably will play a 2D Zelda to get me in the mood. I haven't played Minish Cap in a long time.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The saturation on the box is STILL messed up!

Get it together, NoA, Jesus!

EDIT: Anyway, making a new thread for this.

Geez, that was boring. They could have done the same generation progression in a quarter of the time they took. Then they could have shown more gameplay or something.

What do you think, no hope for a OoT3D or WW style commercial at this point?

[Nintex]

TheCongressman1 said:
Geez, that was boring. They could have done the same generation progression in a quarter of the time they took. Then they could have shown more gameplay or something.

What do you think, no hope for a OoT3D or WW style commercial at this point?
It's NOA, they couldn't hand out food for free in Africa.

Top Bottom