• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slamball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakhov

Banned
Yesterday I was tv surfing and ended up on a slamball match for the first time, I don't like basketball but this thing was pretty entertaining. Anyone here follows that stuff?

For people who haven't seen what it is:

http://slamball.warnerbros.com/

Go to videos and download the Slamball 2002 video, it gives you an idea though it is way more entertaining in a match.

Lathentar said:
You should have watched the try-outs where the guy's ankle is split in half.

No he shouldn't. :p I still can't believe they actually got a close up to show you what it looked like.

Malakhov

Banned
Eww, sounds gross.
Yesterday they showed a clip of some guy holding his hand and he had broken fingers in like every directions :/

Does anybody else besides me really want to play this game? It looks fun as hell, even with the risk of my shin splitting in half...

Loki

Count of Concision
SolidSnakex said:
No he shouldn't. :p I still can't believe they actually got a close up to show you what it looked like.

Whoa, that must've been crazy to see. :p

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Lathentar said:
You should have watched the try-outs where the guy's ankle is split in half.
I don't know why they showed that.
For some reason, I was watching that. Slamball looked pretty cool and I've never watched it before seeing that...
...and because I saw that, I'll never watch a Slamball game ever again. Every time one of those guys jumps, I'm afraid his ankle will snap when he lands.

NASTY.

Felidae_Khrall said:
My god.. The movies are true! I'm gonna get my hoverboard!!!!

Where's my mini pizza and flying car though? And my self fitting/drying jacket, and self tying Nikes? And my hat that changed colors that was really popular in the late 80s/early 90s, huh? And, for God's sake, why hasn't a virutal Michael Jackson taken my order yet?

Shinobi

Relax man...we've still got another ten years!

Slamball is hilarious to watch...been a while since I've seen it, but the dunks and blocks are ridiculously funny. I wish Rollerjam was still on though...that show was pure entertainment. Had some great looking babes too.

Takuan

I caught one episode of this a while back and it was a riot. Dribbling? Nuts to that, pass, pass, DUNK!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Man I use to love Rollerjam.. and back in the day Roller Derby before it.... when and where is Slamball coming on these days?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Seems the show got cancelled and now is on the road:

To the SlamBall Nation,

You've waited patiently for some good news and here it is. SlamBall WILL be on tour with Projekt Revolution this Summer. The tour will open up in Cininatti on July 23rd and continue until September 5th. The tour features Linkin Park, Snoop Dogg, Korn, Ghostface Killer, the Used, Downset and more.

We are making good headway in establishing the league. In the meantime, this tour will expose SlamBall to a projected 600,000 tour goers LIVE. It is a big win for SlamBall and I hope it means as much to you guys as it does to those of us who worked to bring it about. I hope to see everyone from the boards out on the court as we make our way around the country. Those of you that do make it out will be allowed to skip lines to get on the court, hang out with the SlamBall players, etc. To find the tour date closest to you, check out www.projektrevolution.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom