• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

Karak

i saw that and it was just a quick preview, you cant judge a game off that

watch this before you judge

Admittedly I snickered when I saw Giant Bomb. Regardless I still personally think the darn combat looks off during this. Oh retail copy this will be good to see the PS3's handling of it.

DukeBobby

Can't wait. August is starting to become my favourite gaming month. It brought us Deus Ex last year, and several potentially brilliant games (including this and Darksiders 2) this year.

ironcreed

Banned
Even the producer just mentioned that at the start there are some tutorials and it opens up as you play and unlock moves. I'll say this, the gameplay is nowhere near as wonky looking as GTA. Now I love GTA, but still. It controls like a tank.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You know this isn't the first Sleeping Dogs video where people keep missing the counter and getting hit. I feel like the timing on that thing is very particular.

Spazznid

Why can't the game stream be smooth and the live camera be laggy?
Seriously, the game looks smooth but it's killed by the laggy vid...

With this, though, I'm feeling better about my purchase :D

You know this isn't the first Sleeping Dogs video where people keep missing the counter and getting hit. I feel like the timing on that thing is very particular.

Just from watching, it looks more "precise" than "peculiar" and usually the people playing are bad. But the first guy playing actually started getting way better at the timing before he passed the controller. He was countering out of grapples and whatnot.

Have my review copy. Game is great so far - that's all I can really say, but I'm guessing at least half of the reviews will make a "Sleeper hit" joke.

beanman25

Have my review copy. Game is great so far - that's all I can really say, but I'm guessing at least half of the reviews will make a "Sleeper hit" joke.

Was yours 360 or PS3? Mine was PS3, and the disc was loose a a bit scratched. Already emailed about that, but the game plays fine luckily.

And there you go. For every one that was worrying about annoying cops in the Giant Bomb Quick Look, the technique seems to be using the ram mechanic to get rid of them.

Are you able to comment on performance VS consoles? In particular, the pop-in. I noticed in the giant bomb quick look that the pop-in was pretty horrible even for open world standards.

I'm under embargo, but I'll see if that's the kind of thing I'm allowed to talk about!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
That is a good looking Hong Kong, give or take some issues, but enough to make me want to explore it and see what I recognise.

Still not fully sold on the combat compared to action games, but with recent talking of other open world games, far better. I'm less likely to get bored of this.

Watching a bad player play a game can always mess it up for a few people and not make them buy it, they should have devs play with it who has play tested the crap out of it

Yamibito

It made no sense to me because I'm pretty sure GI was the one tweeting about how addictive and fun it was. But that's basically where I expect this game to finish, around a high 70-low 80s.

How does that make no sense? That's a good score right?

Are you able to comment on performance VS consoles? In particular, the pop-in. I noticed in the giant bomb quick look that the pop-in was pretty horrible even for open world standards.

Can you comment on performance?

PC performance is fine on my rig, I have fairly modest specs. It has a decent range of video options, including some more taxing shadow/lighting options. Pop-in is noticeable if you're looking for it, but minimal - I assume that's better than the console versions.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The gi review called GTA the king and basically said these kind of games were just for people waiting for GTA. lol

Top Bottom