• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_nothin

Banned
HowellJenkins said:
should i start masturbating now?
34e2tll.gif

EDIT: this thread is moving too fast..i'm going to just be patient lol

pswii60

D4Danger said:
somebody's cranky.

hug?
Just get fed up of all the masturbating and "fapping" on this forum, it's rediculous. Perhaps at 28 I'm getting too old for that immature "humour". Not that I would have wanked over a console 12 years ago, either.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
XanatharDeath said:
This can't be possible. The PS3 Slim doesn't exist. And there is no price drop.

At least, that's what I read somewhere...

too bad your source is wrong :(

kmart has it om their front page!

Seems a little bit strange that Kmart would advertise the old (current) PS3 alongside the slogan 'a new exciting PS3'. Why wouldn't they just wait and put up a picture of the new PS3?!

jsnepo

micromagic said:
Seems a little bit strange that Kmart would advertise the old (current) PS3 alongside the slogan 'a new exciting PS3'. Why wouldn't they just wait and put up a picture of the new PS3?!

NDA

The slim PS3 needs to be officially announced first.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
onken said:
Is that 6pm GMT or BST?

It was a UK blog iirc, so that'd be BST. But now I'm second guessing myself wondering if they meant german time or...

So...err...nevermind, I'm not sure :p :lol

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
micromagic said:

I thought the same thing but other stores had similar ads check back some pages ago.

KillJade

Banned
micromagic said:

Because the new PS3 is clearly under strict NDA, meaning no one will be able to unveil a pic of it until Sony unveils it themselves at their conference. They probably don't even have an image of it yet, Sony will most likely ship press kits out to everyone at the commencement of their show.

This was simply a website guy getting a jump on his daily workload. He gets a memo to put up an ad for a new PS3 promo, and to use placeholder art assets until he receives the real deal.

HUELEN10

KillJade said:
This was simply a website guy getting a jump on his daily workload. He gets a memo to put up an ad for a new PS3 promo, and to use placeholder art assets until he receives the real deal.
I'm surprised he didn't just use cakefoo's rendering like everyone else!

theluma

Oh well, so the PS3 slim was announced. If you had just managed to keep it a "secret" for a few more hours Sony...

HUELEN10 said:
ALL ABOARD THE HYPE HYPE HYPE TRAIN!
hypetrain.gif

The Sony Keynote cannot come soon enough!

At this point, there is very little to be hyped about (in terms of the PS3 slim). I would hope people would be looking forward to actual surprises, like PSN 3.0 actually having private voice chat or something.

I just got a raise at work and I get paid on Thursday. If it's available then, I'll finally have a PS3 and something to watch my Blu-Ray movies on. Oh man oh man.

Does it come with a re-designed controller that looks more like an 360 one?
Man oh man do I hate the PS3 controller. No weight. Sorry for bitchinginigg, but srsly. Hates it.

HUELEN10

WordAssassin said:
I just got a raise at work and I get paid on Thursday. If it's available then, I'll finally have a PS3 and something to watch my Blu-Ray movies on. Oh man oh man.
Well, we still don't know, even with the kmart thing, if the slim will be 400 USD or 300 USD. Just a matter of hours now!
Buckethead said:
Does it come with a re-designed controller that looks more like an 360 one.
Man oh man do I hate the PS3 controller. No weight. Sorry for bitchinginigg, but srsly. Hates it.
SIXAXIS was too light, but DS3 is just right IMO.

Flek

Banned
i do believe in th ps3 slim but i dont believe sony will show it today...it would be the biggest thing they ever showed @gc ... they NEVER announced something this big there

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Buckethead said:

Why would it?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
theluma said:
Oh well, so the PS3 slim was announced. If you had just managed to keep it a "secret" for a few more hours Sony...

I think you're jumping the gun a bit there... No announcement has been made. Yet.

Not long now. Looking forward to the GAF server meltdowns.

Buckethead said:

No weight? :lol :lol It's not a golf club you know.

onken

Buckethead said:

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. The 360 controller is fucking awful.

-rounded face buttons
-horrid clicky buffers
-asymmetrical sticks
-too big generally
-terrible d-pad

Bleh.

I know that Kmart advert isn't much to go on, but the way it is structured suggests the new low price and exciting new Playstation 3 are separate entities. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it...

HUELEN10

Opus Angelorum said:
I know that Kmart advert isn't much to go on, but the way it is structured suggests the new low price and exciting new Playstation 3 are separate entities. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it...
No, no you aren't. I'm thinking the same thing actually! 300 USD old model, and Slim for 400 USD or 350 USD is my prediction.

theluma

Buckethead said:

Don't see why it would.

And have you tried a DS3? They are a lot heavier than the Sixaxis ones (which admittedly were pretty damn bad).

cyberheater said:
I think you're jumping the gun a bit there... No announcement has been made. Yet.

Not long now. Looking forward to the GAF server meltdowns.

Ok maybe Sony hasn't announced it but they are about to have a 3 hour conference with the head of Sony there and a big retailer has an advert of it plastered on their front page. I'd say it's pretty likely at this point :lol

I mean even Sony have given up

Sony: Kmart what have you done?!?! Pull it, pull it!
Kmart: All right...calm it man....it's not as though it's a secret any more..
Sony: Ah but we're making the big announcement this afternoon and it's gonna be massive...and....
Kmart: Are you sure we can't just put it back up...?
Sony: Ach you're right...fuck it...put the damn thing back up, we'll just make a bunch of jokes about stuff leaking at the conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom