• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

I have a 60gb with a 320gb hdd in it. I have BC. My hardware budget is going on a PSP Go. Why am I still excited at the launch of a console I have no intention of buying?

Also, why all the "Selling my 60 / BC 80" talk? Have I missed something? Have we had even the slightest hint that the slim has BC? Seems common sense it wouldn't have BC?

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
SmokyDave said:
I have a 60gb with a 320gb hdd in it. I have BC. My hardware budget is going on a PSP Go. Why am I still excited at the launch of a console I have no intention of buying?

I'm in the same boat. It's still exciting!

abrasion said:
I am going to pretend I'm John or Garnett from 1up or some kind of smart analyst and throw my personal, dumb opinion here.
You're NOT going to see BC back in the PS3 ever.

It's not going to happen, they are going to do what Microsoft did and forget BC and realise they can re-sell the damn games online for a fee, rather than spending engineering costs either making a new expensive BC model, or researching how to emulate the PS2 on the PS3 without the hardware for it.

I know it's just some newbie internet guys opinion and I know I wish I was wrong but they are a business, this IS what's going to happen, PS2 games in the online store, not playable from disc.

This. Thousand times.

DiGi-C

Banned
SmokyDave said:

Cos ur about to have alot more people to play against?

abrasion said:
I am going to pretend I'm John or Garnett from 1up or some kind of smart analyst and throw my personal, dumb opinion here.

It's not going to happen, they are going to do what Microsoft did and forget BC and realise they can re-sell the damn games online for a fee, rather than spending engineering costs either making a new expensive BC model, or researching how to emulate the PS2 on the PS3 without the hardware for it.

I know it's just some newbie internet guys opinion and I know I wish I was wrong but they are a business, this IS what's going to happen, PS2 games in the online store, not playable from disc.

Who cares? The topic now is two-nine-nine not lol-b-c. TWO F****NG NINE NINE

I paid FIVE NINE NINE EUROS for this thing... FUCK. Not that I didn't know this was coming...

abrasion said:

So you don't think they are going to sell PS2 games on PSN? That is still an option as well. Also, 360 does have about 200 games that still are BC while Sony cut it out altogether. If Sony reintroduced it they would have a leg up on the competition. That is a good thing. Not saying it is going to happen but it would be a move in the right direction.

cakefoo

Tom Penny said:

2i21z02.jpg

Dragon

Banned
I just talked with a friend at work, he's like 299? That's still too expensive. It says slim it should be half off.

I tried explaining about the form factor, he says this is a marketing disaster Sony is doomed.

:lol :lol

Nonoriri said:
I'm in the same boat. It's still exciting!
as PS3 owners healthy PS3 sales are good for us. as a multiplatform owner myself i LOVE competition. i loved Microsoft's uber agressive strategy with the 360. i loved Nintendo sailing off into uncharted waters and betting the company and winning. i've been waiting for Sony to step up and strike back with a genuine potential difference maker and finally they have.

if you follow this thing as a neutral, Sony coming back like this... well... it's bloody exciting.

xtop

DoctorWho said:
So you don't think they are going to sell PS2 games on PSN? That is still an option as well. Also, 360 does have about 200 games that still are BC while Sony cut it out altogether. If Sony reintroduced it they would have a leg up on the competition. That is a good thing. Not saying it is going to happen but it would be a move in the right direction.

i've been saying (on other forums, naturally) for years that we'd see ps2 games on the psn store. it makes too much sense for them not to.

i would say the chances of getting disc bc are pretty slim, but ps2 on the psn seems pretty likely..to me anyways

abrasion

Banned
DoctorWho said:
So you don't think they are going to sell PS2 games on PSN?

Not to be a dick but did you actually read my post?
That's precisely and utterly what I said they WILL be doing, PS2 games will be sold online, focus on emulation for disc based games isn't going to happen.
:)

Cruzader

Banned
SmokyDave said:

Also, why all the "Selling my 60 / BC 80" talk? Have I missed something? Have we had even the slightest hint that the slim has BC? Seems common sense it wouldn't have BC?
There's some ppls that dont use the BC feature like me and could benefit by selling it. I wouldnt care selling my 80GB(now 320GB) BC PS3 for a non BC PS3Slim...Damn cant stop thinking about it!

HUELEN10

Damn, the 360 is a game console and is 200 USD.

The new PS3 is a game console and a Blu-Ray player for 300 USD, with BD players being 100 USD at Wal-Mart, let's say the game console part is 200 USD.

Wii is 250 USD. Will this finally be what gives it a price-cut? I would kill for a 2nd Wii! :D

Seriously though, I feel as if this game console will benefit not only Sony, but the entire industry! We're back baby!

manzo

As a happy owner of a 60gb BC model with 250gb HDD, the slim doesn't interest me one bit.

However, I'm really interested to see Microsoft answering to this. 299 PS3 slim vs. 299 360 Elite, everyone knows that MS will lose on that front.

STG

this is killing me :\

my Ps3 died last week, and the plan was to wait till christmas to buy a news Ps3 and in the meantime get a 360

but now this?

*waits*

Ive been riding this thread since the start, never once did I doubt the validity of those Chinese mould pictures. Wooooo. Might get my little brother a slim if its $499 AU. Thats a ridiculous drop, like $200.

Crisis

Banned
manzo said:
As a happy owner of a 60gb BC model with 250gb HDD, the slim doesn't interest me one bit.

However, I'm really interested to see Microsoft answering to this. 299 PS3 slim vs. 299 360 Elite, everyone knows that MS will lose on that front.

Not necessarily. There's a perceived game library superiority on the 360. However this will mitigate a lot of it. You get a lot more for the same price with PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom