• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
from that page:

PS3, SLIM High-Definition Blu-ray player for the best movie experience. Free PLAYSTATION Network membership. 120GB HDD for downloading games, music, videos, and photos. Includes DUAL SHOCK 3 controller. HDMI output for 1080p resolution.

Shiggy

Only some hours to go...I would be surprised if these leaks are not true ... September 1st ... 299,99 ... GT5 on December 11th.

HUELEN10

WHY OH WHY DID I BUY THAT KEYTAR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I have to wait a bit longer to get it, but I am still fucking happy and hyped!

sullyj

107rmeb.gif

August 24th, $299 dollars. Looks like they are really goddamn serious about a console relaunch.

Apart from the fact I am a grumpy fucker, I think this bodes very well for games culture over the next few years. Three thriving consoles is better than two, for everybody.

Midas said:
Didn't the box say 120 GB? From the first pictures.
i believe so yes.
JodyAnthony said:
kinda makes me want to sell my 60gb ps3
i know the feeling. i don't WANT to want a slim. we'll see what it comes with features wise.

twice the hard drive size and no PS2 compatability would not be enough of an upgrade for me no matter how sweet it might look.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
OKAY. Just woke up. I havent participated in this thread since we weren't even sure if the Slim was real from the video. It's come a long (long) way.

With that said. When does the conference start (EST) and when does Sony's conference start? Also, where can I see live updates from it?

abrasion

Banned
I am going to pretend I'm John or Garnett from 1up or some kind of smart analyst and throw my personal, dumb opinion here.
You're NOT going to see BC back in the PS3 ever.

It's not going to happen, they are going to do what Microsoft did and forget BC and realise they can re-sell the damn games online for a fee, rather than spending engineering costs either making a new expensive BC model, or researching how to emulate the PS2 on the PS3 without the hardware for it.

I know it's just some newbie internet guys opinion and I know I wish I was wrong but they are a business, this IS what's going to happen, PS2 games in the online store, not playable from disc.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Hmm... if it is REALLY sweet and $299 I wonder how much I can sell my BC 80GB for to the general public that doesn't know about the slim yet :lol :lol :lol :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
There could be some fantastic deals on current PS3s in the next week or so...there'll have to be to move the remainder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom