• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smart Bomb - PSP, any impressions?

Belfast

This one seems to be slipping under the radar and I don't know if its a real launch title or not, but I've been seeing some ads containing the game for launch day. It seems like it could be a decent puzzle/action game and while there are other games I'd rather buy first, I was wondering if it was a good enough purchase for something down the road. Have any of the pre-launch reviewers who've already gotten their PSPs + review copy games been able to give this one a spin?

Amir0x

Banned
Belfast said:
This one seems to be slipping under the radar and I don't know if its a real launch title or not, but I've been seeing some ads containing the game for launch day. It seems like it could be a decent puzzle/action game and while there are other games I'd rather buy first, I was wondering if it was a good enough purchase for something down the road. Have any of the pre-launch reviewers who've already gotten their PSPs + review copy games been able to give this one a spin?

Yeah, it's definitely slipping under the radar. The concept seems solid enough, defusing bombs by overcoming various challenges/puzzles before the time runs out. But it IS Eidos, and also I think it'll probably miss the launch.

Belfast

Yeah, the Core Design/Eidos connection makes me wary, but the game doesn't seem to overly ambitious, so it might turn out alright. I already have Lumines, but if I didn't, I'd be looking forward to that and Mercury much more.

Amir0x

Banned
Belfast said:
Yeah, the Core Design/Eidos connection makes me wary, but the game doesn't seem to overly ambitious, so it might turn out alright. I already have Lumines, but if I didn't, I'd be looking forward to that and Mercury much more.

Looking more and more like Mercury might barely miss the launch date for some reason, but I pre-ordered it already so...

I hope Smartbomb turns out good, though. Might be worth swiping when it drops in price. A decent bargain bin PSP game, perhaps.

Drakken

Yeah, it's amazing how I haven't heard a single thing about this title (besides the initial press release). That seems really odd to me...

neptunes

Want to know what else is old? The fact that midnight club psp ships in a couple weeks and take-two hasn't released on single screen.

Top Bottom