• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Smash 3" - Super Smash Bros. Brawl + Wii U Documentary

FZZ

Banned
What's up GAF, just thought I'd share this Kickstarter with all of you. For those of you who don't know Cory "False" Shin is a great content producer and creator in the Smash community. He has been at work on a documentary for Brawl + Smash 4 for the past year or so. The documentary is going to be shot in the same vein as "The Smash Brothers" was for Melee, except obviously it is going to delve more into Brawl player's history and the story lines behind that game.

I'd highly recommend just checking out the trailer he made on his Kickstarter page even if you are unable to donate, just to get a good look at the level of quality you can expect from the project. Also the project serves as a great way to familiarize players with Brawl vets who now dominate the Smash 4 scene and help newer players and spectators just get a better idea of the faces behind the scene.

Kickstarter page is here

Overall the project just seems really cool and is why I made the thread.

Puruzi

Banned
Excited for this. The melee documentary was good even if I knew a bunch of the stuff in it, but I don't really know anything about Brawl's scene.

Wait so this documentary has nothing to do with the making of the game but more like delving into its community and tournament scene?

FZZ

Banned
Wait so this documentary has nothing to do with the making of the game but more like delving into its community and tournament scene?

Yes that is correct. The documentary is supposed to delve into the competitive scene surrounding the game and not the making of the game. Sorry for the confusion.

explodet

He's not going to talk about Brawl for 30 seconds before going back and talking about Melee for 15 minutes, I hope.

Yes that is correct. The documentary is supposed to delve into the competitive scene surrounding the game and not the making of the game. Sorry for the confusion.

Well that's a shame. I would've backed hard for a making of documentary. I don't take my Smash that seriously.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Melee Documentary was fantastic, I'm in for a follow up.

Agreed, I'm not a hardcore Smash fan, though I do play it casually, but I watched all 5 hours of the Melee documentary about its competitive scene. Was a fascinating watch about the history of the game, the competitive scene and the players in that scene.

Xav

Not interested in watching competitive players bitch that the new Smash games are not like Melee.

No thanks.

emb

Should be great. I'll make sure to chip in.
Not interested in watching competitive players bitch that the new Smash games are not like Melee.

No thanks.
Not sure if sarcastic? This is the exact other side of the story, made by and about people that play the new Smash games.

NotLiquid

The Melee documentary managed to do a lot of good for that sub-scene. I definitely hope this documentary will do the same for Smash 4.

Cody_D165

Banned
so this has nothing to do with The Smash Brothers?

other than inspiration, no. This doc will revolve around the competitive Brawl scene and the gradual transfer to Smash for Wii U.

False is a very talented video editor and I have faith in his abilities, may have to back this.

I look forward to seeing this come together. A lot of attention was brought to Melee with the one-two punch of Evo 2013 and the documentary, and I wouldn't mind seeing a similar renaissance for Brawl. :) Plus, I'm sure less people are familiar with the storylines of that game, given it's not the big game it once was.

Leiru

Just bumping this to remind everyone that the kick starter has less than 40 hours to go.

Even though it reached the goal maybe it can reach the second stretch goal.

FZZ

Banned
Just bumping this to remind everyone that the kick starter has less than 40 hours to go.

Even though it reached the goal maybe it can reach the second stretch goal.

Thank you for bumping up the thread, was just about to do so.

If you guys can or are interested please donate, this documentary would be huge for the Brawl/Smash 4 community and allow newer players to get a better idea of the scene as whole. I'm sure if they reach the second stretch goal or beyond the content produced will be even better.

Top Bottom