• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciz

Jiggy37 said:
I used to say that I expected Kirby Super Star on VC in like 2010 or 2011, when even people who got it on DS might be willing to buy it all over again. But then I thought about it some more and now I'm thinking that maybe the reason it's getting a DS remake in the first place is that Nintendo couldn't figure out how to get it supported (or at least not supported in a way that would be financially sensible) because of the special chip it used, but wanted to re-release it in some fashion.

I can't imagine that Nintendo would have trouble emulating one of their own chips.

MisterHero

[Nintex] said:
It's awesome, Sakurai had everything planned before he even started working on it. The taunts with the D-Pad the stage builder. Things that usually get added during development were already planned out by him before they even started. Sakurai might be the best game producer/director on the planet.

The content of this game is just amazing and we have only seen small parts from the storymode which was written by the scenario writer of Final Fantasy VII. Sakurai put alot of effort into this game.
You're absolutely right, Sakurai is one of my favorite developers ever because of the Kirby games and subsequently Smash. I'm just taking offense to the idea that "Sakurai does what Nintendon't".

It was absurdly pretentious when Sega said it, so I don't know how parading it now shows any respect in the name of Sakurai or towards his peers.

Trial demos only work on games that are actually good.

Not everyone is a hardcore 2D fetishist, Jiggy. :p

Sure, someone is going to play Super Metroid through a Wii Shop demo and go "OMFG AMAZING", but they likely would have purchased it after asking someone.

But then someone is going to play the Urban Champion demo having not played the game since they were seven during a rental and vaguely remember playing it with their brother and enjoying it, then remember they were stupid when they were seven and the game is awful, and Nintendo just lost $5.

The benefit Brawl has is that most of the games represented on there are actually, like, good.

my dojo flow does loops ova yos
use mario to kick yo ass while i wavedash
around final destination, no items, got class
understand youll need clinic aid when you hop on that stage
and dont forget my main
samus can manage to cause damage swiftly
like fox, but with less shorthops, and more pretty
steppin to a-n-t, you'll get 3stocked easily
maybe if i lose concentration, youll make me have remorse
but i have moderation like a mod called sp0rsk
i endore only good updates, not the bad ones
no ones glad when its a item or just a pokemon
and then this thread looses track all time
makes me wonder is some of gaf lost its mind
feuds over items on and off should be a crime
talk about pokemon races and species should be deleted easy
and theres no room for spoilers here
we only drink that dojo beer
so if you get bored and decide to talk some trash
please take that to smashboards before i kick ya ass

HA HA OH WOW

amtentori said:
DO-A-BARREL-ROLL.gif

"Scratch one bogey"

Sharp

Sciz said:
I can't imagine that Nintendo would have trouble emulating one of their own chips.
That's not really a great argument, or Sony would have included full software backwards compatibility with the PS2 in the 40GB PS3 SKU. Nonetheless, I'm sure that it's not an emulation issue--today's SNES emulators are extremely capable and are getting better every day, though thus far the system requirements for true accuracy are fairly prohibitive.

Edit: Given that bsnes doesn't actually support games that use the SA-1 chip, that was probably not the most convincing argument I could have made.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
This thread is for megatons from the dojo only.

No spoilers.

The article is about the movie mess up Nintendo made revealing some secret characters. Stuff we already know about.

Again, don't post this stuff here.

Scribble

ggnoobIGN said:
Well, it's a bunch of ?????????????????? to me. Hense why I need translation. Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled. But here:

Text is hidden. Not sure how reliable that site is anyhow since it's a Japanese one. But if it's what I'm thinking and it's true, then let teh megatons roll.

It's not allowed in the thread.... But go to GameFAQs because there's a translation there.

Akai

sp0rsk said:
The article is about the movie mess up Nintendo made revealing some secret characters. Stuff we already know about.
Actually, it's new stuff, but I guess that is besides the point... =)

Jiggy

ShockingAlberto said:
Trial demos only work on games that are actually good.

Not everyone is a hardcore 2D fetishist, Jiggy. :p
But they should be. :(
I agree with the rest of your post, though. (Including the parts I didn't quote.)

MisterHero

The webpage linked earlier had to do with the revelation of secret characters, but it's hardly credible.

So sporks deleted/modified posts.

Has this been thought of before?

Costumes, a stage, or a "fun" item that would turn your character into the 8-bit/16-bit/32-bit/64-bit version of him or herself?

Because that would be so awesome.

RagnarokX

amtentori said:
its strange that some games have a save feature even though there is a timer.....
I don't think you can save on those games, I think they come with pre-made save files so you can experience a game like Super Metroid with more powerups than you can get in the time limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom