• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Penguin said:
Awesome...
Except confirms Sonic's stage isn't open from the beginning?

I'm not convinced that this is the entire starter stage list. Melee had two stages for most of the major franchises open at the start and one for every other franchise. This seems like quite a step back.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Haha the underground version of Mushroomy Kingdom does indeed have its matching music, AND you can set its music separately from the 1-1 version of Mushroomy Kingdom. Amazing

Jiggy

Let's see here...

Mario Tennis / Mario Golf - I never heard these, but I loved Sakuraba's compositions for the GBA games, so I'll assume the GBC ones were worthwhile. +2
King K.Rool / Ship Deck 2 - OH YES DO WANT. +5
The Dark World - :D +3
Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior - One of my favorite themes, and I was always disappointed that you could only really hear it at the end. Very nice! +3
Opening / Menu (Metroid Prime) - This will be awesome to fight to. :eek: +2
Gourmet Race - I haven't listed other songs that were already in the series, but it's by Sakuraba this time? :eek: :O +4
Boss Theme Medley (Kirby Series) - Marx, please? I won't give out a score since I don't know what's in here, necessarily.
Star Wolf - Excellent choice. +2

There are more in here that I probably love and don't know I love because I don't remember them off the top of my head. But sadly I can't go looking for those because I have to wake up at like 4:45 AM. :( Oh well. Time to slap together some stats and call it a night.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I'm trying to pull myself away from the spoiler thread.

Seriously guys, if you don't want a shitton of stuff spoiled (including SSE)... stay out :O

MegaByte

dyls said:
I guess we know why they're (almost) all MIDI now. Having audio files of that many tracks (not to mention however many other there are) would take up an awful lot of space.
Not really. Tracks in SSBM took from about 1 - 8MB each. Assuming 5MB/track and 300 tracks, that's still only 1.5GB out of a maximum 9GB of space. That's 1/6 of the disc, which is in line with how much space audio took up in SSBM.

scottnak

Though, I doubt anyone is still having trouble accessing the site, it's nicely organized for ya on my post back there... Whoopee!

Re Title: Hey hey! That's from me! Sweet. :D

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The list of stuff not in Brawl becomes shorter and shorter... (and the Chronicle mode makes me fairly sure that EVERY game/series will have an entry now.)

--------------------------

Update 10 - Nintendo titles/series not present in Brawl

(Bold indicates the series/title was present in Melee.)

1080° Snowboarding
Alleyway
Animal Leader / Cubivore
Arm Wrestling (arcade)
Battleclash
Card Hero
Custom Robo
Doshin the Giant
Duck Hunt
Eternal Darkness (the ip belongs to Nintendo, I believe)
F-1 Race
Game & Watch
Golden Sun
Gumshoe
Hajimari no Mori
Happy Panechu!
HeliFire
Hogan's Alley
Hotel Dusk
Joy Mecha Fight
Kaeru no Tameni Kanha Naru (the guy that turns into a frog -- cameo in Link's Awakening)
Kururin
Magical Vacation
Marvellous
Nazo no Murasamejou
Picross
Polarium
Radar Mission
RadarScope
Sennen Kazoku
Sherriff
Short Order & Eggsplode
Sky Skipper
Solar Striker
Space Fever
Space Firebird / Space Demon
Space Launcher
Star Tropics
Stunt Race FX
Sutte Hakkun
Tantei Club
Teleroboxer
Time Twist
To The Earth
Tomato Adventure
Trace Memory
Urban Champion
Wave Race
Yakuman (Mahjong)
Yuu Yuu Ki

SOME of the generic sports titles

Stuff formerly/incorrectly on this list:

Big Brain Academy -- Music
Brain Age -- Music
Chosoju Mecha MG -- Music
Mario & Luigi Partners in Time -- Music
Mario Tennis/Golf -- Music
Super Princess Peach -- Parry sticker
Shin Onigashima -- Music (New Ogre/Demon Island)
Wii Sports / Play -- Music

There needs to be a limited audiophile edition soundtrack in a leather book or something nifty like that. Preferably a high resolution version in DVD-Audio or SACD. This kicks the ass of even the biggest Final Fantasy audio collections. There will be multiple volumes of this awesomeness.

Sciz

I'd just like to take this moment to say that there will never be a better soundtrack.

Ever.

For anything.

600 songs for SSB4 in 2017 believe

Dreavus

MrCheez said:
I'm trying to pull myself away from the spoiler thread.

Seriously guys, if you don't want a shitton of stuff spoiled (including SSE)... stay out :O

I know man, it's tough. Ive seen some things there I think I'd rather have seen when I played it for myself. =/

But...so much new info...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
DavidDayton said:
The list of stuff not in Brawl becomes shorter and shorter... (and the Chronicle mode makes me fairly sure that EVERY game/series will have an entry now.)

--------------------------

*huge list*
You can probably cross Game and Watch off that list, too. Game and Watch was visible as a console category in the screencap of the Chronicle mode page.

I never would have expected the Dark World theme, but it's an awesome choice none of the less since it's one of the few ALttP songs that didn't carry over to another game.

Malfunky

I recommend you guys look up your favorite listed tracks on YouTube or something. It will get you even more pumped.

Just listened to Star Wolf and just about busted a nut.

Iam Canadian

KittenMaster said:
I never would have expected the Dark World theme, but it's an awesome choice none of the less since it's one of the few ALttP songs that didn't carry over to another game.

Technically, we've known about the Dark World since the original My Music update.

Still, you're right, it's great to see it.

Iam Canadian

Malfunky said:
I recommend you guys look up your favorite listed tracks on YouTube or something. It will get you even more pumped.

Just listened to Star Wolf and just about busted a nut.

I listened to the Dark World theme.

OH GOD THE NOSTALGIA IT'S OVERWHELMING ME IT'S OVER 9000 AAAARGH

*Faints*

Jiggy

Actually, I can't throw fully accurate stats together, because both IE and Firefox are totally unable to get me into the Smash Bros. Dojo right now for whatever reason. :/ But whatever.

-This update, whatever it's called, is the 24th music update, surpassing final smashes and stages. The usual dance. However, it's only one behind characters at this point!

-Only 1 day of updates remaining, and then we've got the full, widespread Japanese release. :D We'll probably know most of the things we want to know by then. (I say "we" in the general sense. Even if all the characters and stages are revealed, there are many, many things I'd still like to know--such as what the Event Matches are, what all the post-match bonus awards are, how many stickers there are, what all the music is.)

That's... actually all there is to say. >_> Edit: But, on a personal note, I want to reiterate that I said even yesterday that I would pay full-price for just the music alone. Yesterday. Not when we knew these 100+ songs as the starting list. :p Don't sound so crazy now, huh? :p

Tristam

Jiggy37 said:
Let's see here...

Mario Tennis / Mario Golf - I never heard these, but I loved Sakuraba's compositions for the GBA games, so I'll assume the GBC ones were worthwhile. +2
King K.Rool / Ship Deck 2 - OH YES DO WANT. +5
The Dark World - :D +3
Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior - One of my favorite themes, and I was always disappointed that you could only really hear it at the end. Very nice! +3
Opening / Menu (Metroid Prime) - This will be awesome to fight to. :eek: +2
Gourmet Race - I haven't listed other songs that were already in the series, but it's by Sakuraba this time? :eek: :O +4
Boss Theme Medley (Kirby Series) - Marx, please? I won't give out a score since I don't know what's in here, necessarily.
Star Wolf - Excellent choice. +2

There are more in here that I probably love and don't know I love because I don't remember them off the top of my head. But sadly I can't go looking for those because I have to wake up at like 4:45 AM. :( Oh well. Time to slap together some stats and call it a night.

Isn't that the one heard right at the beginning of the game (when it shows Samus going through her first two exploits)? If so...FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES. Probably my favorite Metroid music ever next to Maridia's second theme.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
Actually, I can't throw fully accurate stats together, because both IE and Firefox are totally unable to get me into the Smash Bros. Dojo right now for whatever reason. :/ But whatever.

I think Sakurai is trying to thwart your sinister NeoGAF-member-replacing-with-androids scheme. You see, without access to the necessary data that you require, your androids will be unable to perform to full capacity and will promptly shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom