• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I love Girl Jiggy-Bot's random digressions into Zero Suit Samus and Peach hate, egged on by Guy Jiggy. Highlight of the night's stats, no doubt. :lol

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Iam Canadian said:
I love Girl Jiggy-Bot's random digressions into Zero Suit Samus and Peach hate, egged on by Guy Jiggy. Highlight of the night's stats, no doubt. :lol

I like to read it in my head as if Collette (that is Collette in the avatar, right?) is saying it in a high pitched voice. :lol

How can you hate Samus :( She is the original lady of gaming!

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
I kind of like the blatant anti-Friday bias and spin, the Lucario hate, the part where she says creatures don't count as guys, and the part where she doesn't know the word "respectively." But I like everything, I guess!

MrCheez said:
I like to read it in my head as if Collette (that is Collette in the avatar, right?) is saying it in a high pitched voice. :lol

How can you hate Samus :( She is the original lady of gaming!
Yes, it's Colette. But, actually, I kind of conceived the Girl Mode voice when I was reading those little cutesy text blurbs for each of the multiple selectable outfits of a certain "female" robot in a certain PSP game which was powered up and stars a character who can't be mentioned in this thread. >_>

I don't think anyone hates Samus. The ZSS design has always annoyed me, though. :( Just something about the way her head is shaped and something about her lips... I prefer the Super Metroid post-game design.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
I kind of like the blatant anti-Friday bias and spin, the Lucario hate, the part where she says creatures don't count as guys, and the part where she doesn't know the word "respectively." But I like everything, I guess!

It was all awesome, of course. That one part I cited just stuck out the most in my mind. :D

Jiggy37 said:
I don't think anyone hates Samus. The ZSS design has always annoyed me, though. :( Just something about the way her head is shaped and something about her lips... I prefer the Super Metroid post-game design.

Thank goodness, I'm not the only one. >_> For some reason, I never liked how Samus' face looked in the Zero Mission art. It just didn't look...right.

For that matter, I wasn't so fond of any of her Metroid Prime looks, either.

Super Metroid's design was probably the best, but I'm also rather fond of her Fusion design.

ending_fusion_e4.jpg

(Not an) Edit: Holy crap. When I Google image searched for an example picture of Fusion Samus, the first result was one of my own posts in the spoiler thread. :O

MrCheez

Yeah I have to agree.. something about her face is meh... and I'm not a big fan of the ponytail. Still though... it's SAMUS so I wuv her

Here is another awesome pic (fanart?) of fusion samus, which was a nice design:

samus_2.jpg

scottnak

Jiggy37 said:

Yes, it's Colette. But, actually, I kind of conceived the Girl Mode voice when I was reading those little cutesy text blurbs for each of the multiple selectable outfits of a certain "female" robot in a certain PSP game which was powered up and stars a character who can't be mentioned in this thread. >_>

Inspriation for the Jiggy posts of humor stats and mindbogglingness.
Amazing I say. Amazing.

Oh, and as for my portion, I expect to be done by saturday!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
MrCheez said:
Yeah I have to agree.. something about her face is meh... and I'm not a big fan of the ponytail. Still though... it's SAMUS so I wuv her

samus_2.jpg

Seems no worse to me then Zero Suit Samus...and more revealing you pervs

Iam Canadian

MrCheez said:
Yeah I have to agree.. something about her face is meh... and I'm not a big fan of the ponytail.

Yeah, a ponytail doesn't suit Samus at all. Still, I suppose it would be more practical if she's cramming her head into that tiny helmet.

MrCheez said:
Still though... it's SAMUS so I wuv her

This I can agree with. She's easily one of my favourite female video game characters.

MrCheez said:

samus_2.jpg

I think Super Metroid is the "definitive" Samus design, but my personal favourite is the Fusion design.

That's some awesome fanart, incidentally.

HK-47 said:
Seems no worse to me then Zero Suit Samus...and more revealing you pervs

We're talking about her face and hair design right now, HK. >_>

Jiggy

Fusion Samus was great in most of her pictures, looking very capable, intelligent, and independent. But yeah, Zero Mission Samus... :/

http://vgmaps.com/Other/OtherStuff/Metroid-ZeroMission-Collage-Endings.png

Ugh. The stupid-heavy lipstick, the pointy shape of her head... I really can't stand it, and it makes her look too generic. I also hate the zero suit itself, but that's a lesser problem than her face. D: To be honest, she looks like some desperate female who tries too hard and puts on too much makeup. It's kind of depressing.

Anyway, will return tomorrow for more fun and whatnot.

MrCheez

Actually I take it all back, this is the best Samus design and the one that should have been in Brawl:

chibisamusxt0.gif

chibi samus!!!

(i'm done now)

Jiggy

MrCheez said:
Actually I take it all back, this is the best Samus design and the one that should have been in Brawl:

chibisamusxt0.gif

(i'm done now)
Oh, absolutely my favorite too. :D
And I'm done now also.
For now.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Her face is fine and the ponytail makes sense to keep her hair in order...though honestly she probably should cut it. That way it doesnt get in the way period.

Holy crap Jiggy I dont even know what you are saying. Lipstick is yeah weird but she is far more practical give her profession (bodysuit, hair keep in order)

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
Fusion Samus was great in most of her pictures, looking very capable, intelligent, and independent. But yeah, Zero Mission Samus... :/

Ugh. The stupid-heavy lipstick, the pointy shape of her head... I really can't stand it, and it makes her look too generic. I also hate the zero suit itself, but that's a lesser problem than her face. D: To be honest, she looks like some desperate female who tries too hard and puts on too much makeup. It's kind of depressing.

Personally, I have no real problem with the Zero Suit itself. I kind of like it, actually. It seems like it's a practical enough outfit to wear underneath the Power Suit.

Also, those pictures remind me of how awesome it would be if Chozo Training Suit Samus was a Zamus alternate. It also reminds me of how I'd like to see Samus' early years, not to mention the Chozo, explored in more depth at some point in the future.

MrCheez said:

[Imageshack image that shouldn't be used, Cheezy. I wouldn't want to see you banned. Same goes for the rest of you that quoted it.]

That's adorable.

HK-47 said:
Her face is fine and the ponytail makes sense to keep her hair in order...though honestly she probably should cut it. That way it doesnt get in the way period.

Her face looks unpleasant and generic. I don't like it. :(

Jiggy37 said:

YOU try to stay looking good whilst traveling around the galaxy shooting up space monsters.

I double dare you.

To be honest.. I've always been really disappointed in Samus' out of suit design. I mean, she's a hardened space mercenary, then she takes off that helmet... and looks like every other typical female game character ever. I always hoped they would have gone the high road and made her look like a kick ass alien fighting chick should look:
aliens_l.jpg

MrCheez

thanks for the heads-up, my Canadian friend! Rehosted the image.

One fact we do have to remember is that this is a younger version of Samus. (From her "Zero Mission") But anyway I think the Brawl ZSS has a much more appealing face depending on the angle.

zerosuit_samus_070719a-l.jpg

She looks good in game anyway and is REALLY REALLY fun to play as, so all is well in the end I think :)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
BuddhaRockstar said:
To be honest.. I've always been really disappointed in Samus' out of suit design. I mean, she's a hardened space mercenary, then she takes off that helmet... and looks like every other typical female game character ever. I always hoped they would have gone the high road and made her look like a kick ass alien fighting chick should look:
aliens_l.jpg

Stereotyping kick ass female space chicks

Iam Canadian

BuddhaRockstar said:
aliens_l.jpg

To be fair, I'm sure she does look dishevelled like that after a firefight with Space Pirates or something. The pictures we see in the Metroid game endings are clearly depicting Samus in her leisure time.

That, or her Chozo technology makes her so powerful that she can decimate Metroids and Space Pirates without any kind of effort. But that doesn't come through when I play. >_<

MrCheez said:
thanks for the heads-up, my Canadian friend! Rehosted the image.

Not a problem at all. ;) I'd hate to see such upstanding fellows as yourself and Jiggy banned.

Speaking of which, Jiggy's post still has the old URL. I hope he's still here. >_>

MrCheez

Iam Canadian said:
Not a problem at all. ;) I'd hate to see such upstanding fellows as yourself and Jiggy banned.

Speaking of which, Jiggy's post still has the old URL. I hope he's still here. >_>

you could never ban Jiggy... he'd be a martyr... the entire dojo thread community would rise up in outrage and wage war against the mods in his name! :eek: (meanwhile the banned jiggy would calculate the rebelling posts and preset us with all the statistics when he finally became unbanned)

Iam Canadian

MrCheez said:
you could never ban Jiggy... he'd be a martyr... the entire dojo thread community would rise up in outrage and wage war against the mods in his name! :eek: (meanwhile the banned jiggy would calculate the rebelling posts and preset us with all the statistics when he finally became unbanned)

Can you imagine what would happen to Jiggy in the interim before his unbanning?

Without GAF as an outlet for his Brawl hype, his quantity of personalities would triple.

MrCheez

Iam Canadian said:
Can you imagine what would happen to Jiggy in the interim before his unbanning?

Without GAF as an outlet for his Brawl hype, his quantity of personalities would triple.

:lol

<3 Jiggy. I can't wait for the final statistics wrap-up when the Dojo ends!! :O

Iam Canadian

I take a bit of solace in the fact that the Dojo thread is so dead now, it won't even generate enough traffic for Jiggy to be gold frogged.

Besides, we're off of that page now.

(In all seriousness, I don't think Jiggy will be banned. I doubt sp0rsk is so unreasonable as to ban someone as awesome as Jiggy for something like quoting a post with an Imageshack URL in it.)

MrCheez

Jiggy should be OK... besides I have a feeling that when he wakes up he typically goes back and reads all the posts he missed while he was sleeping (I know I do... c'mon many of us are that obsessed!) :D

Iam Canadian said:
the Dojo thread is so dead now

You know we've talked about this before, but I am reallyreallyreally going to miss the Dojo thread. Many of us have invested SO much time in here over the months... as dorky as it is it really was a part of my daily (EVERY single day) routine for the longest time.

On the bright side, though..... soon we're all going to get to brawl eachother :D

Iam Canadian

MrCheez said:
Jiggy should be OK... besides I have a feeling that when he wakes up he typically goes back and reads all the posts he missed while he was sleeping (I know I do... c'mon many of us are that obsessed!) :D

I do that every day. I can't miss a bit of Smash-related posting.

Besides, if I didn't, I'd miss awesome stuff like that Kirby Giygas in the spoiler thread. :D

MrCheez said:
You know we've talked about this before, but I am reallyreallyreally going to miss the Dojo thread. Many of us have invested SO much time in here over the months... as dorky as it is it really was a part of my daily (EVERY single day) routine for the longest time.

The one positive aspect is soon we're all going to get to brawl eachother :D

This is true. I really feel an attachment to this thread and all of you in it. We formed a really pleasant little community and I really enjoy chatting with you all. I spent a lot of time in this thread - a lot of time - but I feel that it was time well-spent. It may seem bizarre to have so much emotional investment in a message board thread, but...well, I'm a bizarre guy. :D Seriously, though, you're the best posters I've had the privilege of talking with on NeoGAF. All of you. Even SuperAngelo.

I truly can't wait to annihilate you all with Lucas in Brawl. :D

NeonZ

Powering up as he gets hurt? An open palm attack which hurts without touching the opponent? Dodging an attack and leaving static images behind? A Kamehameha? :lol Goku as a Lucario clone confirmed for the next SSB?

But, even so, this only makes me sad that Mewtwo isn't in this game : /. The moveset seems really different, but most of Lucario's good features, especially the long range attacks, would work very well with Mewtwo too.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
So Lucario looks awesome fun to play as, no?!

This was the one character I really wanted to be in Brawl from the start, right back when they first announced the game's existence in 2005. Of course his existence in the game was spoiled to us a while back due to that accidental hiccup on the official game footage from Nintendo, but it's good to at least get a full-sized image of him...

zoukka

You know calling ZSS anything but "lame" is pretending.

zerosuit_samus_070719a-l.jpg

This is probably the last image you would have of Samus after kicking ass and saving planets and removing her equipment. Even a cliched angst-samus would have been better than that Barbiedoll. Short hair, more "cabable looking physique etc.

And I know she can't look like a lesbian-trucker but jeez there already are two blonde cutiepies on Nintendoland!

webrunner

If you look at the Metroid games in chronological order, Samus looks older in each one (except the Prime games which basically just used whatever the last released japanese game was using)

Here's a few things to keep in mind:
1) Samus' hair makes more sense up like in Zero Mission then down like in the other games. She wears a helmet.

2) Samus probably doesn't really care about the sexuality of her undersuit. She doesn't ever intend to be seen in public without her power suit anyway.

3) The zero suit makes more sense then SPACE BIKINI

jwj442

I thought they did a good job with her in the Metroid Prime ending:
180px-Samus_sans_helmet.jpg

Really not a fan of the Zero Suit design at all. Unfortunately, it seems it's become the standard since Zero Mission. :(

MisterHero

BuddhaRockstar said:
aliens_l.jpg
screw her

sarah connor >>>>> ellen ripley

CassSept

BuddhaRockstar said:
I really hope for your sake that one day, a black hole creates an alternate dimension in which Pokemon exist. You will be crowned its king. Until then, best keep these sort of things to yourself...
I dunno what you are all amazed with. Its pretty well known among pokeman...ummm fans? that these one-time only pokemons (starters, fossils, pokemons like snorlax) have 87.5% chance of being male and 12.5% of being female.

Cynar

CassSept said:
I dunno what you are all amazed with. Its pretty well known among pokeman...ummm fans? that these one-time only pokemons (starters, fossils, pokemons like snorlax) have 87.5% chance of being male and 12.5% of being female.

yuppers! everyone knows that stuff pretty much if they've played pokemon and do any sort of competitive battling.

The artist behind the remix of "Tetris Type B" is a god damn genius. I kid you not I've been able to listen to it on repeat for like 20 times now. It's just such an incredibly catchy tune.

BuddhaRockstar said:
aliens_l.jpg
alien.jpg

Jiggy

viewtiful_dru said:
YOU try to stay looking good whilst traveling around the galaxy shooting up space monsters.

I double dare you.
But the whole problem is that Zero Mission Samus is trying too hard to stay looking good. She shouldn't be bothering with uber heavy lipstick and it doesn't make sense in the context of her character. I mean, that Power Suit is so advanced it probably keeps her in pretty optimal condition in all regards to health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom