• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
OMG GUYS 5 minutes until the update!!!!!!!!

Remember how excited we all used to get at this time of night? :(

I am going to open up tabs for all the different languages and F5 them all as fast as I can to see which updates first. Y'know, just for old times sake.

Dreavus

WiiRevolution1 said:
Well...this is it.....only 5 update days left.

1 characer left...no stages left (I think...)...1 snapshots galore update....and 3 filler updates...

WOW......the Dojo can't stop! NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...:(

.....it will be back for Smash 4....it WILL.

Wait...WHAT?!

Damn, now what will I do at 11 everyday? Sakurai has slowly ruined my internal clock for the past 9 months, how the hell am I supposed to get back on track? :lol

MrCheez

Wolf!

hidden12.jpg

And with that, the Dojo officially lists every character in the game ! :O

Firestorm

Looks like he just went all out. I wonder if it's really over now or if he'll continue updating until we at least get all the stages?

Edit: Wait, never mind . we got all the stages!

Dreavus

Wolf...

I can STILL hardly believe he has a Landmaster as well. I remember when the first off-screen photos of it were being posted, I kept wanting to believe they were just colour-changing photoshops. :lol

Jiggy

We're not done just yet. Still need explanations of crawling, swimming, tripping, and wall jumping, and that promised second screenshot blowout update.

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
Edit: Wait, never mind . we got all the stages!
No, we didn't. I'm surprised you of all people didn't realize which one we haven't seen yet. >_> That would be like crowphoenix not realizing it, or something.

Jiggy37 said:
No, we didn't. I'm surprised you of all people didn't realize which one we haven't seen yet. >_> That would be like crowphoenix not realizing it, or something.
Yea we still have the Pirate Ship....

So 1 stage...

1 Screenshot update...with good bye....

and 2 filler updates...

This is it...the final 4 update days....

Well its been great. I followed the dojo news and checked several sites each day to see their reaction....

Well...everyone....see you in 8 or so more years for Super Smash Bros. 4!!!!!!!!!! (or Super Smash Bros. DS if that ever comes)

We all know Shash is'nt done nomader what they say!

So heres toSmash 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Firestorm

Jiggy37 said:

oops. I thought there were 5 on each row of the stage page for some reason. Thought 5 x 8 + 1 and got 41.

And yeah. One of the best stages in the game ^_^

Jiggy

-March 31st is the 220th update day, kicking off the 45th week. W-will it be the final? D: Or the second-to-final? D: Can our sleeping schedules ever return to normal? Can they ever recover? YOU MUST RECOVER! I--I--what are we going to do?

-Wolf is the 267th update. How many more do we have to go until we never see another one? ;_;

-Character profiles will forever stand at 37, and special moves probably at 36. Why does it stand at 36? Because Ness and Marth probably won't get them (despite never getting the real special moves update format), but Pokemon Trainer got two: an update for switching and then another update for the Pokemon themselves. It does make one wonder if perhaps another Kirby special moves update is on the way, to talk about his non-Inhale moves.

-Final smashes probably end at 33, tied with stages (but stages have another update to come). However, R.O.B.'s final smash was never talked about in any kind of detail, so maybe there's that.

-Even though Girl Mode changed the past and decided that these built-in special moves and final smash updates count as legitimate, Monday still winds up being the day with the least number of updates overall. >_> But more on that when the Dojo really does finally close. Monday is, however, now in third place for triple updates.

-Monday advances to tie with Tue-kun for second place on final smashes, at 7 each, behind Thursy's 9.

hey girl mode
what
why doesn't monday have a cutesy name
oh that's because she's very formal and particular
oh

-Wolf gets 14 screenshots: one more than Ivysaur, tied with Squirtle and R.O.B., and below everybody else. Falco jumps from 12 to 16, skipping past all of the above and also Ness and Mr. Game & Watch, and coming to tie with Jigglypuff and Toon Link. Shorts-For-Legs (Lucario) moves from 25 to 26, tying fellow Pokemon Charizard and passing I'm-Technically-Still-A-Princess (Sheik). Fox falls short of the 100 club, but does skip from 94 to 99, passing Donkey Kong (95) and Yoshi (98).

~He still won't say goodbye? -_- Like, that's pretty loserlyish... But I'll say goodbye!~

MrCheez

Tue-kun :lol

Anyway, I still can't believe we have EVERY CHARACTER PROFILE now. Think of how long it took us to get here, guys!

wowowowow

NeonZ

The Dojo didn't even put any notice about revealing every character. Disappointing, I was kind of hoping for an update about the cast selection.

Anyway, I've just recently unlocked Wolf, after taking my time to unlock the characters. It made me wish those cut characters found in the game's data were in, even if most of them were only roster filler... : /

Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Toon Zelda, Toon Shiek, Dixie Kong, and Plusle&Minun.

Though, were those guys in, I'd be complaining about how including
"Toon Shiek"
rather than
"Tetra"
would be stupid :lol

MisterHero

NeonZ said:
The Dojo didn't even put any notice about revealing every character. Disappointing, I was kind of hoping for an update about the cast selection.

Anyway, I've just recently unlocked Wolf, after taking my time to unlock the characters. It made me wish those cut characters found in the game's data were in, even if most of them were only roster filler... : /

Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Toon Zelda, Toon Shiek, Dixie Kong, and Plusle&Minun.

Though, were those guys in, I'd be complaining about how including
"Toon Shiek"
rather than
"Tetra"
would be stupid :lol
It would have been stupid because we would never be able to settle the Pirates vs. Ninjas debate. :(

KingDirk

Crushed said:
Huh. I didn't know that Wolf's Reflector actually made you invincible for a moment and dodge attacks.

I really can't wait to try that. I use Wolf much more than any of the other Starfox characters, but I've really not touched on his B moves too much. He's really fun to play, though.

MisterHero

it's amazing that those models look just as good in-game. even toon link looks great with the realistic shading. :lol

but it needs more street fighter

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
And so, the circle is finally complete. We now have the entire character roster on the Dojo.

And yet Sakurai still throws in one last tease by not actually confirming that the entire roster is up now.

The end is nigh, my friends.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Iam Canadian said:
And so, the circle is finally complete. We now have the entire character roster on the Dojo.

And yet Sakurai still throws in one last tease by not actually confirming that the entire roster is up now.

The end is nigh, my friends.
"Oh, by the way, if you fight this sequence of characters in this order while playing this specific type of Special Brawl with Snake, you'll unlock Simon Belmont, whose files on the disk were conveniently labeled as something completely different and misleading."

Iam Canadian

Crushed said:
"Oh, by the way, if you fight this sequence of characters in this order while playing this specific type of Special Brawl with Snake, you'll unlock Simon Belmont, whose files on the disk were conveniently labeled as something completely different and misleading."

Oh, so that's what the Plusle and Minun files were for!

Theres only 4 updates days left (Including this one)

Wonder what it is?

OMG Im gonna miss the dofo :(

EDIT: Pirate Ship!

NOW THERES ONLY 3 UPDATES LEFT! NNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jiggy

WiiRevolution1 said:
Theres only 4 updates days left (Including this one)

Wonder what it is?

OMG Im gonna miss the dofo :(

EDIT: Pirate Ship!

NOW THERES ONLY 3 UPDATES LEFT! NNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You've missed something important:

The Dojo said:
The Smash Bros. Dojo's daily updates will stop on April 14th.
Just a bit more to go!
So, actually, 9 updates remain.

It's too bad the last update couldn't be downloadable content. Silly, useless dream. But dream it I shall.

What can he talk about for so many more updates? I'm pumped. :lol

Jiggy37 said:
Please be a button code to unlock Subspace Emissary stages for use in multiplayer. Please. D:

Enter up, down, down, down, up, down, down, left, left, left, right, down, up, down, left, down, up, down, down, down, up, left, right, down, down, down, down, down, up, up, left, left, right, right, right, up, down, down, up, left, right, right, right, down, down, left, down, up, up, up, down, down, left, left, up, down, down, down, up, down, down, left, left, left, right, down, up, down, left, down, up, down, down, down, up, left, right, down, down, down, down, down, up, up, left, left, right, right, right, up, down, down, up, left, right, right, right, down, down, left, down, up, up, up, down, down, left, left at the title screen followed by A and start.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
crowphoenix said:
Enter up, down, down, down, up, down, down, left, left, left, right, down, up, down, left, down, up, down, down, down, up, left, right, down, down, down, down, down, up, up, left, left, right, right, right, up, down, down, up, left, right, right, right, down, down, left, down, up, up, up, down, down, left, left, up, down, down, down, up, down, down, left, left, left, right, down, up, down, left, down, up, down, down, down, up, left, right, down, down, down, down, down, up, up, left, left, right, right, right, up, down, down, up, left, right, right, right, down, down, left, down, up, up, up, down, down, left, left at the title screen followed by A and start.

At the same speed required for the Samus to ZSS taunt.

Jiggy

~So Pirate Ship is the 34th stage and our last one, and Tue-kun will forever and ever and ever be the CEO of Stages, because she introduced us to 10 of them. *^^* That's more than Fri-chan's 8 or Monday's 6, and Wendy and Thursy only brought 10 to our dance if you count them together, because they found 5 each...~

~We--I don't know how to say it, but I can't talk about the five types of friends we haven't seen for a long time anymore, because there aren't five. ;_; Item-tans and assisties and all the Pokemon and the characters and the moves and FSes and stage-tans left to live in Japan for six or seven or eight or nine years and we won't be hearing from them for a while unless they finish their studies early. ;_; But musics and how-tos and adventures and game modes might visit soon, so... Oh, I don't know what to say to finish...~

~Okay, happier note! Zelly's series had 18 showings. *^^*~

~Chibi Link passed Falco and Jigglypuff today. Zelly and Bowser decided to date for April Fool's, so today, together, they held hands and went from 61 to 62 photos. And that's very sweet! But, more of a downer (!), Ugly Samus also went from being behind Lucas to being ahead of him. -_-; No, I'm not--N.O.T.--telling you how many pictures they each had. It's just embarrassing to think about how many times Ugly Samus appeared. -_-; Oh! Speaking of ugly, Peach passed Meta Knight and Snake too. I'm not talking about her either, though! You'll just have to wait for someone more fair than me. Sorry!~

~Good evening to thee! (Eee, I sound so cool like that...!)~

MrCheez

yey my favorite stage in the game :D So much fun. I wish the bombs, catapult, and devouring front-end of the ship OF DOOM weren't so devastating though

Jiggy37 said:
Please be a button code to unlock Subspace Emissary stages for use in multiplayer. Please. D:

I think I would have a heart attack from pure joy overload. Seriously... It would be like a dream come true. HOWHOWHOW could they not let us use all those awesome stages from SSE in multiplayer? They could have just made a separate page for those stages (like how there is a melee page and a custom stages page)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
MrCheez said:
I think I would have a heart attack from pure joy overload. Seriously... It would be like a dream come true. HOWHOWHOW could they not let us use all those awesome stages from SSE in multiplayer? They could have just made a separate page for those stages (like how there is a melee page and a custom stages page)

...am I the only person who doesn't "get" the love for all the SSE "stages" as battle maps? I mean, most of them are fairly plain and generic, and are either yet another rendition of "flat space with two platforms" or could easily be made with the stage builder.

MrCheez

DavidDayton said:
...am I the only person who doesn't "get" the love for all the SSE "stages" as battle maps? I mean, most of them are fairly plain and generic, and are either yet another rendition of "flat space with two platforms" or could easily be made with the stage builder.

Eh.. I just want more variety and more locations to choose from. You can never have too many stages :p

Yeah you can recreate a lot of them with stage builder technically, but I want more than 3 backgrounds to choose from soooo bad. It gets to the point that no matter how unique your custom stages are they start to all feel the same because they use the same templates.

Iam Canadian

For what it's worth, the Pirate Ship is actually one of my favourite stages. I like the sheer variety that it offers, not to mention the Wind Waker motif.

The catapult really gets annoying sometimes, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom