• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
RocketDarkness said:
hidden10_080325d-l.jpg

I can show you the wooooorld~

turk128 said:
So... in a roundabout way, Jigglypuff is a "What's Your Anti-Drug?" ad?

Jigglypuff, my anti-drug.

Firestorm

Hanenbow is such a weird stage name. Shoulda kept it Elecktroplankton >_> Not like anyone played it so they won't know what the Hanenbow are anyway!

Jiggy

-Stages hit 33 updates and tie with special moves.

-Our least recent still-possible update types become music, how to play, adventure mode, game mode, and the character/special moves/final smash tie.

-Electroplankton as a "series" hits 1 update and ties with Nintendo DS. Come to think of it, I wonder why they just didn't apply the Nintendo DS symbol to both. >_>

-Electroplankton joins Animal Crossing and Nintendo DS on the list of symbols with no playable characters. It also joins F-Zero, Nintendo DS, and R.O.B. on the list of symbols without a music update.

-Wednesday is now tied with Thursday as the last place for Stage Bringer, at 5 each.

-Peach gets a screenshot and ties with fellow We Hate Jiggy Club member Ike at 77.

Jiggy37 said:
On a happier note, Symbol Number 23! :O

Updated icon list! :D

1. Smash Bros.
world_w_01.gif

2. Donkey Kong
world_w_02.gif

3. Star Fox
world_w_03.gif

4. Kirby
world_w_04.gif

5. F-Zero
world_w_05.gif

6. Metroid
world_w_06.gif

7. Earthbound
world_w_07.gif

8. Pokemon
world_w_08.gif

9. The Legend of Zelda
world_w_09.gif

10. Mario
world_w_10.gif

11. Yoshi
world_w_11.gif

12. Fire Emblem
world_w_12.gif

13. Mr. Game & Watch
world_w_13.gif

14. Ice Climber
world_w_14.gif

15. Animal Crossing
world_w_15.gif

16. WarioWare
world_w_16.gif

17. Metal Gear
world_w_17.gif

18. Kid Icarus
world_w_18.gif

19. R.O.B.
world_w_19.gif

20. Sonic
world_w_20.gif

21. DS
world_w_21.gif

22. Pikmin
world_w_22.gif

23. Electroplankton
world_w_23.gif

:D

Jiggy

Jiggy37 said:
Tell me, King of Evil, now when did you last let your heart decide?
~I can show you the world
Living, wondrous, splendid
Tell me, King of Evil, now when did
You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes,
Show you pathways to freedom
Visiting Hyrule to greet ‘em
Without committing genocide

A whole new world,
That you won’t rule, that you won’t own
We’ll live in this peaceful town
No Master Sword around
To put an end to your scheming

A whole new world
A kind of life I never had
But way up here with you
It’s clear I never knew
How long I’d truly been dreaming~

What have you done, RocketDarkness? What have you done? D:

Jiggy37 said:
~I can open your eyes, show you pathways to freedom
Visiting Hyrule to greet 'em without committing genocide
A whole new world, that you won't rule, that you won't own
We'll live in a peaceful town
No Master Sword around
To put an end to your scheming~

What have you done, RocketDarkness? What have you done? D:
Created a masterpiece, apparently. :lol

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Remember when crazy internet people were so sure that the DS icon meant that a playable character had to go along with it? Good times.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Playable DS would have been awesome. Although we did at least get our playable piece of Nintendo hardware in the form of R.O.B. And I love R.O.B. :D

You know, it might have just made more sense to give the Electroplankton stage the DS symbol. It's not like I expect to see an Electroplankton character revealed on the Dojo or anything. ;)

Firestorm

Interestingly enough, I just found Elecktroplankton at my school's library. Has a picture of each one, including Hanenbow on the back of the box! Didn't recognize anything else and won't remember

Jiggy

<Side Special Move: Chain>

This weapon is hidden up Sheik’s sleeve.

If you simply press the special-move button once, Sheik will just produce a floppy stringlike object and then quickly put it away. Not much to write home about.
I'll say.

<Down Special Move: Transform>

This move transforms Sheik into Zelda. After the transformation is complete, you’re helpless for a moment, but during the flashing portion of the actual transformation, you’re completely invulnerable to attack.

"So I can dodge Final Smashes with this," you say? Indeed, such daring maneuvers are possible.
Huh. Didn't think of that one. :eek:

scottnak

Hm. Does that mean pokemon transfers have a similar effect while in transit?
Makes sense... not good for me if I get my grubby hands on one. heh.

Iam Canadian

I'm surprised that they mentioned the Final Smash dodging characteristic for Zelda's specials, and not the Pokemon Trainer's.

It's a nice way to turn the game's loading time to your advantage, at any rate.

Firestorm

I liked the old needles so much more :( I used them in mid air a lot, and if there's something I prided myself in it was my aim with needles!

Iam Canadian

As did I. In Melee, if I was going to use the Zelda/Sheik character, I was always Sheik, no questions asked. Zelda was hardly ever used, especially once I learned that you could start a match as Sheik.

In Brawl, it's quite the opposite. Zelda's heavy-hitting moves have led me to use her and almost forsake Sheik entirely.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sometimes it's just hard to get a bead on someone with Zelda, so I like the fact that switching is actually worth it this time around.

Wow...6 update days left.....its been such a great time reading the dojo and looking at new info or megatons....I just will never get used to not waking up to look at the new dojo news...or staying up all night waiting for it...good...bye....dojo....good....bye....Sakurai!

.....:(

Jiggy

~My favorite Thursy has brought us a present, and it's the 41st double update. Yay! ^_^~

~Let's see let's see, what else--oh, we've seen 45 game modes and 34 special moves (that's one more than stages!), so that means everybody has them except for Ness and Marth. But they kind of have them, you know.~

~We haven't seen music, how to play, adventure mode, character profile/FSes, or stages for a while. Come visit. ;_;~

~Zelly's series, Legend of Zelda, has starred on the Dojo 14 times just like Kirby. (Sorry, Zelly, but I have to admit, Kirby's a lot cuter and a better star than you...)~

~Samus broke her tie with Yoshi and made the 100 Picture Club today! And yes, that's Real Samus, not Ugly New Style Samus. Zelly appeared once too and she's back with Bowser at 61.~

~Sheik dropped by 8 times today and passed by Captain Falcon, Princess Marth, and Jigglypuff's Beau, and tied with that one Pokemon with legs that look like genie shorts or whatever. (Wait, isn't he supposed to come from Egyptian mythology, not Arabic mythology? [Yes, that was kind of perceptive for me. ^__^;])~

~King Dedede--hey! Guy Mode, why does his trophy count for a shot but not any of those other pictures? o_O What? You don't know? How can you not know? You made that rule yourself! You did, but you don't know? Should we rename you Irrational Mode? Do you just think of stuff however you want and stand by it just because? o_O It's like if I said Zelly and Sheik should count together, so they'd have 86 screenshots, because that way they'd be better than Peach just like they actually are, and--ooh, actually, I kind of like that idea. What's that? I'd have to count Real Samus and UNS Samus together too? Why? You're irrational, so I can be irrational too, can't I? Inconsistent? But I guess I should be better than you, so I won't. Hey, come back here--you never explained about King Dedede!~

Firestorm

WiiRevolution1 said:
Wow...6 update days left.....its been such a great time reading the dojo and looking at new info or megatons....I just will never get used to not waking up to look at the new dojo news...or staying up all night waiting for it...good...bye....dojo....good....bye....Sakurai!

Maybe he'll keep updating just a bit longer?

KevinCow

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Huh. Didn't think of that one. :eek:
You know, if someone really wanted to be a dick, they could pause the game and wait a couple of seconds for Sheik or Zelda to load, which would make it so they appear right as they unpaused, thus screwing over your attempt to doge the Final Smash.

WiiRevolution1 said:

Wow, really? How sad :(

Even though the game's already out and the updates are pretty unnecessary now, I'll still miss the Dojo updates.

And Europe doesn't even have a release date yet, lol.

Iam Canadian

WiiRevolution1 said:

Wait, what? Six days left?

I'd better get on that second section, stat, if this is true. >_>

Jiggy

I'd better finish the thread-closing speech post.
(On the bright side, it's going to be a lot shorter than I thought--I'd originally assumed I'd be putting it up before SSBB's release, so several plans I had involving a final hype job are now out the window.)

MrCheez

OMG only six updates left?!

Seeing the Dojo end (and this thread close) will be so sad... I don't know if I'm ready! T_T

Firestorm

BEST CHARACTER IN MELEE BACK IN CEL SHADED FORM HELL YEAHHHHHH

He's changed his name, he's changed his look, his boomerang is horrible now, but he's buffed in almost every other way :D

Iam Canadian said:
Wait, what? Six days left?

I'd better get on that second section, stat, if this is true. >_>

Me too. Back to the boring Yay Sonic section. :lol

And, it's good to see Toon Link make his appearance.

MrCheez

I hate fighting Toon Link. That is all I have to say about this update. :lol

Actually I guess I'll also mention that I wish they would have gotten creative with his moveset and actually made him a completely unique character instead of a variation of Link. Imagine if he could use the Deku Leaf to float, or smash people with a Megaton hammer or something T_T

scottnak

CreatureX3 said:
Toon Link rocks! Remember in the early days when some said he wouldn't be in the game because his art style didn't fit in Brawl? :lol
Boggles themind the silly things we talked about back when the dojo was new...

Jiggy

~Fri-chan's back again with another triple update again with those stealthy thingies again?
Yeah, well, it happens. >_> That gets us to 36 character, 35 special moves, and 32 final smash updates.

-Our five least recent update types are now music, how to play, adventure mode, stage, and game mode.
I hope there's at least a little more music. ;_;
...Uh, why? We have the game.
But not everybody does. Think of Europe, you jerkface!
...Ah, oh. Yes, okay then. >_>

~Zelly's series showed up 17 times over these ten months we've been watching the site! ^^ So that's four less than Mario, but three more than Kirby. Sorry, Kirby. We still love you! We do. ^_^ It's just, you don't have a realistic version of yourself that Sakurai-dono could have put into the game...~

-Friday--
*glares*
What?
-_- ...Oh, never mind.
Friday--
No, do mind! You can't just call her that! Ahem. Fri-chan passed Wendy for updates, 59 to 56 with your "official" count, or 60 to 59 with the other one, and I'm sad. ;_; She just has to beat both of her older sisters... It's all your fault, Irrational Mode. Why did you have to make those stealthy thingies count for real? They never had to!
But you were the one who did that, when you decided to change the past...
*blink, blink* Oh yeah. ^^; But it's your fault for letting me!
...I can't win. @_@

-Frid Fri-chan introduced us to 9 characters, now one more than Thursy's 8, but one less than Wendy's 10.

~Toony Link got--sigh. Irrational Mode, you do this. I always hate this part. ;_;
Okay then. Toon Link got 16 screenshots in one go, to beat Falco (12), Ivysaur (13), R.O.B. (14), Squirtle (who moved from 13 to 14 today), Mr. Game & Watch (15), and Ness (who moved from 14 to 15 today), while tying with Jigglypuff (16).
I heart my Jigglypuff. ^__^
I'm sure you do. Captain Falcon gets passed by Marth today, as he hits 21 shots.
Marth's a guy?
...Moving on. Peach got a screenshot, so now she's beyond the other member of the We Hate Jiggy Club and hits 77, like Meta Knight and Snake.
Why is Ike in the We Hate Jiggy Club?
Because he's a soul-eater who thrives on the sorrow of others by drawing upon the powers of lag, that's why. :mad:
But he's still better than Peach, right?
Well, of course.

~Hey, how can he leave without a conclusion? -_-; Even if it's something small like "see you next week," you should at least say goodbye... It's like I have to do everything around here. Anyway, see you next week!~

Well...this is it.....only 5 update days left.

1 characer left...no stages left (I think...)...1 snapshots galore update....and 3 filler updates...

WOW......the Dojo can't stop! NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...:(

.....it will be back for Smash 4....it WILL.

Teasel

yeah i guess the only update that remain are
1. all-star mode
2. wolf
3. another snapshot galore
4. something about tabuu
5. great sea (toon link) stage
here is the order and why i think the next update are going to be in this order
everytime a stage was related to a character,that stage update popped out after the character update so monday update is going to be the great sea stage... you can't have the allstar update or the other snapshot galore before unveiling wolf but you can't unveil wolf only after a single update! so after the great sea stage the next update is going to be about tabuu,then wolf,then all-star mode and lastly the snapshot galore and a notice to close the dojo (and maybe european release date if we are lucky)

Iam Canadian

Jiggy's stats posts are always amazingly entertaining to read.

Anyway, it will be sad to see the Dojo go. We've had quite the journey over the last few months, eh?

At least we still have one more silly screenshot update to look forward to.

Indeed, as well as the final recap of the dojo. How surreal. I feel bad that I've been neglecting this thread a little since Brawl came out. >_>

Jiggy

MrCheez said:
:lol Jiggy

Where do you come up with this stuff? :O
I said it earlier somewhere, but it was inspired by the quirky, off-kilter text where a certain "female" robot from a certain PSP game which is powered up narrates her thoughts on each of her multiple outfits. >_>

scottnak said:
Boggles themind the silly things we talked about back when the dojo was new...
Yeah.

Things I know I predicted wrong in this thread:
- Sheik being gone
- Ness would be gone (honestly surprised me)
- Mona would be in
- There would be alternate Pokemon Trainer outfits
- SSE would have all sorts of awesome branching paths
- Ridley would be playable

Things I called dead-on:
- Return of Marth
- Tether recovery (and Ivysaur's use thereof)
- Olimar and how he would play
- ZSS being selectable
- Diddy would be in
- DeDeDe would be in
- There's no way Geno would be in
- We were massively overestimating the power of assist trophies
- People would whine no matter what the final roster turned out to be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom