• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopaz

Banned
NeonZ said:
The Dojo didn't even put any notice about revealing every character. Disappointing, I was kind of hoping for an update about the cast selection.

Anyway, I've just recently unlocked Wolf, after taking my time to unlock the characters. It made me wish those cut characters found in the game's data were in, even if most of them were only roster filler... : /

Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Toon Zelda, Toon Shiek, Dixie Kong, and Plusle&Minun.

Though, were those guys in, I'd be complaining about how including
"Toon Shiek"
rather than
"Tetra"
would be stupid :lol

Can I have a link to this missing data shebang? Or was it an april fools joke

Jiggy

Cyan said:
Dude.

Your stats are interesting, but you honestly terrify me sometimes.
Well, the problem is that since like February I don't find the stats interesting. >_> So I have to come up with some kind of bizarre gimmick for practically every post or else I just get bored in the middle of writing.

Spectral

Banned
I thought the Pirate Ship was a really random stage. I wish the tornado came more often though. It's something about fighting above the clouds in front of a rainbow, then crashing back down. Feels sort of like a rollercoaster ride.

Jiggy

Predicting that tonight we get an explanation of moves with impact stall. The concept was vaguely hinted at in the Boss Strategies update...
I don’t recommend attacks that cause an impact stall, even if they pack a punch.
...so perhaps it's time we get a list of all the moves in the game that have it (which wouldn't be many, actually) and an explanation of why it was put in the game.

NeonZ

Can I have a link to this missing data shebang?

I can't find a working link to the full file list, but it was posted in NeoGAF itself initially. Here is the character file list:

\effect\fighter\ef_captain.pac, size:92832 off:2A8ED4A0
\effect\fighter\ef_dedede.pac, size:166720 off:2A903F40
\effect\fighter\ef_diddy.pac, size:81824 off:2A92CA80
\effect\fighter\ef_dixie.pac, size:128 off:2A940A20
\effect\fighter\ef_donkey.pac, size:76832 off:2A940AA0
\effect\fighter\ef_dr_mario.pac, size:128 off:2A9536C0
\effect\fighter\ef_falco.pac, size:300992 off:2A953740
\effect\fighter\ef_fox.pac, size:302016 off:2A99CF00
\effect\fighter\ef_gamewatch.pac, size:128 off:2A9E6AC0
\effect\fighter\ef_ganon.pac, size:62464 off:2A9E6B40
\effect\fighter\ef_gkoopa.pac, size:128 off:2A9F5F40
\effect\fighter\ef_ike.pac, size:134464 off:2A9F5FC0
\effect\fighter\ef_kirby.pac, size:159168 off:2AA16D00
\effect\fighter\ef_koopa.pac, size:105120 off:2AA3DAC0
\effect\fighter\ef_link.pac, size:218496 off:2AA57560
\effect\fighter\ef_lucario.pac, size:153696 off:2AA8CAE0
\effect\fighter\ef_lucas.pac, size:243616 off:2AAB2340
\effect\fighter\ef_luigi.pac, size:18016 off:2AAEDAE0
\effect\fighter\ef_mario.pac, size:71584 off:2AAF2140
\effect\fighter\ef_marth.pac, size:105728 off:2AB038E0
\effect\fighter\ef_metaknight.pac, size:302720 off:2AB1D5E0
\effect\fighter\ef_mewtwo.pac, size:128 off:2AB67460
\effect\fighter\ef_nana.pac, size:128 off:2AB674E0
\effect\fighter\ef_ness.pac, size:240832 off:2AB67560
\effect\fighter\ef_peach.pac, size:113280 off:2ABA2220
\effect\fighter\ef_pikachu.pac, size:94208 off:2ABBDCA0
\effect\fighter\ef_pikmin.pac, size:172384 off:2ABD4CA0
\effect\fighter\ef_pit.pac, size:242496 off:2ABFEE00
\effect\fighter\ef_pokefushigisou.pac, size:144864 off:2AC3A140
\effect\fighter\ef_pokelizardon.pac, size:80224 off:2AC5D720
\effect\fighter\ef_poketrainer.pac, size:64672 off:2AC71080
\effect\fighter\ef_pokezenigame.pac, size:64256 off:2AC80D20
\effect\fighter\ef_popo.pac, size:54816 off:2AC90820
\effect\fighter\ef_pra_mai.pac, size:128 off:2AC9DE40
\effect\fighter\ef_purin.pac, size:106720 off:2AC9DEC0
\effect\fighter\ef_robot.pac, size:305120 off:2ACB7FA0
\effect\fighter\ef_roy.pac, size:128 off:2AD02780
\effect\fighter\ef_samus.pac, size:102688 off:2AD02800
\effect\fighter\ef_sheik.pac, size:128 off:2AD1B920
\effect\fighter\ef_snake.pac, size:195904 off:2AD1B9A0
\effect\fighter\ef_sonic.pac, size:239232 off:2AD4B6E0
\effect\fighter\ef_szerosuit.pac, size:133280 off:2AD85D60
\effect\fighter\ef_toonlink.pac, size:102048 off:2ADA6600
\effect\fighter\ef_toon_sheik.pac, size:128 off:2ADBF4A0
\effect\fighter\ef_toon_zelda.pac, size:128 off:2ADBF520

\effect\fighter\ef_wario.pac, size:78464 off:2ADBF5A0
\effect\fighter\ef_warioman.pac, size:128 off:2ADD2820
\effect\fighter\ef_wolf.pac, size:108160 off:2ADD28A0
\effect\fighter\ef_yoshi.pac, size:92640 off:2ADECF20
\effect\fighter\ef_zakoball.pac, size:128 off:2AE03900
\effect\fighter\ef_zakoboy.pac, size:128 off:2AE03980
\effect\fighter\ef_zakochild.pac, size:128 off:2AE03A00
\effect\fighter\ef_zakogirl.pac, size:128 off:2AE03A80
\effect\fighter\ef_zelda.pac, size:155776 off:2AE03B00

Zakoes are the enemies in Multiman Brawl.

Jiggy37 said:
Predicting that tonight we get an explanation of moves with impact stall. The concept was vaguely hinted at in the Boss Strategies update...
...so perhaps it's time we get a list of all the moves in the game that have it (which wouldn't be many, actually) and an explanation of why it was put in the game.

Wouldn't that fit under Smash 101, like the Meteor Smash update? Smash 101 won't receive any further updates according to the Meteor Smash one.

MisterHero

Jiggy37 said:
Is impact stall where you cancel out another person's attack with your own attack?

Like tilting/Smashing to cancel out a Super Missile or something?

A lot of moves (even normal neutral/tilt attacks) can do that.

Jiggy

NeonZ said:
Wouldn't that fit under Smash 101, like the Meteor Smash update? Smash 101 won't receive any further updates according to the Meteor Smash one.
Could be under Techniques.

MisterHero said:
Is impact stall where you cancel out another person's attack with your own attack?
No, it had a picture of Zelda using her lightning kick on Ridley above it. So basically it's that little delay for her two kicks and the second hit of Toon Link's side smash, and maybe a couple others I'm forgetting. I think it's a pretty cool feature, honestly, but I'm curious why it was applied to so few attacks in the game. >_> Especially when Toon Link's side smash is one of them, while some much stronger moves like Ivysaur's up smash aren't.

Iam Canadian said:
And so, the circle is finally complete. We now have the entire character roster on the Dojo.

And yet Sakurai still throws in one last tease by not actually confirming that the entire roster is up now.

The end is nigh, my friends.

When? I looked for his horrible teasing, but I didnt pick up on anything..

MisterHero

Jiggy37 said:
Could be under Techniques.

No, it had a picture of Zelda using her lightning kick on Ridley above it. So basically it's that little delay for her two kicks and the second hit of Toon Link's side smash, and maybe a couple others I'm forgetting. I think it's a pretty cool feature, honestly, but I'm curious why it was applied to so few attacks in the game. >_> Especially when Toon Link's side smash is one of them, while some much stronger moves like Ivysaur's up smash aren't.
Ohhh, I get it now. It's slows their animation when you hit them. Thanks for clarifying.

I think Ivysaur's smashes are about launching them up (or down, if it's Ivysaur's down-air) and knockback wouldn't make sense for the bosses (though maybe a few more months of animation/coding could help it a bit more :p). Some moves deal a lot of damage but down have a lot of launch power too.

NeonZ

Lavpa Jasai said:
When? I looked for his horrible teasing, but I didnt pick up on anything..

I think he just means that Sakurai teased by saying nothing about having revealed every character.

NeonZ said:
I think he just means that Sakurai teased by saying nothing about having revealed every character.

:lol oooh ok, here im looking for him to say somthing like "is wolf the last character? You just never know who you will run into next!" somthing along those lines

truendo

Man, what will happen to this thread when the dojo stops?! IT can't be closed! This thread is legendary! Jiggy will need to find some other smash-related stuff to keep track of!

Fenix

When the dojo stops, you'll see the most epic post (or series of posts) GAF has ever seen. Also, I believe the thread is being archived, so it will never truly be "dead".

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
There's a small part of me that almost (almost, mind you) wishes that the Dojo would end sooner so I can read Jiggy's epic closing post to the thread, which will surely not disappoint and will definitely be the perfect culmination to the thread.

But I could never seriously wish for the death of the Dojo. :D

Iam Canadian said:
There's a small part of me that almost (almost, mind you) wishes that the Dojo would end sooner so I can read Jiggy's epic closing post to the thread, which will surely not disappoint and will definitely be the perfect culmination to the thread.

But I could never seriously wish for the death of the Dojo. :D

It can't end until I finish my section. Me and my stupid procrastination.

MisterHero

truendo said:
Man, what will happen to this thread when the dojo stops?! IT can't be closed! This thread is legendary! Jiggy will need to find some other smash-related stuff to keep track of!
Dojo won't end. Sakurai will be vacationing in Hawaii with his 10 million dollar Director's paycheck and be posting pictures of all the parties he went to.

And maybe announce DLC.*

*lol

Jiggy

Geesh, guys, it's not that great a closing post. >_> I'm mostly going to be talking about Saku[edit: deleted the rest of this post in case it might spoil anyone or something].

Fenix

Jiggy37 said:
Geesh, guys, it's not that great a closing post. >_> I'm mostly going to be talking about Saku[edit: deleted the rest of this post in case it might spoil anyone or something].

I'm hyping it to hell and back and you can't stop me :p

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:

The little snippet you posted a few weeks back are very much indicative that your closing post will be as epic as I'm hyping it to be.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Iam Canadian said:
The little snippet you posted a few weeks back are very much indicative that your closing post will be as epic as I'm hyping it to be.

I've been looking forward to it too. Was just thinking about it randomly today while driving.

hypehypehype :eek:

Iam Canadian

Such is the dedication of the Dojo thread. Even when the game's out, we can still find something to hype.

I'm hyped for the next screenshot update as well. :D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I hate how you can never see Pictochat or Smashville in Classic or Allstar, they should have made R.O.B. randomly on those stages instead of always being Mario Bros. Although it seems like his stage should be Pictochat if anything.

Iam Canadian

The opponents in All-Star appear in chronological order?

Mind blown. I never even thought of that. :O

Sakurai said:
Talk about a tough row to hoe.

I have to start working this phrase into my daily conversations.

Edit:

various33_080402l.jpg

I love how this picture looks like Ness is ordering his minion, Lucas, into battle.

MisterHero

Gamer @ Heart said:
What level do i replay to unlock Jiggly? according to Gamefaqs, its the swamp, but after playing it twice to no avail, im having my doubts.
Beat SSE first.

Then there's a door in the Swamp you can get to in one of the later parts (don't use the barrels, they'll shoot you past it!).

Fenix

"When they’re all lined up like this, it becomes obvious that there is roughly 6-year blank before and after Pikmin. While there have been big series since then like "Animal Crossing," "Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day," and "Wii Sports" it does seem that coming up with a completely new character-driven series has gotten more difficult recently."

I wonder if this is meant as a slight jab at Nintendo of late.

Firestorm

I like how he puts how to unlock the mode in the first sentence, then does a "HOW TO UNLOCK" spoiler button that say sthe same thing XD

And epic screens.

And awesome jab as Fenix pointed out.

MisterHero

Fenix said:
"When they’re all lined up like this, it becomes obvious that there is roughly 6-year blank before and after Pikmin. While there have been big series since then like "Animal Crossing," "Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day," and "Wii Sports" it does seem that coming up with a completely new character-driven series has gotten more difficult recently."

It's his fault he didn't include Animal Crossing Boy, Fusion Samus, Miis, Rawk Hawk, Fawful, Elite Beat Agents, Blaziken, Prof. Kawashima, or make Isaac, Jill, or Barbara a character. Lucas is also technically a new character. :p

lol Sakurai, no

Firestorm

He used a character from 2006 (2007 in NA) - Lucario. It's just none of those franchises started after 2001. Except Miis (ew), Kawashima (wat), Jill, and Isaac. Dunno who Barbara is.

MisterHero said:
Beat SSE first.

Then there's a door in the Swamp you can get to in one of the later parts (don't use the barrels, they'll shoot you past it!).

I did beat it, but i had no knowledge of the door! Thanks.

MisterHero

Firestorm said:
He used a character from 2006 (2007 in NA) - Lucario. It's just none of those franchises started after 2001. Except Miis (ew), Kawashima (wat), Jill, and Isaac. Dunno who Barbara is.
Jam with the Band (Daigasso Band Bros.)

Brawl informed me that she was in Master of Illusion too. 0_o

Jiggy

Fenix said:

I certainly hope so. Where are our new series? :(

Edit:
The Dojo said:
Fox, Falco, and Wolf appear here. This is a real crisis point—you’re bound to have trouble here.
No kidding. Generally speaking, I use my first Heart Container right before Marth and Ike, my second right before Fox, Falco, and Wolf, and my third before the Pokemon battle.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Firestorm said:

Oh, come on now... if there was a Mii unlockable fighter in Brawl, we'd be happy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Just finished grinding all star mode today.

Wario is probably my biggest hurdle.

Also Bumper kills.

Not a big deal though, if you play on normal you should get enough coins to continue as long as you make it a bit further than halfway.

Firestorm

DavidDayton said:
Oh, come on now... if there was a Mii unlockable fighter in Brawl, we'd be happy.

Miis instead of fighting alloys? Cool.
Miis as a regular roster? I'm sorry, but that's just boring. Give me a real character with a fun moveset anyday.

Jiggy

-Game modes hit 46 updates.

-Our four least recent update types don't change much, because characters are definitely done with, special moves are almost definitely done with, final smashes are done with unless we're getting one for R.O.B., and stages are definitely done with. So game modes were the very least recent update type before today and now they're the fourth least recent. :p ...Yeah.

-There's not particularly much movement going on in the screenshot department, because practically everybody got exactly one shot. Only important notes: Zero Suit Samus didn't get a shot, so Lucas is now tied with her at 65. Bowser didn't get a shot, so Zelda passed him and hit 63. The Princess of the We Hate Jiggy Club thankfully did not appear, so Snake and Meta Knight caught up to her at 78. Sheik didn't appear, so Marth and Ganondorf caught up to her at 25. Finally, Mr. Game & Watch had two shots, reaching 17 and tying with my two best characters in Melee, Jigglypuff and Falco.

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
Miis instead of fighting alloys? Cool.
Miis as a regular roster? I'm sorry, but that's just boring. Give me a real character with a fun moveset anyday.
I don't want playable Miis--no way--but for Smash Bros. 4 I'd really appreciate six or so unique movesets developed specifically for a create-a-character function. >_> They could even theme them, like say there's a Mario universe moveset where the characters will throw fireballs and generally use punches and kicks. And they wouldn't have stuff like FLUDD or turnips or the cape, but maybe branch out into some things that Mario/Luigi/Peach/Bowser themselves missed out on, like the Mario World spinjump and an SMB3 wand.

Very cool update! I also wondered about the order and why Olimar was last. Now I know! :lol

Fenix said:
This can be pretty much a jab at the entire industry.

DavidDayton said:
Yup I would have loved to have had a Mii fighter. My family/friends would have gotten a kick out of fighting with their Miis. :D

Jiggy

Full list of songs.
A virtual mountain of songs and a legion of composers were involved in the music for this game. An all-star cast like this may never assemble again, so I hope you’ve been enjoying your time with Brawl.
Say it isn't so! D: D: D:

Fenix

I haven't been paying attention to the composers... but Sakuraba did Gourmet Race?

Motoi Sakuraba am god re-re-re-confirmed.

Firestorm

I knew Sakuraba did all the songs he did except for Airship.

An all-star cast like this may never assemble again, so I hope you’ve been enjoying your time with Brawl.

AND YOU FUCKED UP YOUR CHANCE SEGA I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY

Hey guys relax Nintendo would be a fool to not mke a Smash 4 and so on and its so blantly obvious that a Smash 4 is coming.

Anywayz: Im mad...only 4 menu songs? I hate listening to all 4 (Unlocked tem all) songs back to back :mad:

Why cant we choose any menu song?

Aw well....fantastic update tho :lol

scottnak

Ohh this list of magnificence... :(

A virtual mountain of songs and a legion of composers were involved in the music for this game. An all-star cast like this may never assemble again, so I hope you’ve been enjoying your time with Brawl.
Likely the truth :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom