• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

{Mike}

Banned
WiiRevolution1 said:
1111.jpg

uninstall paint please

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Whelp, seeing as you lot are all falling off to sleep I guess it's down to us Yerps to report on what the update is.

EDIT: Maybe they just forgot to update? :eek:

{Mike} said:
uninstall paint please

nowai.jpg

Seriously Im about to go to bed Sakurai...come on you want to post it now...you want to post it now...its 143 minutes and 12 seconds late! >_>

edit; thats it imgoing to bed...see yall 2morrow

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Wow, I managed to finish my entire quote section in the time I spent waiting for the update :lol

KevinCow

Banned
I'm just trying to think, what other updates could they possibly have? They already have... everything. All the characters, all the stages, all the items including Pokemon and assist trophies, all the stickers and trophies and music, there really isn't anything else other than the second screenshot update that he promised back with the first one.

KevinCow said:
I'm just trying to think, what other updates could they possibly have? They already have... everything. All the characters, all the stages, all the items including Pokemon and assist trophies, all the stickers and trophies and music, there really isn't anything else other than the second screenshot update that he promised back with the first one.

Serious Answer:
Tabuu
, a full Chronicle listing, some misc information isn't included, like the Final Smash for R.O.B., it could even be something like an assortment of his favorite replays in video form.

Unserious Answer:
Pichu Bros. Party Panic II unlockable video.

NeonZ

KevinCow said:

Well, there's
Taboo
, and also a Congratulations screen update, though it could count as a screenshot update, I suppose.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0222/omake.html

EDit: :lol The update is an explanation about SSE's storyline.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Oh snap...

Secrets of the Subspace Emissary!

Probably the last super late update we'll see on the Dojo? 3 hours late... I am proud to say I actually stayed up for it, for old times sake. It's so comforting to know that I will never ever have to do this again. :lol

NeonZ

Wait, so he still had to cut some parts of SSE from the game? I wonder how big it'd be if he had included
the first Halberd battle and Metaknight VS Dedede

kamikaze

interesting stuff. i wonder if they ever did any rough animatics of some of the story elements mentioned. those would make for some cool updates to the dojo site.

They cut a scene that would've explained why the Halberd was being used and why Dedede knows to make and use
time-release badges
? Maybe it worked for better flow, but that left some huge holes for players to pick up on.

I never got that Ganondorf was
planning to usurp Master Hand
, either. Maybe I'm forgetting something about the cinema where he was using a communicator with him, though.

NeonZ

, either. Maybe I'm forgetting something about the cinema where he was using a communicator with him, though.

There's a scene which shows Ganondorf grinning just as he bows to him.

JCX9 said:
nice update. i think I'm going to stay up tonight for the last update.

prediction: surprise! playable lyn.

last update is monday.

KevinCow

Banned
So, two updates left. One will be the second screenshot update, this time with hidden characters allowed. What will the other one be?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have shown King Dedede's original scuffles in the way they said in today's update anyway; based on the Kirby series, Sakurai seems to have a habit of making Dedede's original intentions unknown to the player until it's too late.

It would've been good to see the Halberd be taken though. I always wondered about that.

In any case this is a great update! I actually didn't mind the lack of dialogue in the game for a number of reasons - spend too long listening to people blabbering on, potential for goofy character voices, and most if not all of the information needed could be worked out based on their gestures and actions (like Ganondorf's plans to
usurp Master Hand
betrayed all with just one facial expression). However there is only so much you can explain without backstory, so this is very appreciated.

EDIT: Rereading it again, I think the Dedede part would've actually contributed more to him being seen initially as an enemy, which makes sense. Shame we couldn't have seen that as well now. D'oh!

turk128

An extended edition SSBB with all the cut stuff restored (and a little extra) and some fixes... that's a double dip I wouldn't mind at all.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
turk128 said:
An extended edition SSBB with all the cut stuff restored (and a little extra) and some fixes... that's a double dip I wouldn't mind at all.

Shh! Then you'll be getting requests for Simon Belmont and the like too!

...actually I think if they did release a Collectors Edition they should include more bosses from the classics. We got
two Ridleys
in there, that seems pretty cheap to me! They should throw in a Fire Emblem villain in, or Vaati, or Cloudjin, Kudgel, Andrew Oikenny, Emperor Bulblax, Dyna Blade, hell maybe even some more Subspace robot monstrosities. And a "regular" Adventure Mode. And more trophies. THAT'S NOT MUCH TO ASK FOR IS IT?!

Kulock said:
They cut a scene that would've explained why the Halberd was being used and why Dedede knows to make and use
time-release badges
? Maybe it worked for better flow, but that left some huge holes for players to pick up on.

About Ganondorf:

It's a bit of a fanwink, but his pose is near-identical to when he bowed to the King of Hyrule in OoT. That combined with the insidious grin instantly told me he was planning to usurp Master Hand.

That was a neat little update. Most of the stuff I was able to pick up on, but I missed the Ganondorf bit which makes me feel real smart. Especially, with those clues Alberto brought up.

I imagine tommorow will be a picture update and Monday will be some wallpapers.

MisterHero

ShockingAlberto said:
About Ganondorf:

It's a bit of a fanwink, but his pose is near-identical to when he bowed to the King of Hyrule in OoT. That combined with the insidious grin instantly told me he was planning to usurp Master Hand.
He also worked for the Royal Family in LttP as Aghanim(sp?} and betrayed them as well.

The 'lore' in LttP's manual said that we he found the Triforce of Power he betrayed his minions.

So I guess it's good advice that if you're a bad guy you shouldn't be working for Ganondorf. :lol

Cool SSE update!

turk128 said:
I wouldn't mind if Nintendo with Brawl, started acting like Capcom with Street Fighter! :lol

ShockingAlberto said:
About Ganondorf:

I played SSE co-op with my nephew and we also noticed that little nod to OoT (actually my nephew pointed it out to me)! :D

GamerSoul

Woah, no wonder it took awhile to update. Now I wanna get the synopsis on the whole plot. :D Asking for too much, right?

Anyways, that helped clear alot for me, especially for G&W.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Man, I shouldn't have gone to bed so early. This is an awesome update.

It's nice to finally understand what the heck was going on in Subspace.

Edit: Makes me wonder why King Dedede battled Meta Knight, though.

Jiggy

~Thursy... You kept me in suspense this whole time, but after everything you went out and finally you had your first and last adventure update. I'm so proud! At least one of every kind, unlike Fri-chan who never brought any Pokemon to our dance. And 58 updates total, and through it all you never, never needed a stealthy thingy... Everybody else did, but never you. I'll miss you, T-tan. ;_; Enjoy life, and maybe come back to us for Smash 4 in, like, 2017? My dearest and favorite!~

Bleh, I'm already feeling lost without those days when she'd argue with me about why I'm not considering CG pictures to be screenshots, saying things like "...So are you implying that nothing counts unless you want it to? Isn't that kind of biased, Irrational Mode? Self-centered? Do you think falling plants don't make sounds when nobody's around too?"

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I still think Tabuu would have made an appropriate final update, though. :/

I'm going to go ahead and predict a full Subspace enemy guide for tomorrow and the final screenshot update to close out our beloved Dojo.

Jiggy

I still believe in the Mondayton. :( Super Smash Bros. DS developed by HAL with 2D sprites, go go go!

Oh yeah, about the update, it was pretty great--except now I wish they didn't have to cut the scenes with the taking of the Halberd. D: Oh man, would I have liked to see those. More Meta Knight, please.

GamerSoul

What update could be impressive enough to be the second-to-last yet not the last.
I has no clue :l

n-e ways, I'm gonna try to staying up.

scottnak

Jiggy37 said:
I still believe in the Mondayton. :( Super Smash Bros. DS developed by HAL with 2D sprites, go go go!

Oh yeah, about the update, it was pretty great--except now I wish they didn't have to cut the scenes with the taking of the Halberd. D: Oh man, would I have liked to see those. More Meta Knight, please.
Got to have something to work off of for the next amazing Kirby game!!
... please? :(

Jiggy

The great thing is that now we know Nintendo of America is actually reading this. Come on, guys. Talk to your superiors, who will talk to their superiors, who will get to Reggie, who can maybe get to Nintendo of Japan. Shill for AbyssWolf's skill, and maybe
definitely not
we can get something happening. D:

Come to think of it, I should take a look back over his picture and decide which side of it would win knowing what I know now about the characters' abilities. Let's see. Left side has Crazy Melee Range (Olimar), Magical Girl (Zelda), Recovery FTL (Wolf), Electricity (Pikachu), Zappy Style (Lucas), Fifty-Eight-Hit Aerials (Mr. Game & Watch), Never Say Die (King Dedede), and Twenty Air Attacks (Meta Knight). But the right side has Arrow Spam (Pit), Float and Poke (Kirby), Spin Indefinitely (Luigi), Permanently Good in Smash (Fox), Projectiles 4 Lyfe (Toon Link), Pros Always Make Us Broken (Ice Climbers), Disjointed Hitboxes on Limbs (Snake), Also Permanently Good in Smash (Falco), Best Down Smash Ever (R.O.B.), Tipper (Marth), and I Fight For My Friend Lag (Ike). Right side it is.

GamerSoul

Right side wins becuase of the heavy hitters alone. Ike, Marth, could G-dorf destroy half the other side with 4 good hits cuz of all teh light weights. Snake will deal with the rest with random C4s explosions.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
love the new thread title
Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: 2 more days of summer

sums it up completely and perfectly

also:
Nate NOA Treehouse

thank you for coming in here and showing your appreciation for the fans. We have enjoyed all the work you and others have put into Sash (AND THE DOJO), and it makes the experience more satisfying knowing that you all do see this and appreciate it!

Its like reciprocal fan service at its very best.

MisterHero

crowphoenix said:
I side with the right side.
Mario pwns all the suckers on the right side.

Especially as the boss of Event 41 on Hard. Resorting to tricks like Thunder and Rest to topple him? Ha! You guys couldn't take him in a straight fight. :D

i still can't believe it won't be updated anymore, i've loved staying up and checking it on my iphone in bed while my girlfriend is sleeping, making sure i'm either reading or having some 'reason' to stay awake until 2am (or 3am)...

GamerSoul

You know all those item/pokemon/special moves updates........they were worth it.

:lol :lol I just remembered that SSE cloud theory episode. wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom