• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't all these 'hardcore smashers' not even gonna be playing with final smashes on anyway? I'm pretty sure they'll be away to choose zero suit from the get-go.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Well... here's a famitsu scan of Mario Galaxy:

newpeach.jpg

Will this be Peach's new appearance in Brawl? :D Apparently the japanese text says iher name is "Rosetta"... but it looks so much like a slightly redesigned Peach. I guess we'll find out soon what the deal is.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
flipping_heck said:
Im still hoping for that slight glimmer of hope where ZSS is an unlockable seperate character, it should happen dammit!

Oh, yes. This is happening. No one should think otherwise. Either ZZS has her own spot in the roster or you hold A like with Sheik. ZSS cannot only be a Final Smash transformation. Thats a waste of time and resources.

rhino4evr

THIS JUST IN!!!

Snake's Final Smash: The Solid Switcharoo

Snake turns into Raiden once his Final Smash is activated!! Raiden does cartwheels to avoid attacks!!!

rhino4evr said:
THIS JUST IN!!!

Snake turns into Raiden once his Final Smash is activated!! Raiden does cartwheels to avoid attacks!!!
:lol That would be nice! :lol

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
lol, that smash board thread is hilarious :(

who cares what they add to the game, play it when its out, enjoy it, dont enjoy it.

Firestorm

God's Vessel said:
Aren't all these 'hardcore smashers' not even gonna be playing with final smashes on anyway? I'm pretty sure they'll be away to choose zero suit from the get-go.

They seem pissed that there's no other way to play her. I've been saying she'd transform like this since last year. But I do think they'll include SOME option to play as her without needing to go through a Final Smash.

Seraph830

Banned
all the tourneyfags complaining about this need to maybe take a step back and re-think what smash is about. We have had the argument a billion times, but maybe, just maybe, no-items-final-destionation-fox-only isnt the only way to play competitive smash bros.

and hell, there will always be melee for you to tourney with.

GamerSoul

superbank said:
Oh, yes. This is happening. No one should think otherwise. Either ZZS has her own spot in the roster or you hold A like with Sheik. ZSS cannot only be a Final Smash transformation. Thats a waste of time and resources.

That's true. It wouldn't really be using the time wisely. ZSS can potential be a great character. :D I hope we get her moveset or profile tommorow.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
rhino4evr said:
THIS JUST IN!!!

Naked cartwheels...?

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Also it limits her playtime. Only when Samus shoots it and thats if she can get to the smash ball first? ZSS would be a rarity which is not what the trailers and updates imply. She seems to be a normal character like all the others.

No, ZSS is not a "weak" character like some of you are interpreting (I'm not sure where you're reading that). Her physical strength will be weaker for sure but she will likely gain something in return. Like speed/fluidity/maneuverability. The update says not to pick the smash ball up because it destroys your armor (changing your playstyle).

Jiggy

WastingPenguins said:
Oh shit!

pwned

No idea how I forgot about THAT one. :lol
Well, in fairness, SMB2 isn't the Mushroom Kingdom and it was a dream, and Super Princess Peach came after SSBM. So let's go with another game to give Peach Smash credibility. The source of the frying pan!

ss_smrpg_13.gif

Grecco

Firestorm said:
They seem pissed that there's no other way to play her. I've been saying she'd transform like this since last year. But I do think they'll include SOME option to play as her without needing to go through a Final Smash.

Did they not play Metroid Zero Mission? Zero Suit Samus kinda sucks. They probably thought it was Shiek clone or something.

ant1532

Banned
I am going to be real disappointed if there isn't a Galaxy Stage.

b.jpg

I mean, damn how cool would that be. Fight takes place around the planet and if you get hit way hard and go flying due to your percentage you get knocked out of the planets gravity and you have to make your way back in.

Vindication FTW.

"Don't be dumb, there's no way that Zero Suit Samus will appear through her Final Smash!"

So insane zealot SSB fanboys, think twice before dismissing speculation by using your own speculation. :D

fernoca

MrCheez said:
Will this be Peach's new appearance in Brawl? :D Apparently the japanese text says iher name is "Rosetta"... but it looks so much like a slightly redesigned Peach. I guess we'll find out soon what the deal is.
Famtisu (the scan) confirmed that both Rosetta and Peach are in the game...unless there's a twist in the story of some sort, both are different characters.

GDGF

Soothsayer
rhino4evr said:
THIS JUST IN!!!

:lol That would be awesomely fabulous.

scottnak

God, if we ever devolve into petty arguments like those on the Smashboards...
At least we can get lots of :lol s in... *shudder*

VultureDude said:
when was the last time we heard this game was online, and how many players were confirmed? it's been a while...

Well, at E3 it was briefly shown in a montage of games that will be online, although not explicitly mentioned. So, I still think it'll be online, although not necessarily in very much depth.

Gekkonidae said:
Well, at E3 it was briefly shown in a montage of games that will be online, although not explicitly mentioned. So, I still think it'll be online, although not necessarily in very much depth.

I think you misinterpreted it wrong, the montage of games was just for a selection of upcoming games this year. When Reggie talked about online games, he went through 3 or 4 of them, SSBB wasn't mentioned signalling that the game may not be online, but BWii wasn't mentioned as well and that was confirmed to have online.

In any case, i wait until something is mentioned in the Dojo site before jumping into conclusions about any online functionality.

papercut

ant1532 said:
I am going to be real disappointed if there isn't a Galaxy Stage.

b.jpg

I mean, damn how cool would that be. Fight takes place around the planet and if you get hit way hard and go flying due to your percentage you get knocked out of the planets gravity and you have to make your way back in.

Awesome idea for a level, though it would take a bit of getting used to. You won't be able to "fall off" the level so it would be all about raising someone's % and then smashing them out of the gravity pull. Plus, fighting upside down would be interesting!

scottnak

VultureDude said:
was something said at E3? cause the guys at screw attack claim "it's great, but it's not going ot be online" (45:27)

whaaa????? did something get said?

http://www.thestream.tv/watch.php?v=208
Nothing was explicitly said. Its just inference from a lack of information about Brawl being online. No-one knows for sure (except for the big man himself) and everything is puuuure speculation.

We'll figure out in one of them remaining 97 updates...

flipping_heck said:
I think you misinterpreted it wrong, the montage of games was just for a selection of upcoming games this year. When Reggie talked about online games, he went through 3 or 4 of them, SSBB wasn't mentioned signalling that the game may not be online, but BWii wasn't mentioned as well and that was confirmed to have online.

In any case, i wait until something is mentioned in the Dojo site before jumping into conclusions about any online functionality.

hmmm.... yeah, BWII pretty much thrives off of it's primises of offering robust coop and VS modes to truely make it a sequel. it could have been possible that Reggie simply mentioned lesser known games to highlight that more than a handful were going online this fall... but like you said, we'll have to wait and see.

Someone straight up asked Miyamoto if Brawl would be online and all he said was "All announcements will come from the website."

Which I, personally, interpret as confirmation. But that's just me.

Christopher

*yawn* are people really freaking out over this?

Do we even know the requirements or how long it takes to perform a "final smash"? I think the whole Zero Suit Samus thing should have just been a suprise cameo, and not paraded around like an actually character if they were going to regulate it to this.

but hey it's not like the previous videos didn't foreshadow it...

Somnid

I still say it'll be a permanent change including after being KO'd. Only one Final Smash per round goes along with that. I'm still open to the idea that there might be an alternate way to use ZSS immediately (like holding buttons or something). I'm also curious as to if ZSS gets a Final Smash, maybe not after transforming (that seems a bit unfair) but if she does turn out to be selectable in some capacity then it's possible.

[Forget that last part, I think I see the point.]

Slavik81

Firestorm said:

If she's a gimped character as Sakurai seems to have suggested, she shouldn't be a selectable character.

For all of those who are so quick to jump on anyone who says something negative about this update: you have to admit, this does have a few drawbacks. What if someone wants to play solely as varia-suited Samus, as they normally would in almost any Metroid game, or as they did in previous SSB games? Or, what if they just prefer varia-suited Samus' moveset? This design choice doesn't allow for these people to make the choice. Once they use a Final Smash, they have to use Zero Suit Samus. And if they get varia-suited Samus back after losing one life, that means that Zero Suit Samus could only be used for a fraction of a life, which is also quite stupid. >_> If it is possible to play solely as Zero Suit Samus by pressing a button before a match begins, then why not just seperate the characters altogether so Samus won't be transformed when she uses a final smash?</nerdy rant>

At least it's a change. If you want to play as plain Samus, you've got two SSB games in your collection to do that already. It's not like the sequels are making the older games completely obsolete.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
ZSS is nothing more than a Sheik replacement. And I mean that by her moveset, not by her ability to change character. That's not a bad thing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom