• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Pitfall! Awesome. I remember planting those in AC and my brother coming to complain to me and telling me to stop doing it when he fell in them :D

Jiggy

Cool, pitfalls. One of the few things that made Animal Crossing worth coming back to after a few months... For a little while, anyway.

Cosmonaut X said:
I'm pretty certain that we're going to get one Animal Crossing character in SSBB, and I can't really see why they would be less appropriate than, say, Jigglypuff or Mr Game & Watch.
Jigglypuff fights. All Pokemon do. But yeah, as the recent discussion goes, I'd say AC characters are about on par with Game & Watch. The huge set of tools and non-fighter status are all there.

Like Speevy, I just expect some sort of generic AC character with male/female as the alternate costumes to serve as the fighter. I kind of think it'll be nameable, though.

I'm pretty sure they aren't putting AC characters in as playable. They aren't fighters. It has an icon because the franchise still makes large contributions in other ways, both a stage and an item and I wouldn't be surprised to see an assist trophy either. I'm kinda sick of this whole "every character needs to be playable" attitude, there are just some franchises and characters where its just not going to work out, AC is one of those.

Why can't an AC character work?

Jiggy

Seraph830 said:
I actually think were done seeing newcomers from Nintendos library.
Wha? The only ones so far are Meta Knight, Pit, Wario, and Zero Suit Samus. You think Nintendo's Sakurai's seriously not going to put in any other first-party characters--or, in other words, you think that every first-party newcomer was given away in less than two minutes in the very first trailer?

Bo130

I got the categories right monday and tuesday (Final Smash, Item) :D. I have a good feeling about Link's profile today, or Link's attacks. Something Link.

BTW, 9,926 posts. Look like we can go past 10,000 today :D This topic is going to be huge by the time Brawl gets released.

Somnid

The pattern I've noticed is that every week has 1 item, 1 stage and 1 character. Furthermore items go in the order of Item -> Pokemon -> Assist Trophy (Next week will be a pokemon). There is 1 Final Smash update every other week. The rest are more or less random (generally the same update type won't appear 2 weeks in a row). Some regular updates seem to get moved around with special updates but this is the general idea.

I'd say the next 3 updates will be a stage, music, and character (not necessarily in that order)

justchris

rakka said:
Solid/Old Snake Profile today.

Gah, I have Deadlands on the brain, I read that as Solid Snake Oil.

Personally, I'd rather see Metaknight's profile, or more story information. Sakurai kind of left us hanging on that one.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Tom Nook needs to be in, mainly due to forcing all of his residents into a lifetime of indentured servitude.
"Oh hey I just upgraded your house. Don't thank me, just spend the next few years fishing to pay me back."

Give him a shovel, a fishing rod, a net, and a slingshot. Top-tier for certain.

It's possible he doesn't even appear in the Animal Crossing level

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
AlternativeUlster said:
Does it say that? What would the point of the item really if it just takes you down a level and then you go "Good show, now watch me jump back up." Then you jump back up or you could wait down below and be a liar.

Drop through passable floor then get stuck in non-passable floor underneath. It would be stupid if they made a no-damage instant KO item that only needs to be thrown. Items like that have a drawback like the baseballbats slow swing.

Dark Ninja said:
It's possible he doesn't even appear in the Animal Crossing level

He's in the picture of the AC stage.

Anyway, now that I think about it it doesn't even matter if he's in the background of a stage. It's possible to have 4 of the same character on a stage already.

miyuru

I just remembered again that Snake's in this game. I can't believe how insane that is, yet at the same time, we're all so used to it. I still remember seeing that trailer the morning before going to E3 haha, just insane.

Olaeh

miyuru said:
I just remembered again that Snake's in this game. I can't believe how insane that is, yet at the same time, we're all so used to it. I still remember seeing that trailer the morning before going to E3 haha, just insane.

Yes, good memories:D

For tonight's update I'll predict Ice Climber's profile.

superbank said:
He's in the picture of the AC stage.

Anyway, now that I think about it it doesn't even matter if he's in the background of a stage. It's possible to have 4 of the same character on a stage already.
youre right there he is
stage06_070713a-l.jpg

there's still hope for these guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FFUcNmOUDU

Seraph830

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
in other words, you think that every first-party newcomer was given away in less than two minutes in the very first trailer?
pretty much.

granted we will probably get something like a new fire emblem character or a new pokemon. It already felt like nintendo was stretching it with Meele (ice climbers? gameandwatch?)

I expect maybe one new 3rd party character, the entire old cast, and these newcomers. I could be wrong, but I think weve seen all the "nintendo megatons" for this game already.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Seraph830 said:
pretty much.

granted we will probably get something like a new fire emblem character or a new pokemon. It already felt like nintendo was stretching it with Meele (ice climbers? gameandwatch?)

I expect maybe one new 3rd party character, the entire old cast, and these newcomers. I could be wrong, but I think weve seen all the "nintendo megatons" for this game already.

... no.

Speevy

Banned
3:20 AM, work or school tomorrow, Nintendo announces....BANANA!

*everyone goes to bed, only to eagerly await the next update*

Olaeh

Chao said:
OMG RHYTHM TENGOKU PU-PU-PU-PUNCH BLUE DANCING GUYS PLAYABLE!1!1!!!!!!

One can dream

Curse you.... had me F5ing on that one. Guess I should have known better w/ the spoiler tag and check it.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I just checked the Smash Bros. site, figuring I was half an hour late. What the hell did you people do to my Japan Time?!

#1. Anyone notice that the Italian name for Pitfall is "Trapola"? That made me laugh.

#2. Predicting Peach again.

#3. I'd love to see the karate guy playable.

#4. And I'd like to see the next update be Ness, just so that they don't decide to remove EB from every single English-dominant country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom