• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duderz

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
For tonight I predict Zero Suit Samus' special moves. Gotta follow up on the megaton with something relatively tame...

No way, gotta keep the momentum up.

Two updates tonight - music track and Captain Falcon unveil.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Elfforkusu said:
Requesting that someone create a picture involving Ness kicking someone into a very deep hole.

Anyway, I'd think they'll have voice chat eventually. I have no reason to say this except that I think Nintendo likes money, and selling a $40 microphone peripheral packaged along with WiiSing is a no brainer. So the question becomes, is it on the radar now/will it make it into SSBB?

go one better, throw ness into the sandbag picture and then throw that over a large hole (Y)

GamerSoul

Since we already got a Random Item update, i think anything else will be decent. I think we'll get special moves for someone of a character. (again, Falcon or Sheik)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Looking at the game modes page on the Dojo site, it seems that when they unveil something substantial they stick with it for a bit, first it was:

GAME MODES
Four Kinds of Control
Names
Stickers
Special Brawl

Then:

ADVENTURE MODE
This World...
What is the Subspace Emissary?
The Subspace Army
Petey Piranha
Pit’s Descent Movie

Now:

NINTENDO Wi-Fi CONNECTION
Wi-Fi Play

So yeah, I expect something new about Online every week for a little bit, which is very cool

Jiggy

As I slowly work back through the thread to see what I missed...

As far as thread sizes go, after seeing the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl thread I'm not daring to predict anything about the Halo 3 or official SSBB threads. D/P charged ahead at a pretty insane speed straight through to page 309 (viewing 50 posts per thread) and then right there, exactly right there for no particular reason and with no warning signs, it became one of the slowest threads on GAF by far. Even now I think it's only at like 311 or 312, a couple months after the dead stop.

Raging Spaniard said:
Looking at the game modes page on the Dojo site, it seems that when they unveil something substantial they stick with it for a bit, first it was:

GAME MODES
Four Kinds of Control
Names
Stickers
Special Brawl

Then:

ADVENTURE MODE
This World...
What is the Subspace Emissary?
The Subspace Army
Petey Piranha
Pit’s Descent Movie

Now:

NINTENDO Wi-Fi CONNECTION
Wi-Fi Play

So yeah, I expect something new about Online every week for a little bit, which is very cool

Smart of you bringing that up, but you also have to factor in the time between the updates.

GAME MODES

Four Kinds of Control - Jun. 08 Fri. 2007
Names- Jun. 28 Thu. 2007

ADVENTURE MODE

This World... - Jul. 20 Fri. 2007
What is the Subspace Emissary? - Aug. 03 Fri. 2007

There's a good 2-3 weeks in between the first and second update for each new game mode section on average... not saying there won't be more WiFi updates this week, but if we are going by trends - it's unlikely.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
It seems like it's been a really long time since a final smash... I predict that!

How about... ZERO SUIT SAMUS FINAL SMASH: GUNSHIP

Samus' gunship flies in, blasting her opponents... and before it leaves something special happens! A bright light beams down from the ship and... Samus regains her Power suit!!!

:lol It would be interesting if ZSS's Final Smash reverted her back to regular Samus.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
-WindYoshi- said:
Smart of you bringing that up, but you also have to factor in the time between the updates.

GAME MODES

Four Kinds of Control - Jun. 08 Fri. 2007
Names- Jun. 28 Thu. 2007

ADVENTURE MODE

This World... - Jul. 20 Fri. 2007
What is the Subspace Emissary? - Aug. 03 Fri. 2007

There's a good 2-3 weeks in between the first and second update for each new game mode section on average... not saying there won't be more WiFi updates this week, but if we are going by trends - it's unlikely.

True, my point is that out of the game modes, it'll be Wi-Fi stuff that gets updated, and not the other two sections.

Jiggy

MrCheez said:
It seems like it's been a really long time since a final smash... I predict that!

How about... ZERO SUIT SAMUS FINAL SMASH: GUNSHIP
Yep, least recent kind of update. None since August 23rd. :(
And no Metroid updates since July 19th.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Firestorm said:
I predict New Stage: Chozo Ruins

I want this to happen so badly >_<

Metroid really needs a stage that isn't some dark acid-filled cavern.

Although I suppose that sort of thing represents a big part of the traditional Metroid environments... but there are so many other interesting locales from the series that could be used. Not necessarily from the Prime series either, Super Metroid had some varied environments.

What about the rainy surface of Zebes? :)

Rindain

Banned
Metroid is seriously underrepresented.

Bring on Ridley (either as playable character or boss), metroid assist trophy, ZSS final smash, or Metroid stage, please.

Jiggy

You know, I kind of expect to see the online taunt text being used in some of the screenshots that come with the character profiles now. For Captain Falcon it would be especially cool. "Falcon Taunt!" "Falcon Pose!" "Falcon Brag!"

Somnid

Jiggy37 said:
You know, I kind of expect to see the online taunt text being used in some of the screenshots that come with the character profiles now. For Captain Falcon it would be especially cool. "Falcon Taunt!" "Falcon Pose!" "Falcon Brag!"

"Show me your boobs!"

Jiggy

I don't expect 19 characters to fit into the text box.
Actually, now that I think of it, I'm not even sure I expect 10 characters to fit, so I guess my ideas are out the window too. :(

traveler

Not Wario
Tonight will be a classic stage, remade and tweaked slightly.

Eteric Rice said:
So, was this megaton bigger than DQ9 DS? It's hard to tell?

Also, Nintendo redeemed?

Eh, the whole reason this game was made in the first place (according to the devs) is that they wanted to do an online Smash. As such, I'm going to have to say DQ9>Smash Online. I might care more about the Smash online, but the news of DQIX on DS was bigger.

item update..... Megaton Bomb

Throw it at your opponent for MASSIVE damage.
As the game uses your Wii's real time clock, throw the bomb on a Thursday for a Thursday-Ton Bomb of epic proportions

Either an item update or a final smash.
Still waiting on Luigi though. As as Nintendo aren't at TGS they might wanna spol some parties and keep throwing bombs at us this week!

im predicting Wi-Fi mode

wait, that already happend? then I vote a full adventure mode

that too? wtf, this game has everything.

then ill go with Little Mac and Mike Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom