• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

ex0du5 still here? But how can watching people's ban bets ever be fun again if I can't expect people to actually be gone? :(

IAmtheFMan said:
I don't know. He's a fucking fighter for God's sake. His movest would be easier to create then say somebody like Captain Falcon, and they pulled him off pretty good.
Captain Falcon was a bounty hunter anyway, but yeah--it'd certainly be no harder to create Little Mac than him.

Another new Smash pic. Looks maybe like Snake is in mid backwards roll I guess?

538fner.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Jiggy37 said:
ex0du5 still here? But how can watching people's ban bets ever be fun again if I can't expect people to actually be gone? :(

Captain Falcon was a bounty hunter anyway, but yeah--it'd certainly be no harder to create Little Mac than him.

MAybe he's still alive because online won't be 100% assured until the game comes out

NeonZ said:
If this game still has clones, I can see more than one 3rd part character appearing per 3rd party franchise. They could have Solid and Liquid, Sonic and Shadow (or Mecha-Sonic), Megaman and Bass (or Protoman or even X).

I hope there are no clones in this one. It just seems have characters that are only barely different. On the other hand though, what you said seems nice. It could go either way.

IAmtheFMan said:
I don't know. He's a fucking fighter for God's sake. His movest would be easier to create then say somebody like Captain Falcon, and they pulled him off pretty good.

Up-B: Upper cut, I guess
Side-B: Diving Jab?
B- Charge Punch
Down B- Crater Punch????

I just think it would be hard for a character that mainly uses punches. At least C.F. had some sort of Falcon-Power stuff. I guess it could work though, if you think about it.....
He probably would be very similer to C.F.

I still think he'll be A.T. though.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
PunjabiPlaya said:
Just a heads up ant1532, on the first post, you don't have Yoshi's Final Smash listed.

Also, Meta Knight and Snake dont have little thumbnails with their faces next to the "characters" tab

charabar.jpg

(not that Im complaining though, youre doing a much better job than I could)

charsimon.gif

Mm0megaman.jpg

The only necessary third-party characters.

Simon and Mega Man are easily the biggest non-Nintendo characters that can be identified with Nintendo and its history. You can't celebrate classic Nintendo without including Castlevania and Mega Man. They were a vital part of it.

if anyone from Castlevania, it would be Soma Cruz, atleast that makes the mose sense.

We've had too many megatons lately. I predict something small.

Item: Homerun bat

Is this from Earthbound? Maybe, maybe not. It could be just a bat.

Ow! That kind of hurt. Didn't defeat me, though.

Wait, are you using a smash attack?

Oh, noooo! What a dangerous item!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ShockingAlberto said:
We've had too many megatons lately. I predict something small.

Item: Homerun bat

Is this from Earthbound? Maybe, maybe not. It could be just a bat.

Ow! That kind of hurt. Didn't defeat me, though.

Wait, are you using a smash attack?

Oh, noooo! What a dangerous item!

Old items arent posted unless theres a new feature to them (or are back from 64, absent in Melee), like how the item boxes now have different skins and wheels.

Firestorm

Frozen Fire said:
I hope there are no clones in this one. It just seems have characters that are only barely different. On the other hand though, what you said seems nice. It could go either way.

And I hope you don't get the game until 2009.

Raging Spaniard said:
Old items arent posted unless theres a new feature to them (or are back from 64, absent in Melee), like how the item boxes now have different skins and wheels.
And how many times have people guessed wrong about what Sakurai will post? :p

zaxor0

Pureauthor said:
Did you get that image from the GameFAQS character contest?

EDIT: You got that image from the GameFAQS character contest.

Ya, it was funny because I couldn't find that image of him anywhere so I eventually gave up. Then while going to gamefaqs, ironically, I saw it and stole it.

But think, for his final smash Doc could ride in on a bicycle and massage his shoulders then the would just beat up everyone at the same time or something. I just think Doc riding in on a bicycle would be cool...

Raging Spaniard

JonathanEx said:

Well after 4856956750675 pages on this topic, thats a given. However, all updates up to this point confirm what I said.

Raging Spaniard said:

There was an update for the Pokeball way back, wasn't there?

Formless

Zerodoppler said:
How can people not understand what kind of moves a boxer would have in a fighting game?
I think it's obvious that he would, well, box. I think the difficulty is with the special moves.

Jiggy

Frozen Fire said:
Up-B: Upper cut, I guess
Side-B: Diving Jab?
B- Charge Punch
Down B- Crater Punch????

I just think it would be hard for a character that mainly uses punches. At least C.F. had some sort of Falcon-Power stuff. I guess it could work though, if you think about it.....
He probably would be very similer to C.F.
Actually, I'm pretty sure Captain Falcon didn't have any known powers until SSB. He was just a bounty hunter and nobody knew exactly how he caught his bounties.

Then again, the F-Zero universe was filled with superheroes like Mr. Arrow, supervillains like Black Shadow, and just plain doped-up freaks like Zoda (no, really, he has tubes pumping drugs into him).
So I guess it was reasonable to assume Falcon had some kind of inherent super power (as opposed to being a tool-based fighter) to be able to keep up with them.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure Zoda's tubes were explained until F-Zero GX, which was after Smash. Other than that, though, point stands.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
JonathanEx said:

I learned my lesson with the Snake update. :(

That Sakurai is one crazy unpredictable mofo.

Jiggy37 said:
Then again, the F-Zero universe was filled with superheroes like Mr. Arrow, supervillains like Black Shadow, and just plain doped-up freaks like Zoda (no, really, he has tubes pumping drugs into him).

Speaking of F-Zero characters... the problem with that franchise is 99% of the character designs are retarded (IMO). Samurai Goroh is one of the few other characters besides Falcon would could have been put into Brawl without looking ridiculous... and of course that chance is gone!

I've seen tons of people saying they want Black Shadow to make an appearence, but... that guy looks like a huge douche too.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
I don't like the fact that Fire Emblem will (MOST probably) have more representatives than F-Zero, and that they also had more representatives in Melee :-(

I <3 F-Zero.

MrCheez said:
Speaking of F-Zero characters... the problem with that franchise is 99% of the character designs are retarded (IMO).

F-Zero characters are supposed to be based on western comic book style (Anyone who played F-Zero X would know this). And since japanese anime is so popular now everyone thinks these characters look ridiculous or outdated.

I bet if F-Zero characters were out when G.I. Joe and all that shit was new they'd be hotter than the Transformers.

Jiggy

MrCheez said:
Speaking of F-Zero characters... the problem with that franchise is 99% of the character designs are retarded (IMO). Samurai Goroh is one of the few other characters besides Falcon would could have been put into Brawl without looking ridiculous... and of course that chance is gone!

I've seen tons of people saying they want Black Shadow to make an appearence, but... that guy looks like a huge douche too.
I'd take Deathborn if it came down to it. Apparently he has the power to teleport at will, which just has me imagining a character like Mewtwo except not sucky. And Deathborn knocked Black Shadow practically to joke character status in his first GX appearance, so... yeah.

Raging Spaniard

WildArms said:
I don't like the fact that Fire Emblem will (MOST probably) have more representatives than F-Zero, and that they also had more representatives in Melee :-(

I <3 F-Zero.

Considering Fire Emblem has had way more games and has been around longer than F-Zero, it just seems like justice to me.

Raging Spaniard said:
Considering Fire Emblem has had way more games and has been around longer than F-Zero, it just seems like justice to me.
And the fact that every single playable character in Fire Emblem has been a fighter while F-Zero is a racing game.

GamerSoul

WildArms said:

I <3 F-Zero.

What can you do? In F-Zero's period of absence, FE is just getting more and more popular.
In other words:
FIRE EMBLEM FTW!!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
WildArms said:

I <3 F-Zero.

*Slaps you*

Somnid

Man, after reading through some Halo 3 reviews it really makes me want a saved replay function for Smash. It practically begs for it.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
SuperAngelo64 said:
F-Zero characters are supposed to be based on western comic book style (Anyone who played F-Zero X would know this). And since japanese anime is so popular now everyone thinks these characters look ridiculous or outdated.

I bet if F-Zero characters were out when G.I. Joe and all that shit was new they'd be hotter than the Transformers.

F-zero_wp_m04_baba_800.jpg

F-zero_wp_m08_octoman_800.jpg

F-zero_wp_m15_rex_800.jpg

F-zero_wp_m30_shadow_800.jpg

I don't think it has anything to do with the popularity of japanese character design. Whatever way you slice and dice it, these guys are just HIDEOS!

The only F-Zero character who looks like a true awesome bad ass is this guy:

F-zero_wp_m09_mead_800.jpg

PkunkFury

I never noticed Black Bull has hooves :lol

F-Zero characters ooze personality. They're like Death Race 2000 in space

and they do have a Western comic book style. Take a look at what comic book villians looked like in the 60s/70s.

Fire Emblem characters are bland as hell

Jiggy

Somnid said:
Man, after reading through some Halo 3 reviews it really makes me want a saved replay function for Smash. It practically begs for it.
I'm actually expecting that. With over two months of updates left and all the biggest stuff out of the way (Subspace and Wi-Fi), there have to be at least a couple more semi-megatons along the lines of My Music. Saved replays would be one, at least for me.

Scribble

I'm like, playing through Earthbound now.

I played it a few years ago, but I kinda stopped for some reason or another. I'm having the time of my life - I can't believe that I'm playing a JRPG and actually NOT getting bored. Cor Blimey.

Oh, Ness for Brawl and all of that.

SuperAngelo64 said:

To be honest that's the reason I like F-Zero characters.

For as cartoony as most games are we see very few games with a western comic book feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom