• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Holy Order Sol said:
What did EDGE say about the previous installments ?

I can't remember everything they said but the gist of it was that the games were an unbridled mess and far too hectic to get any enjoyment out of. I'm sure they mentioned something about lack of depth too...

They gave the original 5/10, and Super Smash Bros. Melee 6/10, which even by EDGE standards is only "average" and "okay".

Haunted

SovanJedi said:
I can't remember everything they said but the gist of it was that the games were an unbridled mess and far too hectic to get any enjoyment out of. I'm sure they mentioned something about lack of depth too...

They gave the original 5/10, and Super Smash Bros. Melee 6/10, which even by EDGE standards is only "average" and "okay".
really? :(

I think EDGE is one of the best gaming mags out there, but I (obviously) totally disagree with their opinions on the franchise.

Date of Lies said:
All I ask is for is Sonic & Megaman. And make sure Megaman has a beam sword attack of some sort.

*has to* happen

I'm betting if he IS in Smash he's going to be classic Megaman. And in that case the only beam sword he could get is the flame sword from MM8. I doubt there'd be anything from the X series in it.

Xavien

Darkpen said:
lol, europe is in a timeloop of the 90's? D:

Sonic to the UK is what Mario was to the rest of the world.

Mega-Drives and Master Systems were the consoles of choice here, not their Nintendo Counterparts.

Hell, even after those crappy games, i still like sonic and await the day that a decent game comes out (i have Sonic Rush, but i need MORE).

Xavien said:
Sonic to the UK is what Mario was to the rest of the world.

Mega-Drives and Master Systems were the consoles of choice here, not their Nintendo Counterparts.

Hell, even after those crappy games, i still like sonic and await the day that a decent game comes out (i have Sonic Rush, but i need MORE).

I'm hoping for a sonic rush Wii with high res sprites.

Haunted

It was a constant and close battle between Sega and Nintendo (and Sonic vs Mario by extension) in Europe. That's why Sonic vs Mario is such an epic mash-up - growing up, those two were the videogame icons.

But I'd be happy with other similarly iconic 3rd party characters making an appearance in Smash as well (Megaman for example).

Darkpen

Banned
shaft said:
I suck at photoshop, but i tried making a wallpaper because I'm bored.

http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/img19/1190555885-820.jpg

D:

ew

Mario, Metaknight, and Pikachu are WAY TOO SMALL, and Fox is HUGE.

SuperAngelo64 said:
Despite the fact Cecil is my favorite RPG character of all time.. I really don't see that happening :[
Why not. I can totally see them being in the game. Seriously. It works. It so works, so well.

Darkpen said:
Why not. I can totally see them being in the game. Seriously. It works. It so works, so well.

Maybe as an assist trophy to promote the new FF4 FUCKING DS!!!-goes batshit for the 100th time-

But anything other than that.. I just don't see working :[

It would be a dream come true though. I admit to sometimes playing Melee as white/gold Marth and pretending it's Cecil in my mind..

...ok that was embarrassing to admit...

Darkpen

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
Maybe as an assist trophy to promote the new FF4 FUCKING DS!!!-goes batshit for the 100th time-

But anything other than that.. I just don't see working :[

It would be a dream come true though. I admit to sometimes playing Melee as white/gold Marth and pretending it's Cecil in my mind..

...ok that was embarrassing to admit...
:|

your imagination is poor.

I can SO imagine Cecil and Kain in Smash. I've BEEN imagining them potentially being in Smash ever since Melee (because Cloud and Squall are overrated for wishful thinking). I mean, seriously, the movesets work, especially for Dark Knight Cecil, since Paladin Cecil would be incredibly dull to play as.

Haunted

SuperAngelo64 said:
...ok that was embarrassing...
true.

I could see a FF main character being a playable character in the game, although it's possible that they'll opt for a more general approach, like they did with Mario Hoops for the DS. That had FF's White Mage, Black Mage and Ninja as playable characters.

If they have to include FF characters, they should make it someone from FFVI, since that's my favourite. If we're just talking S-E here, I'd like to see Crono or Ark more than FF characters, though. :D

Crushed

Fry Daddy
charsimon.gif

Mm0megaman.jpg

The only necessary third-party characters.

Simon and Mega Man are easily the biggest non-Nintendo characters that can be identified with Nintendo and its history. You can't celebrate classic Nintendo without including Castlevania and Mega Man. They were a vital part of it.

Darkpen

Banned
Haunted One said:
true.

I could see a FF main character being a playable character in the game, although it's possible that they'll opt for a more general approach, like they did with Mario Hoops for the DS. That had FF's White Mage, Black Mage and Ninja as playable characters.
....what?

what?

what?

what?

Darkpen

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
Alright, the gloves are off!

OUTSIDE!
:lol :lol :lol

Seriously, what would Paladin Cecil's final smash be? Dark Knight Cecil already has that dark pulse/wave thing, which is perfect.

Darkpen said:
:lol :lol :lol

Seriously, what would Paladin Cecil's final smash be? Dark Knight Cecil already has that dark pulse/wave thing, which is perfect.

Paladin Cecil's Final Smash could be:

(SNES) Using the Earth crystal like he did against Zeromus (The most epic part of the game)

(GBA) Casting Holy with the Lightbringer sword.

Both which would be way more awesome than Dark Wave!

bounchfx

charsimon.gif

Mm0megaman.jpg

Simon and Mega Man are easily the biggest non-Nintendo characters that can be identified with Nintendo and its history. You can't celebrate classic Nintendo without including Castlevania and Mega Man. They were a vital part of it.

plsplsplsplsplspls

EktorPR

?rushed said:
charsimon.gif

Mm0megaman.jpg

I know..bu...but! Viewtiful Joe! :/

viewtifuljoe.jpg

Haunted

I don't think a company will get more than one character in. Hell, I don't even think all the major companies that are likely candidates for a character will make it. Konami, Sega, Capcom, Square-Enix, Namco.

Konami has Snake
Sega would be Sonic, no question.
Capcom would be Megaman (over Simon Belmont)
Square could have one of the FF characters
Namco would have Pac-Man

EktorPR said:
I know..bu...but! Viewtiful Joe! :/

viewtifuljoe.jpg
Already been confirmed as an assis.... aw fuck, not this again, Ektor. :lol :lol

assist01_070702a.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Haunted One said:
Already been confirmed as an assis.... aw fuck, not this again, Ektor. :lol :lol

assist01_070702a.jpg

if this turns out on the smashbros site one day... heck i win the smashbros!

viewtifulsmash.jpg
assist01_070702a.jpg

for some odd reason i've just zoomed thru the first couple of pages of this thread, its amazing how young we all were.

NeonZ

I don't think a company will get more than one character in.

If this game still has clones, I can see more than one 3rd part character appearing per 3rd party franchise. They could have Solid and Liquid, Sonic and Shadow (or Mecha-Sonic), Megaman and Bass (or Protoman or even X) - I mean, even if only one character from each franchise makes it to the game, the character probably won't be the only element of that franchise to be in - there'll be music and probably a stage too, at least - I don't see how including a second one would be more troublesome.

Jiggy

Predicting Ice Climbers' final smash for tonight. Predicting AniHawk will be peeved. :D

Also expecting but not predicting these relatively soon, within the next two weeks:
-Alternate costumes (shown with Justin Bailey Samus and Girl Pokemon Trainer)
-Captain Falcon profile
-Lucas profile, and ensuing Amir0x chaos
-Metroid assist trophy (the classic Metroid, of course, none of the tiny Metroid Prime ones or the Metroid II ones)

As for third-party characters... Wouldn't putting in too many of them become a liability for Smash Bros. 4, assuming there'll ever be another one? Nobody would want unique characters to disappear, yet the rights would have to be negotiated a second time for each one...
Then again, Smash Bros. is so huge that third-parties might want them in anyway. I guess it might work out.

I think that's why Sakurai has stated emphatically that there would be 2 or 3 3rd party characters at most.

I'd say that'd be a knock against the more outlandish ones making it in in lieu of the 'classics', but hey, the first 3rd party character announced was Solid Snake.

Zerodoppler said:
How can people not understand what kind of moves a boxer would have in a fighting game?

I don't know. He's a fucking fighter for God's sake. His movest would be easier to create then say somebody like Captain Falcon, and they pulled him off pretty good.

Linkhero1

Pureauthor said:
I think that's why Sakurai has stated emphatically that there would be 2 or 3 3rd party characters at most.

I'd say that'd be a knock against the more outlandish ones making it in in lieu of the 'classics', but hey, the first 3rd party character announced was Solid Snake.
Yeah I remember him saying 2-3 third party characters including snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom