• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kjellson said:
snake_070921f-l.jpg

Now how the hell is that gonna work on Bridge of Eldin?

Snake'll fucking break that ground with his fists for the good of the fight. I've heard he's on Rage-ahol.

GamerSoul

I wonder if he's limited to one mine.(Meaning he has to wait til the planted one is triggered before setting up another one) It could get heptic if he's not. :lol

Jiggy

The scarier part is that if Link's bombs are any indication, Snake can probably trigger his own mines and blow himself up.

GamerSoul said:
I wonder if he's limited to one mine.(Meaning he has to wait til the planted one is triggered before setting up another one) It could get heptic if he's not. :lol

I would guess that he can only have one, but can trigger it remotely whenever he wants to blow it up early so he can set up a new one.

Dr.Hadji

Melee has a average 90% score on Gamerankings (actually a 89.9 but its close enough). Brawl should be able to beat that score just because of the fact that its adding more "fluff" (aka big buzz word features). Come review time, people will probably see alot of "phoning it in" reviewing from the major publications.

For VT reviews they get the VT expert to do the write up, for tekken they get the tekken guy and so on and so forth. They'll tell you how subtle changes has totally changed up the game and how 2 new fighters and slightly smaller stages totally opens up new possibilities. For Smash they get whoever which gives you some shallow insight to the play of the new game. They goof and dink around like they always do when they play the game and feed to you the resulting smuck. You'll see a bunch of "still plays pretty much the same" and some "no changes to the basic formula".

There is no reviewer out there right now whose review would shed any more light on the game then what I can gather from screens. Just prepare for some poo late November.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I wish there was an update tonight, dammit.

Let's pretend!

Mario Kart stage tonight OMG!

GamerSoul

MrCheez said:

Let's pretend!

:lol Try to find another way to waste time. Like posting your favorite pics from the updates, crazy theories, brawl hopefuls other than Sonic, or something.

MrCheez said:

Let's pretend!

:lol this is like kindergarten GAF.

Did I mention how awesome it would be to be able to play as SSB/Melee versions of the characters ?
That way we could get a proper Ness.

Jiggy

Dr.Hadji said:
Come review time, people will probably see alot of "phoning it in" reviewing from the major publications.

For VT reviews they get the VT expert to do the write up, for tekken they get the tekken guy and so on and so forth. They'll tell you how subtle changes has totally changed up the game and how 2 new fighters and slightly smaller stages totally opens up new possibilities. For Smash they get whoever which gives you some shallow insight to the play of the new game. They goof and dink around like they always do when they play the game and feed to you the resulting smuck. You'll see a bunch of "still plays pretty much the same" and some "no changes to the basic formula".
So true.
I'm trying to hold out hope, but I think this is basically what will happen. :/ Which is sad, because I like reviews of all stripes that cover games in a deep rather than broad sense.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
The Dojo has officially made the weekend worse; you know that there'll be no updates until Monday.

kona2_21.jpg

And no new update makes Snake sad. :'(

Dr.Hadji said:

There is no reviewer out there right now whose review would shed any more light on the game then what I can gather from screens. Just prepare for some poo late November.

Now you know how I feel when Dynasty Warriors games come out. Not a single western review of the past ten games has been able to articulate the changes in the gameplay and systems.

It is a massive problem, though; I don't know that we can expect all major publications to have reviewers of every genre, though.

OliveJuice said:
I hope his taunt is tightening his bandanna, like Ryu. That would be awesome.

if it was upto me it would involve him kneeling down and talking to Otacon via codec letting you listen to what they are saying. Once in a while Mei Ling will show up and say "this is no time to save, Snake!", crap like that.

Christopher

Are you kidding with these Sonic comparisons? The 90's one also reeked oh god so hard of "trying to be cool" - real bad.

I dunno I also liked the tunes of Sonic Adventure one and two - after that though :\.

NeonZ

Linkzg said:
if it was upto me it would involve him kneeling down and talking to Otacon via codec letting you listen to what they are saying. Once in a while Mei Ling will show up and say "this is no time to save, Snake!", crap like that.

They could include short Codec conversations as "secret taunts", like Fox's and Falco's wingmen quotes in SSBM, though I hope they can be triggered easier this time.

Are you kidding with these Sonic comparisons? The 90's one also reeked oh god so hard of "trying to be cool" - real bad.

WHAT
Then what the hell would you call this:
61HTWWED4HL._SS400_.jpg

Not only does he look like he's trying to be cool, but he's hideously ugly.

I dunno I also liked the tunes of Sonic Adventure one and two - after that though :\.

The music in the original games was far superior imo.

Dreavus

I'm inclined to believe that Snake's taunt will be the "hmm, I'm rubbing my chin look how thoughtful I look!" thing he did at the end of one of the trailers.

bigmakstudios said:
WHAT
Then what the hell would you call this:
61HTWWED4HL._SS400_.jpg

Not only does he look like he's trying to be cool, but he's hideously ugly.

The music in the original games was far superior imo.

The old Sonic vs new Sonic convo already happened like 4 pages back!

Jiggy37 said:
The scarier part is that if Link's bombs are any indication, Snake can probably trigger his own mines and blow himself up.

My guess (if it's a smash/charge attack) that he'll just plant it and it'll explode instantly after. On the other hand, I hope it's his down-B so it is like that. That definently would be cool. :D

Crocodile

The Dojo has officially made the weekend worse; you know that there'll be no updates until Monday.

It's sad but it's so true. I can't wait till the game is out, not only because I'll finally be able to play it but the weekends won't be worse by default due to lack of Dojo updates. It's a sad thing to look forward to Monday morning to see the new update......then have to drag my ass to work. I'd also like to say that though Friday's update was awesome, I was disappointed it wasn't a challenger we knew nothing about. When I saw stupid Piplup staring at me for like 1/2 an hour, I was hoping for another Pokemon Trainer-esqe update. Alas, maybe next week.

Firestorm

Nintendo Power brings you the first hands-on preview of the Wii game every Nintendo fan has been aching to play-Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Let the havoc begin!

Oh shit I need to re-subscribe to Nintendo Power now. My subscription ran out.

Edit: Re-subscribed. Chose The Ultimate National Pokedex as my free gift.

Lobster

Banned
Looks like Halo 3 thread is going to pass this thread. We'll make a come back when the game is 2 days till release though, hehe.

ant1532 said:
Don't think someone posted this yet

070921mariogh9.jpg

It looks like he just won it from the Carnival.

http://www.imagevimage.com/images/SMASH3.jpg

-----------

Second version of my smash wallpaper. For this one I changed the sizes of everyone's characters to be the same size relative to each others' size in the game, and I tried to put all of the returning characters towards the front.

here's the original
http://www.imagevimage.com/images/SMASH2.jpg

edit: I know the top right is empty, I'm gonna be changing sizes and adding characters as they are announced

Date of Lies said:
All I ask is for is Sonic & Megaman. And make sure Megaman has a beam sword attack of some sort.

*has to* happen

Quoted because I so want this to happen, but with Zero instead, with his attacks from MMZ.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
layzie1989 said:
http://www.imagevimage.com/images/SMASH3.jpg

-----------

Second version of my smash wallpaper. For this one I changed the sizes of everyone's characters to be the same size relative to each others' size in the game, and I tried to put all of the returning characters towards the front.

here's the original
http://www.imagevimage.com/images/SMASH2.jpg

edit: I know the top right is empty, I'm gonna be changing sizes and adding characters as they are announced

damn fine wallpapers tehre layzie, or as i will refer to you in the hopes of giving you a cool new nickname, Lay-Z.

i like the new one, and the slight group of link near zelda and mario near peach and so on makes it an awesome wallpaper (Y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom