• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Dr.Hadji said:
Nope. Mario has a degree of control over his Up-B. Just like Roy, Mario has a 45 degree Up-B as well. If you do that you get the same range as you do in the Brawl pics.

No... I'm sure this one looks like more. Since the jump we see there isn't his first jump after all, it's his second jump. Unless he did one of those magical extendo-grabs that Doc always does, he wouldn't have made it in Melee...

Speevy

Banned
Tonight: Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Spongebob Squarepants!

*Note: Character not actually in game, just thought you should know

Keru_Shiri said:
Honestly, I too would also be happy with 1v1, if it meant a perfect 1v1 game as opposed to a shoddy 4 man setup, and I know 8 people is all but out of the question, but hey, a man can dream right?

I think the online component could be great as long as it works fine. If it is to work fine though, i think they will need to cut back on some features. This could include players (2 instead of 4) and maybe visuals. But if they can get lag-free, enjoyable 1vs1 online matches then that would be good enough for me, and if they added tournaments and such it would be bliss.

I think 8 players at one time would not only be too much for online to handle, but also the stages would become too crowded. The game's hectic enough as it is with 4 players, let alone 8. :)

Alkaliine said:
I think the online component could be great as long as it works fine. If it is to work fine though, i think they will need to cut back on some features. This could include players (2 instead of 4) and maybe visuals. But if they can get lag-free, enjoyable 1vs1 online matches then that would be good enough for me, and if they added tournaments and such it would be bliss.

I think 8 players at one time would not only be too much for online to handle, but also the stages would become too crowded. The game's hectic enough as it is with 4 players, let alone 8. :)
I dunno, I could definetly see an all-out war at a stage comprable in size with Hyrule Castle :) But yeah, so long as we get a decent 1 on 1 game so I can always have a human player to practice against instead of AI, I'll be happy.

Tristam

Alkaliine said:

2 v 2 would be nice, but 1 v 1 is really all I need. As long as I can improve my skills in an online arena, I'm set. Obviously managing lag-free sessions is of utmost importance, so Nintendo should establish dedicated servers in every household.

I've dreamed of Nintendo hosted tournaments and such. Please make it so! Oh, and leaderboards! PLEASE put in leaderboards!

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Alkaliine said:

My imagination is going wild. :(

Tournament Mode + Spectator Mode so you can watch what your future opponents strategies are after you've finished a match. Smash Of The Day, which would be a video (hand picked by someone on the dev team) of a random player doing some amazing stuff in an online match.

I shouldn't get my hopes up though. 1 vs 1 would be good enough.

Firestorm

Tristam said:
2 v 2 would be nice, but 1 v 1 is really all I need. As long as I can improve my skills in an online arena, I'm set. Obviously managing lag-free sessions is of utmost importance, so Nintendo should establish dedicated servers in every household.

I've dreamed of Nintendo hosted tournaments and such. Please make it so! Oh, and leaderboards! PLEASE put in leaderboards!

Nintendo.
So many dreams crushed by one word.

superbank said:

Tournament Mode + Spectator Mode so you can watch what your future opponents strategies are after you've finished a match. Smash Of The Day, which would be a video (hand picked by someone on the dev team) of a random player doing some amazing stuff in an online match.

I shouldn't get my hopes up though. 1 vs 1 would be good enough.

That all sounds terrific.

ant1532

Banned
superbank said:

:lol, that would be amazing and all but you know it would never happen.

Thanks for the comments btw, hella appreciate it from yall.

ant1532 said:

Nah all plaudits are deserved, this thread is fantastic. :)

Armitage

Firestorm said:
Nintendo.
So many dreams crushed by one word.

As much as I want a kick ass online portion, a part of my brain just keeps telling me that there will be no online at ALL. It just doesn't work that way with Mr. N.

Armitage said:
As much as I want a kick ass online portion, a part of my brain just keeps telling me that there will be no online at ALL. It just doesn't work that way with Mr. N.

Well, at least Charged shows that they are taking it somewhat seriously at least.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Alkaliine said:
That all sounds terrific.

:) I hope we get some good stuff.

ant1532 said:

Smash of the Day isn't completely out of the question though. For Mario Kart DS I remember Nintendo would put up a new video snippet of an online match on their site everyday.

Speevy

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
this has been a boring week for me... I hope tonights update makes up for it

You know it won't. There hasn't been an update yet that was worth much more than a few screenshots.

fernoca

Probably more like..
MULTIPLAYER MODE

You can pick up to 4 characters at the same time

Look at them flying

This is so exciting!

They are definitely being careful not to show new levels in those Kirby and Pikachu shots. Funny how they chose the two characters changing the least graphically.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I don't know about you guys but this picture makes me laugh :lol

pikachu_070606b-l.jpg

kirby.jpg

This is Kirby, Warp Star-riding citizen of Dream Land, who can suck up anything. His copy abilities allow him to steal the powers of other characters!

Yeah... He’s the only character who really hasn’t changed much from his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee. He’s round, pink and soft.

kirby_070606a.jpg

kirby_070606b.jpg

kirby_070606c.jpg

kirby_070606d.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/kirby.html

pikachu.jpg

With perfectly round cheeks and a jagged tail,
this can only be that most familiar of Pokémon, Pikachu!

It may be small and agile, but its electricity gives it powerful attacks.
It’s what you would call an all-round character.

pikachu_070606a.jpg

pikachu_070606b.jpg

pikachu_070606c.jpg

pikachu_070606d.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/pikachu.html

The only disappointing thing about getting TWO character profiles is that these two particular characters look exactly like they always have. Too bad they couldn't have done something with Pika to make him look fuzzier or something.

Only one more day of Japan Time left this week!! :_(

One tiny nugget of new information (unless I'm drastically mistaken). Look very closely at the screenshot in which Kirby is using his sword (Up+B move). Particularly, concentrate on the background. That appears to be the area of Isle Delfino where the statue used to be (circa SMS). This is where the entrance to the first level was, if I recall correctly. Look here: http://media.cube.ign.com/media/016/016713/img_1532570.html

So, the new information: we now know another one of the landing spots for the Isle Delfino stage!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
... I just realized something...

If they make Kirby's face look like wario's teeth-baring grin when he has wario's power, kirby's going to look ****ing creepy.

Photoshoppers get to work!

DeceitDecide said:
One tiny nugget of new information (unless I'm drastically mistaken). Look very closely at the screenshot in which Kirby is using his sword (Up+B move). Particularly, concentrate on the background. That appears to be the area of Isle Delfino where the statue used to be (circa SMS). This is where the entrance to the first level was, if I recall correctly. Look here: http://media.cube.ign.com/media/016/016713/img_1532570.html

So, the new information: we now know another one of the landing spots for the Isle Delfino stage!
We also see how it looks when it's flying up close.

pikachu_070606a-l.jpg

WastingPenguins said:
I take it back, Melee Pikachu looked like shit.

msmashmeleegncss04augjpnq9.jpg

He has fingers there as well but the jaggies make it hard to see. You're right, his model definitely has been improved. Better model and superior lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom