• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeed

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
'the hell are IntSys?
One of Nintendo's best and most distinctive First Party developers.

They're known for Paper Mario, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, and if I'm not mistaken Wario Ware as well.

Zeed said:
One of Nintendo's best and most distinctive First Party developers.

They're known for Paper Mario, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, and if I'm not mistaken Wario Ware as well.

Ah, alright. Figures I've never heard of 'em, never been into any of those series other than Wario Ware.

Though I do like the music of Fire Emblem, speaking of!:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/116759.html

You can hear the choir version of the Fire Emblem theme better in that video, especially during Sudden Death.

Also Meta Knight's victory theme and his voice (which almost sounds like David Hayter.)

Ah, that was such a sweet video, but I couldn't see, think they removed all those little scores that one could get in a match, you know, like Stiff Knees?

crowphoenix said:
Ah, that was such a sweet video, but I couldn't see, think they removed all those little scores that one could get in a match, you know, like Stiff Knees?

No, they appear on a score board on there at the very, VERY end. The person playing just seems to be rushing through them.

Jiggy

SuperAngelo64 said:

You can hear the choir version of the Fire Emblem theme better in that video, especially during Sudden Death.
Rather than repeating what I said in the other thread about this (which boiled down to more hope for Falcon's GX theme and vocal Pollyanna), I just want to say that if it ends up being that there really are a lot of midi tracks in the game, I'll find that it's worth it as long as we get some fantastic orchestrated stuff like this. :D

Zeed

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
Also Meta Knight's victory theme and his voice (which almost sounds like David Hayter.)
At first I couldn't hear Meta Knight's voice over the announcer, but upon a second listening...

"Victory...is my destiny."

Badass.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Zeed said:
At first I couldn't hear Meta Knight's voice over the announcer, but upon a second listening...

"Victory...is my destiny."

Badass.

I'm glad Meta Knight is as badass as he was in Kirby Super Star. Meta Knight was the epitome of awesome when I played that game as a kid.

metaknightreflection.gif

The time has come! The time to show our power!

Dream Land's lazy lifestyle will end! I will rule!

That was epic in 1996.

AMUSIX

Gahiggidy said:
Anyone else a little perturbed that there has been no sign of the Pikmin franchise yet?
If they showed soemthing from Pikmin, they'd have to reveal that the pikmin icon is #19, and that would give too much away.

Jiggy

I'm actually not that fond of Meta Knight's voice, even though he's still my favorite newcomer. Just seems too deep to be coming from anything in the Kirby universe other than Dark Matter, especially considering that underneath his mask he's basically
a lookalike for Lolo

His moveset and the actual saying for his voice are very well-done, though. One of Nintendo's greatest characters ever, clearly. :D

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
I'm actually not that fond of Meta Knight's voice, even though he's still my favorite newcomer. Just seems too deep to be coming from anything in the Kirby universe other than Dark Matter, especially considering that underneath his mask he's basically
a lookalike for Lolo

His moveset and the actual saying for his voice are very well-done, though. One of Nintendo's greatest characters ever, clearly. :D

I don't know, I always imagined Meta Knight's voice to be deep and intimidating, with a slight ominous echo.

Until the mask comes off, when his voice promptly becomes high-pitched and cute.

The voice in the video wasn't bad, though not quite what I would have expected.

Meta Knight is definitely one of Nintendo's best characters, though. Whether he's the villain or the mysterious anti-hero, he plays his part well.

And hey, be glad it wasn't his dub voice from the Kirby anime.

Cruceh said:
No it doesn't. It's horribly broken, but it's a good game.
its only broken if you suck at making good Decks
if you play online random you'll encounter people using almost every character in the game

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
And hey, be glad it wasn't his dub voice from the Kirby anime.
I'm too frightened to even search. I avoided that show like the plague--too much love of the series to dare see it ruined. :(

Jiggy37 said:
I'm too frightened to even search. I avoided that show like the plague--too much love of the series to dare see it ruined. :(
wasn't that bad they even had an episode with the kirby air ride machines in it

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:

You know, the show wasn't really that bad. It wasn't necessarily great, but it wasn't an insult to Kirby, either. I only watched a few episodes, but still. The biggest issue I had with it was the voices. King Dedede sounded like Foghorn Leghorn and Meta Knight had a Spanish accent. Sword Knight and Blade Knight had really heavy English accents, I think.

I have to admit, though, the animation on the show was really good. And it featured almost every Kirby power...except Beam.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
You know, the show wasn't really that bad. It wasn't necessarily great, but it wasn't an insult to Kirby, either. I only watched a few episodes, but still. The biggest issue I had with it was the voices. King Dedede sounded like Foghorn Leghorn and Meta Knight had a Spanish accent. Sword Knight and Blade Knight had really heavy English accents, I think.

I have to admit, though, the animation on the show was really good. And it featured almost every Kirby power...except Beam.
Foghorn Dedede almost has enough of a train wreck-sounding quality to make me morbidly curious. :eek:
But not quite. Still, maybe I'll try to watch some of the show in Japanese for that animation...

Iam Canadian

You have no idea how much I'm tempted to post that Youtube video of Mario and Luigi teaching Captain N sex-ed right now.

Firestorm

Dark Ninja said:
if you play online random you'll encounter people using almost every character in the game

I don't know about ultimate stars but Sanji was definitely broken in the first game.

monkey79

Gahiggidy said:
Anyone else a little perturbed that there has been no sign of the Pikmin franchise yet?

The lack of Pikmin franchise is truly sad. I'm really hoping Captain Olimar is playable. I wouldn't mind if they throw in Louie also and make them like the ice climbers.

A swooping snitcher bug as an assist trophy would be pretty cool. As for a pikmin stage, I'll take a forest stage with a Beady Longlegs that randomly appears and tries to stomp everyone.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
SuperAngelo64 said:

Everything about this trailer looks awesome, except...

What the hell is up with Castle Siege!? I know it was brought up the other day, but the transition between 'tiers' is so lame. :( Not only do the characters seem to magically teleport through the levels, they are even standing on an invisible ground while it's happening? They could have at least made them actually FALLING the whole time.

Really let down by that... seems so lazy. Here's hoping it was just for the demo... on the Castle Siege update at the Dojo it does say: "Fireballs launched by catapults dance in the skies above the castle. Then, as time passes...The floor shatters and everyone falls into the castle!"

Oh, speaking of stages... from the videos, Isle Delfino looks to be my new favorite. Every time we see a glimpse of this stage we learn of a new landing spot! They seem to have a great variety and all look really fun to play on. :)

Cruceh

Banned
Dark Ninja said:
All right, so Sena 3 isn't broken broken? Breaks combos, stop, and turns you around?
Oh well, I haven't played in a while. It was a fun 95 hours though.

Somnid

MrCheez said:

What the hell is up with Castle Siege!? I know it was brought up the other day, but the transition between 'tiers' is so lame. :( Not only do the characters seem to magically teleport through the levels, they are even standing on an invisible ground while it's happening? They could have at least made them actually FALLING the whole time.

Really let down by that... seems so lazy. Here's hoping it was just for the demo... on the Castle Siege update at the Dojo it does say: "Fireballs launched by catapults dance in the skies above the castle. Then, as time passes...The floor shatters and everyone falls into the castle!"

Oh, speaking of stages... from the videos, Isle Delfino looks to be my new favorite. Every time we see a glimpse of this stage we learn of a new landing spot! They seem to have a great variety and all look really fun to play on. :)

As with the Starfox level's warps I'm pretty sure the transition is actually a clever way to hide loading. Probably couldn't fit two areas in memory at one time so instead they preload one and use the transition to flush the old one and load the rest.

Firestorm

I do like how all the stages morph. No one character has an advantage the entire time. Kinda like why I liked Pokemon Stadium in Melee. Dreamland 64 was still my favourite state, but Stadium was my second.

Insaniac

Cruceh said:
All right, so Sena 3 isn't broken broken? Breaks combos, stop, and turns you around?
Oh well, I haven't played in a while. It was a fun 95 hours though.

Yeah Sena 3 is fucking annoying. I stopped playing online because of the big 3 and the fact that japanese players always gang up on americans. Which is weird. and stupid.

MrCheez said:

I agree the transition didn't look too good.

Insaniac

I wonder how the nunchuck/wiimote setup will be laid out?

I figure it'd be something like this:

Joystick: movement obviously

Z: Shield
C: Grab
A: Attack
B: Special
Down-dpad: jump
1/2:taunts

Didn't someone(IGN) mention that the buttons could be fully customized?

m00

Insaniac said:

Reasonable, except for the use of 1/2. (Kirby players am cry.) I'd map taunts to the Wiimote's - button for better accessibility. The four custom taunt messages can be tilt-minuses (minus-tilts?).

Insaniac said:

Didn't someone(IGN) mention that the buttons could be fully customized?
Is there going to be any kind of "waggle" at all with the Wiimote/nunchuck? Also I think I heard the Nintendo rep say there were three taunts in one of the videos.

Jiggy

Somnid said:
As with the Starfox level's warps I'm pretty sure the transition is actually a clever way to hide loading. Probably couldn't fit two areas in memory at one time so instead they preload one and use the transition to flush the old one and load the rest.
They had four areas in Pokemon Stadium (SSBM).

Insaniac said:

I'd switch the jump button to a button, possibly C. It's hard enough to short hop with the control stick, never mind a D-pad.

NeonZ

i think that's the only way they could make a transition from the underground arena back to the castle without making it look really out of place.

They had four areas in Pokemon Stadium (SSBM).

That only changes the arena, not the entire background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom