• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Iam Canadian said:
This is because Sakurai hates me.

Well at least you can feel better after last night's update.

After all, if they're going to just spoil Mother 3 for us, then it's obvious that they assume we're never going to play it anyway. So we can all rest easy knowing that our shores are forever safe from Mother 3.

I want a Bizzaro Battle Mode, where you each choose the other players/teams characters :p So you'd make them fight as Jigglypuff, they make you fight as someone you're crap with... everybody loses :p And I'd make healing items hurt you, and explosion-type assists/items heal you. Online. Yeah.

Android18a said:
I want a Bizzaro Battle Mode, where you each choose the other players/teams characters :p So you'd make them fight as Jigglypuff, they make you fight as someone you're crap with... you win cuz you have Jigglypuff:p And I'd make healing items hurt you, and explosion-type assists/items heal you. Online. Yeah.

Fixed.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
This is because Sakurai hates me.
Let's not be too hasty yet. At least he hasn't shown the bat yet, because if that ever happens it's time to go into full panic mode for Ness. :( I want to see him restored to SSB1-level glory.

Android18a said:
I want a Bizzaro Battle Mode, where you each choose the other players/teams characters :p So you'd make them fight as Jigglypuff, they make you fight as someone you're crap with... everybody loses :p
Jigglypuff is high tier.
>_>

Android18a said:
I want a Bizzaro Battle Mode, where you each choose the other players/teams characters :p So you'd make them fight as Jigglypuff, they make you fight as someone you're crap with... everybody loses :p And I'd make healing items hurt you, and explosion-type assists/items heal you. Online. Yeah.
I could own u so hard as jiggly puff

Staccat0 said:
While we're on the subject...

KING OF THE HILL mode!!!
MAKE IT HAPPEN!
King of the Hill mode would be so much fun in Smash Bros.! :D

various08_071016a-l.jpg

If you didn't know what was going on, some of the screenshots make it look like Sandbag is a playable character. :lol

linsivvi

Maxrpg said:
Jesus Sakurai, Online makes EVERYTHING AWESOME, now tell the rest of Nintendo to do it!

Nintendo is probably the Japanese publisher that released the most number of online enabled games within the past 12 months, albeit mostly DS titles. I don't know why people still have this impression that Nintendo doesn't like online gaming.

Koomaster

CreatureX3 said:
If you didn't know what was going on, some of the screenshots make it look like Sandbag is a playable character. :lol
You know, he'd make an interesting unlockable character. He would have week attacks but maybe be very resilient so it'd take a lot to knock him off the screen. Can't really think of much attacks for him; headbutt, some sort of whirlwind spinning move, falling over on someone? His final smash would have to be uber powerful and just take out everyone just to make up for his weak attacks.

He'd be a real challenging character to play as; I think he should be included just as a lark to see what players could do with him.

usea

Staccat0 said:

KING OF THE HILL mode!!!
MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Are you kidding or not? The game is in king of the hill mode by default.

You see, in smash bros you try to knock your opponents off of the stage.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Shadowmancer said:
Look, if you meant that u swung the bat using the WiiMote, I admit, that has some appeal. However, I just don't see how it would work, from a physical standpoint. I mean u hold it sideways to use attacks, then change grip after u grab the bat?

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, that doesnt sound so bad. It would work with the WiiMote, but just leave the option of other control schemes in. Fair?

You are ridiculous.

Dreavus

CreatureX3 said:
King of the Hill mode would be so much fun in Smash Bros.! :D

But... isn't a regular match of Smash Bros a king of the hill game in itself?
I mean, you win by throwing your opponents out of the ring and trying to stay in yourself, while fighting under a timer (or stocks, I guess).

EDIT: usea took the words right out of my mouth (keyboard?)

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Hah. They're going all-out with online modes up the chuffer in this game. I bet that every game mode has online functionality of some sort added to it. I loved the Home Run Contest too, this will be lots of fun!

By the way I really think the title should be "You can’t tell from this shot, but this is an online match." Or failing that, "KAKEEEEEEN!"

I was just thinking about mini-games for Brawl yesterday. :lol

It would be nice if Gourmet Race could make it in. That would also probably be unbalanced though. :/

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
once again i'm late to the party thanks to halo 3. i feel so dirty.

ohwell!!

lovely update, like mentioned earlier noithing huge, but its the little things like online HRC that really show the effort

and nice ava Holy Order Sol

linsivvi said:
Nintendo is probably the Japanese publisher that released the most number of online enabled games within the past 12 months, albeit mostly DS titles. I don't know why people still have this impression that Nintendo doesn't like online gaming.

Friend codes ruin their efforts.

RagnarokX

Staccat0 said:

KING OF THE HILL mode!!!
MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Why would you want a mode that turned Brawl into a cartoon that has been on the air far longer than it should have been? :p

CassSept

Rofl, home run contest was expected, but with online co-op?
:lol
Nintendo... you made beating some goddamn sandbag fun and awesome. And considering they go into details like that, they sure have way more surprises coming.
GOTF 11/10 confirmed

DarkKyo

Updates are getting lame, they gotta fill the spots where they don't give us interesting updates with stuff we could have already guessed was in the game.

Dechaios said:
Updates are getting lame, they gotta fill the spots where they don't give us interesting updates with stuff we could have already guessed was in the game.
Did you HONESTLY expect the Home Run Contest to be in the game, with 2-Player Co/Counter-Op, and online? REALLY?

CassSept

Dechaios said:
If you've guessed online co-op HRC you're my god
Plz, grant me your blessing *o*

Haunted

And here I am again, even though I told myself I would abstain from this thread for a week... I only entered because of the German in the thread title. >_<

nice update, I can't imagine playing the mode too often but it's just too cool to ignore. :lol

pn18 said:
It's German.
:( We're all about love and peace now.

DarkKyo

WordAssassin said:
Did you HONESTLY expect the Home Run Contest to be in the game, with 2-Player Co/Counter-Op, and online? REALLY?
I expected the home run bat contest with new features. Didn't know what they'd be, but you can't tell me it's not a lame update. People are gonna use that feature MAYBE once and then never even look at it again.

Dechaios said:
I expected the home run bat contest with new features. Didn't know what they'd be, but you can't tell me it's not a lame update. People are gonna use that feature MAYBE once and then never even look at it again.

…apart from the people in this thread who are looking forward to this mode, or the people who put hours into the mode in SSBM for fun, for competition or to unlock special trophies. There are plenty of people who will enjoy this mode, especially with the expanded options and tweaks, and it’s just as worthwhile an update as any other.

Tim-E

Dechaios said:

It's not a lame update.

CTLance

CassSept said:
Yah, we're secretly plotting to clone Hitler and force Sakurai to put him into Brawl.

--

*pic*
Oh look! It's Hitler!

*pic*
He's pretty tall and muscular, isn't he?

*pic*
Look at him jump!

*pic*
C..can you do that?

--

Our deal with Nintendo will include bombing Pearl Harbor and wiping out MS.
Prussian Pike-hats and Lederhosen will be issued to every worthy citizen to wear proudly and publicly.
Yes, even the women.

ESPECIALLY the women.

Fear us!
I know, it's not funny. I'm just bored.

CoolS

I think Megaman has a very good chance of being in.

But I also think they'll save us a few surprises for untill we get the game. And we already know quite a bit ;)

Haunted

CoolS said:
I think Megaman has a very good chance of being in.

But I also think they'll save us a few surprises for untill we get the game. And we already know quite a bit ;)
I think that the 3rd party characters will be unveiled before release, though. Not necessarily on the dojo, but at events/tradeshows (like Snake and Sonic were) or through other means (Famitsu?).

Haunted One said:
I think that the 3rd party characters will be unveiled before release, though. Not necessarily on the dojo, but at events/tradeshows (like Snake and Sonic were) or through other means (Famitsu?).

Yeah, I’d say that sounds reasonable. Third-party characters like Sonic or Snake are going to be major draws for the game and I would think that Nintendo would want them out there and known about well before launch, even if they were to be unlockables in the final game. Playable characters like Dedede or Mach Rider are fan-fodder and just the kind of thing that’s ideal for announcement on the Dojo, but major unveils like Sonic are likely to be at major press events first.

Dechaios said:
Oh, we're doing that thing where we suppose facts and go "You know this is true" or "You can't tell me this"? Cool.

You know you love Ann Coulter.
You can't tell me you didn't enjoy her boney frame.

Am I doing this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom