• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
..pakbeka.. said:
oh, I give up

link wears a pair of pants under his skit most of the time nowadays
Neither wears a skirt even, it's just the lower part on their tunics. Something that was a masculine garment for over a thousand years.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
gwiz210 said:
Did anyone ever find out what sonic's alternate colors are?

I don't think so, but one of his alternate colours should make him look like Metal Sonic.

Hopefully he doesn't have a Shadow colour scheme.

The Hermit

CreatureX3 said:
Prediction:

Newcomer: Ridley

:D

He I'm pretty sure he'll be a boss.

BTW, what's with the obsession with Ridley? I REALLY can't see him playable, it would be more even awkward than Metwo.

But I think tonigh or tomorrow Megaman will be among us!

Zeed

Banned
Iam Canadian said:
Hopefully he doesn't have a Shadow colour scheme.
What's wrong with Shadow's color scheme? Frankly having Shadow as an alternate costume is a no-brainer and I hope they do it. It's not like he's going to be jacking cars and shooting guns in Brawl.

Zeed said:
What's wrong with Shadow's color scheme? Frankly having Shadow as an alternate costume is a no-brainer and I hope they do it. It's not like he's going to be jacking cars and shooting guns in Brawl.

But will he be sobbing and crying out "Maria!" ?

GamerSoul

Nintendo characters in the game (in some form) so far that were on Sakurai's poll

-New Comers
Ike
Diddy
Lucas

-ATs
Hammer Bros.
Little Mac
Dr. Wright(Sim City)
Infantry(Famicon Wars)
Jill(Drill Dozer)

Boss characters-
Petey Piranha

Other-
Palutena
Gardevoir
Tom Nook
Animal Crossing MC
Toad

i think that's it so far.

BTW, what's with the obsession with Ridley? I REALLY can't see him playable, it would be more even awkward than Metwo.

He'll be a boss.

Large Ridley= :eek:
Mini Ridley= :/

Iam Canadian

Eh, I just see Shadow as a perfect symbol of everything that's wrong with Sonic today. In fact, his debut game was one of the worst mainstream Sonic games and the start of Sonic's sharp decline to utter crap.

Akai

GamerSoul said:
Nintendo characters in the game (in some form) so far that were on Sakurai's poll

-New Comers
Ike
Diddy
Lucas

-ATs
Hammer Bros.
Little Mac
Dr. Wright(Sim City)
Infantry(Famicon Wars)
Jill(Drill Dozer)

Boss characters-
Petey Piranha

Other-
Palutena
Gardevoir

i think that's it so far.

He'll be a boss.

Where's Toad? =)

And the Animal Crossing MC and Tom Nook are in the Smashville background... (It totally counts!)

Firestorm

Iam Canadian said:
Eh, I just see Shadow as a perfect symbol of everything that's wrong with Sonic today. In fact, his debut game was one of the worst mainstream Sonic games and the start of Sonic's sharp decline to utter crap.

Wha? Sonic Adventure 2 is the best 3D Sonic game (not saying much).

Milabrega

GamerSoul said:

-New Comers
Ike
Diddy
Lucas

-ATs
Hammer Bros.
Little Mac
Dr. Wright(Sim City)
Infantry(Famicon Wars)
Jill(Drill Dozer)

Boss characters-
Petey Piranha

Other-
Palutena
Gardevoir

Gardevoir is that Pokemon right? Where has it popped up??

Iam Canadian

Firestorm said:

I disagree. Sonic Adventure 1 was much better. Again, still not saying much.

Sonic Adventure 2 had too many crappy mech levels and even crappier treasure hunting stages. The only levels in Sonic Adventure 1 that were excessively obnoxious were the Big and Amy stages.

Akai

Milabrega said:
Gardevoir is that Pokemon right? Where has it popped up??
gardevoir.jpg

Firestorm said:

It is a pretty good game. The story was fun. The characters not overpoweringly suck filled. And it wasn't broken. But it was all down hill from there.

Baiano19 said:

How can anyone not want to control this evil beast?

SSBRidley.jpg

I don't see how controlling Ridley would be awkward. Sorry you couldn't control Mewtwo. :lol

GamerSoul said:
Mini Bowser worked out well. Mini Ridley can as well. :D

samus_ridley.jpg

GamerSoul

Akai said:
Where's Toad? =)

And the Animal Crossing MC and Tom Nook are in the Smashville background... (It totally counts!)

oops. i'll add them

CreatureX3 said:
Mini Bowser worked out well. Mini Ridley can as well. :D

samus_ridley.jpg

Mini Ridley= Purple Charizard

Color Swaps to the rescue! Compromising is the answer.

Jiggy

Ridley would play in a more standard way than Mewtwo, since he actually has some weight and bulk to him. I'd just be curious to see how they'd handle his speed and power; he's never been a slouch in either realm, but for the sake of balance they'd have to tone him down in at least one regard.

Fireblend said:
You guys are missing who we really need. This is my prediction for tonight, because I can dream.
Sami's been mentioned many times before, but I think a good number of us who want her figure there's no way she gets in. :(

Jiggy

Sad thing is that unless Bowser's improved a lot, he'd probably be better off stuck as a palette swap of Squirtle anyway. >_>

Somnid

I think I'm honestly out of things to predict. Like, this game already has everything. I'll go with Character -> Jigglypuff or something.

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
I give up on Chozo Ruins.
If I wasn't predicting a newcomer (who have never had double updates except when it relates to them), I'd add Chozo Ruins to my prediction just for you.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Megaman either tonight or tomorrow night, because of the Capcom conference! I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!

megaman1.jpg

Crushed

Fry Daddy
MrCheez said:
Megaman either tonight or tomorrow night, because of the Capcom conference! I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!

http://megaman.retrofaction.com/articles/interviews/megaman1.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Capcom conference eh?

Castlevania character confirmed.

Fireblend

Banned
Elfforkusu said:
Splorgenborg in Brawl. I'm telling you.
Megaton confirmed :lol

I really doubt we could get another megaton so close to Sonic's announcement tho. I'd give it two or three weeks before we get another third party character, IF there are more to be announced. Also if we're getting Tails we better get Bass to go with Megaman then.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
..pakbeka.. said:
NO U

I'm not the one wanting a dyke wearing a fur coat in SSBB
SERIOUSLY!!???
..bah, whatever... :(
Anyway, everyone knows that tonight is a double update of both Little Mac and Dril Dozer AT.

Jiggy

Whoa, Splorgenborg. :eek:

You know, if they put Splorgenborg in as a boss playing the same role as PSP in this wonderful video (edit: and I like PSP, but enjoy this nonetheless) and all the VC consoles had to team up to defeat it, I'd not be complaining.

Zeed said:
Yeah, I wonder if using that word is bannable.

I suppose we'll find out soon enough.
I'm pretty sure I got banned for using it once to describe the main character of FFXII a couple of years ago. I learned my lesson.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Jiggy37 said:
Whoa, Splorgenborg. :eek:

You know, if they put Splorgenborg in as a boss playing the same role as PSP in this wonderful video (edit: and I like PSP, but enjoy this nonetheless) and all the VC consoles had to team up to defeat it, I'd not be complaining.
There was some kind of Sega shooter where the final bosses were Sega consoles. I can't remember the name though.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Zeed said:
Yeah, I wonder if using that word is bannable.

I suppose we'll find out soon enough.
I ahte to sound like a soccer mom, but that kind of shit hurts my heart. Its also a pretty big problem in gaming right now. I'm not too PC about stuff normally, but we need to move past this shit.

Anyway, I wouldn't want any Castlevania character other than Simon or Dracula.

Jiggy

Basically, someone confused Castlevania for a Capcom property and everyone proceeded to make fun of him for the rest of the thread (and basically from then on) by playing along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom