• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
jj984jj said:
Looks like there's a new movie up as well.

{Mike} said:
OMFG! This is real! Sonic is confirmed!

f_sonicbrawlm_26e5529.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/sonic.html

Can someone ban these idiots?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Anybody with a brain could tell Sonic was fake if they actually looked at the screen for 2 seconds, why in the world wouldn't it be direct feed and why would they suddenly change the typesetting?

GaimeGuy said:
Look, for those of us with RSS feeds, we can see through this bullshit you're posting IMMEDIATELY.

Seriously, cut it out.
:lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
jj984jj said:
Anybody with a brain could tell Sonic was fake if they actually looked at the screen for 2 seconds, why in the world wouldn't it be direct feed and why would they suddenly change the typesetting?

:lol
Lies. I didn't say that.

Yes I did. But my live bookmark updated the instant i hit "reply".

Nintaiyo

Cosmonaut X said:
So? The "hardcore" will still have the GC controls for purists, together with Classic and Wiimote+Nunchuk for the rest.

That's fine for me since I owned a GCN. But realistically, it would be best if ALL of the control schemes worked equally well. People shouldn't have to go out and buy GCN controllers for this game. The Wiimote/Nunchuk should work just fine.

Sakurai said:
I suppose I would recommend the Nintendo GameCube controller, though. I like the feel of that powerful rumble.

This worries me. It's like he prefers the GCN control scheme and feels all of the other ones are inferior, yet makes up some BS excuse to support his reasoning. The Wiimote-Nunchuk control scheme should work just fine, right? I'm just being paranoid...

VegaShinra said:
The Wii-mote only may be the dimmed down version for controls of the game. Much like the A only mode in Melee. Everyone should have a nun-chuck since it comes with the system.

I doubt it. Nintendo will want to make this game as accessible as possible since it's one of its best selling games. They'll want it to be easy to play and easy to buy. For some, that extra 60 bucks for a full-fledged game could discourage them. By the way, I hated that mode.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Smeg! I was off by 30 minutes. Ohh Japan Time, you tricky devil...

Anyway, Fox's model looks awesome. I wonder what his Final Smash will be?

Jiggy

...Well, that's not particularly engaging, but there's at least one tidbit there that's interesting to my mind, whether I'm reading too much into things or not, or coherent this late or not, or what.

So, look. Fox is classified as "one of many" of the "speed characters," but Pikachu's profile calls it an all-around character. So if Pikachu doesn't qualify as a speed character but Fox does, then probably the only other Melee characters who would have been speed characters are Sheik and Captain Falcon. I'm not suggesting that Sheik is returning (though I hope so), but even if both of them do, how many could "many" entail when we're talking about speed characters under a definition of speed characters where Pikachu doesn't count?

Jiggy37 said:
...Well, that's not particularly engaging, but there's at least one tidbit there that's interesting to my mind, whether I'm reading too much into things or not, or coherent this late or not, or what.

So, look. Fox is classified as "one of many" of the "speed characters," but Pikachu's profile calls it an all-around character. So if Pikachu doesn't qualify as a speed character but Fox does, then probably the only other Melee characters who would have been speed characters are Sheik and Captain Falcon. I'm not suggesting that Sheik is returning (though I hope so), but even if both of them do, how many could "many" entail when we're talking about speed characters under a definition of speed characters where Pikachu doesn't count?
Or new characters are being added that are also speed characters.

Or it was a translation thing and reading in to individual words is kind of pointless.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Jiggy37 said:

Maybe they slowed Pikachu down in this game -- which would make me very sad, being a Pikachu player.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Fox... He's a fast character again which is obvious. Not much was revealed here. Nice pictures I guess. :)

I'm going to assume that hexagonal metal thing on the left side of his waist is his shield generator. Did he have that in Melee? He'll probably touch it or grab it for the reflector animation.

Neo C. said:
Can someone make a comparison Melee/Brawl? The improvement should overall be impressive.

As my (admittedly crappy) comparison shows, it's not a massive jump by any means but he looks more refined with cleaner textures and a better design overall.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Danthrax said:
Smeg! I was off by 30 minutes. Ohh Japan Time, you tricky devil...

Anyway, Fox's model looks awesome. I wonder what his Final Smash will be?
Arwings attack.

I love fox's new look. True proof that, whether or not Wii is much better than GCN, that the developers are pushing more beauty out of it than they did the GCN. Fox is one of my best fighters in SSB:M, can't f'in wait.

Nintaiyo

I really like the look of Fox's new outfit. Too bad it appears as though they're not using any fur-shading like Rare did in SFA. :( Then again, he doesn't really need it; still looks great.

Nintaiyo

I'm really looking forward to seeing the revamped looks for the likes of Capt. Falcon, Peach, Yoshi, Ganondorf and Zelda (TP look maybe?), DK, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom